Our sweet gelding...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENWOODMINIS

Reaction score
I just got around to scanning Rusty's photo...He is my teenage daughters show gelding...she LOVES this horse
default_wub.png
:
Russel%202.jpg
...and, he loves her...when she walks in the barn...BAM, his head is over the door giving her sweet horsey eyes(might be the treats
default_wink.png
: lol)!!! I looked out the kitchen window today and there she was bringing up the mail from our long lane and of course he was faithfully walking beside her ~ like an old friend just keeping her company so, she didn't walk alone...it made me smile

God Bless the geldings...He is a barn favorite to the young and old
default_yes.gif
: !!!

Lets see your special lads!!

lis

Your gelding is gorgeous. Mine is my first Mini ever and is 371/2 inches tall, but he too is everyone's favorite. He is gentle and loving to all. He is the one kids ride, that I drive and that is just an all around good friend.

He did well when he was younger in the ring, but now we just prefer to enjoy him at home.

HM Cloud Dancer

cloud70306.jpg

Stacicloud.jpg

He is LOVELY!!! You just have to love the geldings!! :aktion033:

Here's my two boys, I've posted them here lots of times before, they both do it all and they are so much fun to be around, they are up for anything you want to do with them....

Bud and Steve

BudSupremeOBFsized.jpg

primedesignhalter.jpg

Well you touched what is near and dear to my heart. I love my geldings. But of course you know I just love Rusty too.

My super gelding is just a 3 year old and has proven himself time and time again in the halter ring as he was World Champion Yearling Futurity Gelding in 2004. He has since been trained to drive and is doing wonderful, we do love the driving stuff now. And although it isn't offical yet, I believe he finished his points for his AMHA Championship. But that isn't why I love his so much. Its part of it but what makes him so special is that I was asked if we could get together a few driving minis to help give rides at a camp in NC that is especially for disabled and sick children. They have regulations about who can ride the camp horses so I told the manager I would see what I could get together. Well to just try it out first to see how it would work, we only took my gelding with his regular driver who knows him so well. My horse walked and trotted for almost 2 hours, stopped and stood perfectly still everytime a child got out and another one got in. He never made a wrong step, he trusted his driver (who isn't me by the way) to make sure he didn't get hurt. The kids loved him and he got alot of hugs and kisses that day. He was as steady as any aged horse I have ever seen. He was just perfect. He won a permanent place in my heart and my barn that day, he will never be for sale. He has proven that he deserves to feel content and safe for the rest of his life. I just can't say enough about how much I love this horse and what a great job his trainers have done in making him the horse he is today. Oh and in his very first versatility class he placed first twice and second once under three judges. He is a rock.

My Super Gelding

K-Nells Spin To Win

spinsilverjubilee.jpg

Here is Springborn Shiloh, he was our first mini and our last mini. He is very special to us.

shilohrun.jpg

Jamesshiloh0805041.jpg

shilohwalk.jpg

Thanks for a great topic..... :aktion033:

My Wee Man is everything to me. I saved up so long and hard to finally own him and wouldnt trade him for Any Top 10 Or Nationals Quality horse he is sweet And he is just my boy period
default_smile.png

woahwee.jpg

weemangg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this year i had the opportunity to buy an outstanding show gelding named Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty. Last year he was 2X National Champion, 3X Reserve National Champion, 2X World Top 5, and also a World Top 10. He was trained and shown by Lee Crutchfield of Aloha Training Center. He is an amazing show horse and has the greatest personality. He absolutely loves to show. When you show him he basically does everything by himself, he is just automatic. Last weekend at a show he was Grand Champion 5 times. This year i am going to take him to Nationals and i am hoping to do just as well. He is the funnest horse i have ever shown. He has gave me a greater appreciation of geldings. Also i am going to have him trained to drive eventually, he is going to make an awesome driving horse.

efb8e342.jpg

efb8e5fb.jpg

[SIZE=10pt]This horse is not a "gelding" surgically speaking, but he cannot sire foals and hasn`t for many years now. He is the most gentle, loving horse I have ever had the pleasure to love.[/SIZE]

Here he is pictured with the little boy my sister sits for now and then, Andre` is 2 1/2 and loves animals. He and Zorion have taken to each other and when Andre comes over, the barn is where he wants to go.

Zorion did his share of winning in his youth, and right now at the age of 21, he is still winning...hearts!!!
default_wub.png
:

ZorionAndre.jpg

I hope I get this right. Our wonderful gelding is Pattons By the Grace of The Moon, AKA "Bulldog".. We've had him 3 Months today. We were just going to get Lucy, our mare, but the previous owner was wondering how she would do without one of her budies. So, we got Bulldog too.. He is so much more loveable than Lucy. But Lucy has come a long way. We all have in just three months... Bulldog let's my daughter ride him. And she got a bareback saddle for her birthday. He never had anything on his back like a saddle before. First time we put it on him, he was fine with it.. Bulldog is my sweetheart
default_wub.png
: I just love them both so much already.. They got me hooked.. And I like to thank Karen for letting me buy them from her. Karen, if you read this, a big thanks to you...
default_yes.gif
: I love my mini's :bgrin Just wish I could have more than 2...

bulldog.jpg

Just edited to say this picture was taken at his previous owners place. He has more of a belly now, and I'm still learning on getting him to do that stand. I just think he look very handsome in this pic...

We are owned by two geldings (as well as a colt). They are complete characters...at the same time loving and ornery, devoted and independent.

Mingus is the first horse I ever owned, although I had always been around horses. He was rescued from a terribly neglectful situation...evidently someone thought he was a throwaway. He is anything but. He can be as fiery and high-spirited as any stallion (except for himself when he was a stallion -- he was he11 on wheels...), yet is a very loving and eager to please, sensible, unflappable and incredibly smart. This is his second year showing at halter, and he has done very well despite his doofus handlers...ahem. We're starting him on ground-driving as well as jumping. He is 6 years old and just a hair under 38 inches. We adore every last one of those 38 inches!

minguscloseupsm.jpg

I have his head up too high here...his neck is actually much better than this...

100_0417ming-stand.jpg

100_0416mingus-lunge.jpg

Thelonius was originally adopted by Jayne (of this forum) from the Oregon State Veterinary Surgery Program. He survived a number of procedures and was lucky to have Jayne come into his life. Her other horses, however, would not accept him, and so Jayne asked us if Mingus wanted a companion. We fell in love just from his photo, and he was even better in real life. Mingus and Thelonius were instant, inseparable buddies.

Thelonius is the clown of our herd, teasing and joking with his buddies. When they are all running, he likes to slow down so that he can then leap forward. If the other horses are running, Thelonius will stand in a corner and jump out at them, sometimes turning his tail and kicking them. He is the sort of horse who will leave his food to come to you...he is also a natural at horse therapy; at a parade he pulled me through a crowd to a quadraplegic woman and laid his head in her lap. Thelonius is 6 years old and I would guess around 34-35 inches. He does not show, as he wouldn't like it, and with his history, he doesn't have to do anything but let us love him and share his sweetness with those who need it.

(We will be getting some new photos of Thelonius...I do not have a recent photo that does him justice.)

Theloniuscloseup.jpg

thelonius404.jpg

Oh, I LOVE geldings!!! If a person is "just" out to have an easy to enjoy, fun horse -- a gelding is usually a wonderful choice.

Here are my favorite geldings...

Tibbs Sundowner / "Sunny" is an 8yo A Division gelding who will be trained for driving this fall. I have not ever known a horse like him. In hand, he is trained to the 9's and is so anxious to please. He has had an extremely successful show career -- 3x National Champion, 6x Reserve National Champion, 19 Grand Championships (the latest one with me a few weeks ago!), Halter Hall of Fame with about 200 points... He is a show machine and very special to me:

sunny9.jpg

Little Kings BT Bacardi Gold / "Bacardi" is a 2yo B Division gelding sired by Ima Boones Little Buckeroo Too / "BTU". He is another horse who tries so hard to do what I want him to do. He and I have clicked tightly and he is fixated on me if I'm outside doing anything (with him, with another horse, or just out there period). This earns him special points in my book. The relationship bond between Bacardi and I is on the level I have with one of my riding horses (Rocket) and it's something I never thought I'd get from another horse. The first show of his life was a few weekends ago and he became the first horse I have shown to a Supreme:

2006%20VMHC%20Summer%20Show%20--%20Sunny,%20DunIT%20and%20Bacardi%20--%20040%20SMALLER%20FOR%20WEBSITE.jpg

Triple H Derby Day Miracle / "Derby" is a 6yo gelding who was my former show stallion. This picture just really shows you the big heart inside this little (31") boy. He is a very easy horse to enjoy. A rock steady driving horse and a fabulous showmanship horse. He had many halter championships as a stallion. I haven't shown him yet as a gelding, but surely will some day.

Derby-WCMHR-Hunter.jpg

Whinny For Me's Skippin Miracle / "Skipper" is a 3yo gelding and is my first "home bred" foal. I'm very proud of Skipper who is smart as anything. He is sired by Derby above and out of my favorite mare (Lou). I showed him a couple times, and each time he was Grand Champion. He is a very sweet boy:

Skipper-VMHC-by-DRockwell.jpg

We have 25 geldings.

Our geldings are our show horses, our driving horses, our parade horses. They represent our breeding program, their sires, dams and siblings. They promote the Miniature Horse and all they can do. But mostly, they're a lot of fun and very much loved!

Our First Gelding in Memory Past away December 2005

SeaHorse5-6.jpg

OUr New Gelding, just got him Febuary 2006

Double007.jpg

When I first met Tango he was a fiery two year old colt who thought, despite his only being 28", that he ruled the roost. At first I thought, "Man that little dude is a sh*t!" A few months later, Marie (shortpig who owned him) brought him up to our friends boarding stable just for fun. She started letting me handle him while she worked with some of her other horses there. At first I didn't want to because he was such a little terror, but I sucked it up and did anyways. Everyone commented on how Tango was much better behaved for me than anyone else...yeah okay if side kicking, rearing, biting, and never standing still for more than 2 seconds is better behave, than sure I'd agree. After about a week, Marie simply says, "Here he's yours." and hands me the lead.

Tango and I have gone through our fair share of problems and trials, but we've worked through them all. Three years later he became a gelding and he will be with me until his last day on earth. I couldn't face life without him. He is my boy and I love him dearly. And to think I considered selling him one time. What a mistake that wouldn've been!

Viewcrest Too Hot To Tango, 2000, solid silver dapple gelding.

Tango%20Great%20Head%20Shot-best.jpg

tango.jpg

tango2.jpg

tango%20and%20quest%203.jpg

osf2.jpg

Erin

I to love gelding. They don't have too much attitude :bgrin My gelding Britton was given to me 2 years ago by my neighbours. He was my dream come true and I love him to death. He has this awesome trot that makes me get goose bumps. He does everything, driving included. I dont really work him anymore as he just turned 22. But he makes an awesome barn buddy. Well here he is.
default_wub.png
:

Britty19.jpg

Britton20.jpg

britt.jpg

Thanks.

-Nicole

Here is my sweet boy, Blue.
default_wub.png
: I have had him for three years, every since he was weaned. He is my first mini, and since then we have added one more. He is my boy, and I love him.

000_0750.jpg

100_021888.jpg

fixed.jpg

Sorry they are so big!
default_wacko.png
:

We Love our Geldings too, but my favorite, is my Dusty (Dusty Lanes Vegas Robber Baron).
default_wub.png
:

He has an "Old Soul" and is such a Gentle Spirit, he loves to be hugged and give hugs. He whinnies everytime we walk outside, or when we come into the barn each morning. He is such a Love Monkey! And he is SO good with the youngsters, he keeps an eye on them, and doesn't let anyone get too far out of hand!
default_wub.png
: And I think he is just plain Gorgeous!
default_wub.png
:

Dusty10.jpg

Nancy
default_smile.png

Here are my two awesome geldings.

I rescued Peanut from slaughter in 2003. He has turned out to be the sweetest horse I have ever known. Such an attitude problem, but hey. I got him when Love Can't Wait Pony Rescue shut down. I would never sell him.

peanutjump.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Then next is Lowes Dealer. This is the horse that taught me how to really show a horse in jumping. He loves to jump, and would jump the moon for me. I taught him how to do it all.

P6170005.jpg

dealerspook.jpg

P1010039.jpg

My "sweet" gelding isn't completely mine, but 86 more dollars!!!! Kid is not a National Champ, nor will he ever be. He will always be my bubbas. He may be a pain, but he would do anything for me and I would do anything for him. I have worked with him for almost 2 years. He was a "problem" horse that no one could stick with him. I came to the ranch, knowing lots about horses but no idea how to work with them. The lady said, "See that sorrel and white horse? Go work with him." When I saw him, my heart went pitter-pater. It was love at first site. He is very QH type but that's why I love him. He could jump the moon if we worked at it. I would like to thank Maria Pigozzi for soon selling him to me.

I can't post pics but here is our site: Kids Site

Latest posts

Back