Our sweet gelding...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 6 and soon to be 7 geldings that I adore. Here are pictures of two of them.

One is CKC's Only the Lonely- KC "B" gelding

KC.jpg

and the other is RHA Unforgettable Locomotion--- Cole "A" top 10 All star in yearling geldings last year.

Cole0605--smaller.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Long Shots Little Maximoto, (Shooter) is my five year old gelding. He is the very first horse of our own breeding, that I have ever allowed myself to keep just for me...MINE---ALL MINE! :aktion033:

Here he is earlier this past Easter, (still in his winter jammies) giving "rides" to a group of our neighbour's grandchildren. How do you like his booties? :lol: :lol: :lol:

CopyofEasterMay06064.jpg

Copy3ofEasterMay06055.jpg

Here is my one and only, Mister Fever Beaver (Six Gems Spotted Fever), my 2 year old near leopard appy gelding
default_wub.png
: !

Fever just before we brought him "home" (he is boarded at a local stable) last year.

370936272wcjwph_ph.jpg

Fever and me this past fall.

518137419FcDiMz_ph.jpg

Well my best friend in the whol wide world is a 35' mini gelding. Roy is the best lil guy i could ever ask for!!He knows tricks, follows me, whinneys to me wenever he sees me and is there when i need a shoulder to cry on. He is just the best!!Words cannot describe how much I love him. He is my first love and it will always be like that
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: !!Hear is my roy or One Ritz-C-Kid,

RoyShow.jpg

Picture057.jpg

This is "Wipperman"....Cherokees Orion Whisperer....our first miniature horse in 1996...he's a lil hot-head...still full of himself at 10 yrs old...but he has my heart...even when he's being bad...lol. He's just 31" tall...but don't tell him...he thinks he's a full size arab...SERIOUSLY! LOL

whisp1134.jpg

:new_shocked: Wow, there are many very drool-worthy horses in this thread. :aktion033: Of course, I couldn't resist to show off my gelding, too :bgrin

This is our Winners Circle BZ Buckeye, sired by Boones Little Buckeroo 2nd and out of a daughter of Lazy N Red Boy:

Bucky.jpg
Bucky2.jpg

He is only 31 inches small and on these pictures, he is obviously neither clipped nor conditioned ... but he does have a lot of presence :lol: He also has big movement! I just wish I had the time to train and show him ...
default_sad.png

For now, he will have to settle with being spoiled rotten
default_wub.png
:

Conny

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's our little guy, Tumble Buck of Featherstream. He's nearly 5 years, 31.5" AMHA. We bought him as a breeding stallion, and then after visiting the World Show last year decided he wasn't good enough. But we love him too much to let him go, so now we have ourselves a great gelding!
default_wub.png
:

He already has 1 lovely son, and has 3 more on the way this spring.

NIABshow.jpg

driving1.jpg

Ive got two awesome geldings!

Mountain Shadows Kindred Spirit is my newest show gelding. He has the best personality! He tries his best at everything he does. Spirit is very versatile. Hes trained in driving, jumping, halter, showmanship, and liberty. I have started his training in obstacle also.

SpiritRight.jpg

SpiritHead.jpg

scan0001.jpg

And this is Rio. Hes also got a sweet temperment but can be a little pushy and stallionish at times. Hes trained in driving, jumping, halter, showmanship, and obstacle.

RioLeft.jpg

RioJump.jpg

:new_shocked: Wow, there are many very drool-worthy horses in this thread. :aktion033: Of course, I couldn't resist to show off my gelding, too :bgrin

This is our Winners Circle BZ Buckeye, sired by Boones Little Buckeroo 2nd and out of a daughter of Lazy N Red Boy:

Bucky.jpg
Bucky2.jpg

He is only 31 inches small and on these pictures, he is obviously neither clipped nor conditioned ... but he does have a lot of presence :lol: He also has big movement! I just wish I had the time to train and show him ...
default_sad.png

For now, he will have to settle with being spoiled rotten
default_wub.png
:

Conny
I totally agree, lot's of beautiful geldings.
default_wub.png
:

Our gelding is the leading gelding of Europe and he is 4 years old and 31 inches.

This year so far he has won every gelding class we entered him in. (3 shows so far)
default_firstprize.gif
:

In this last picture he is a little over weight, but we are doing our best to get him into shape again for the upcomming shows.

We really love geldings and hope a lot more Europeans will geld their horses and take them to shows.

And Conny...as soon as I have a stable to spare....
default_wink.png
:

Patricia

My sweet Gelding is Nitro. I got Nitro in March and gelded him in April. I have been working with him non stop this summer and he is amazing! He is now 7 and at his first ever show he placed Grand Champion Gelding, followed by his second show getting Reserve Champion Gelding and a 1st in Jumping! He has a big show coming up in two weeks and a show in late Augest for his driving. I just love him so much... I really miss him now
default_sad.png
default_wink.png
:

Here's my boy:

abcd.jpg

NitroHalternMyBack.jpg

NJump4.jpg

Geldings, geldings, let's see here...do I own any geldings? :lol:

There's Kody, my 6 year old 33.5" sorrel mini gelding. You all know him from my posts and believe me his personality makes him impossible to miss in person. I do think nostalgically of the way he'd puff himself up as a stallion, it was quite something to behold, but on the other hand it's nice to have him more concerned about where I (and the treat bag) am then about the horse next to him be it mare, stallion, or gelding.

Together.jpg

FlymaskSnooze.jpg

KodyPosed.jpg

My other gelding is not a mini but I wanted to mention him too. This is Spyderman, my 29 year old Arabian. He was a breeding stallion until he was twelve and I got him when he was fifteen and I was ten. It's been a long road for this sweet horse but he's finally learned to relax and trust humans, even to play with us, and I never take it for granted that he nickers at me every time I approach his fenceline. He has been my best friend for a lot of years and even though my relationship with Kody has taken center stage the last two years I hope Spyder knows he's still my deepest and most trusted love.

SpyderandLeiahs.jpg

Video still from my early teen years.

LessonCanter1.jpg

Leia

Here's a photo of my two geldings- up front is my 35 1/2" mini, Sundance Kid. Behind him is my 16.3 Thoroughbred, Festins Pharoh. They are the smallest and the largest horses at the barn where I board:)

I love geldings for their even temperments. Kid was a stallion when I first bought him 12 years ago, and what a difference in personality after I gelded him! I always say that it gave him a brain! VBG Pharoh was a gelding for his career at the racetrack, which is probably why he was not particularly successful.

KidandFestin.jpg

Here is my gelding Platinum (Ten Ls Destiny's Double Platinum)

fox_holler_i000042.jpg

fox_holler_i00003f.jpg

and my husband's gelding Dusty (I think his registered name is Dusty Moonlight - but don't know that for sure -- have to look on his papers).

fox_holler_i00000a.jpg

fox_holler_i000002.jpg

Dusty was to be a driving horse - it turns out he has double locking stifles so he is a pet. Too bad as he has beautiful "warmblood bouncy type" movement in his trot - he moves like a miniature Lippizzaner!

JJay

PS - sorry the pictures are soooo big -- they aren't on my website so I don't know why they are here!

Latest posts

Back