Our Southern friends - please check in!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are in Ga it went around us, thank god, everyone I know is ok, but it was a long night of watching and praying for those in its path.
default_no.gif

Nancy Richey is my mother in law...talked to her yesterday they are safe the Tornando devasted Smithville MS lucky she and Don are way aoutta town.. One tornado last week did go through he wooded area an straight for the house ther suddenly went doen the drive....All horses and humans are safe..She is withour power so hopefully she will post more when they get it back on.

jen

Why does my group say YOUTH ..gee I'm soon to be 44..yikes...LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone heard from Melissa at Paint By Numbers ranch in MS, not sure if the tornado hit her area or not. Hope everyone is ok!!!
default_unsure.png

We're in NE Tx and we are ok. No damage at our place thankfully. My niece is 10 minutes from here and they have nearly every tree in their yard down and her husband's work trailer flattened by trees. This was middle of the week. While I was feeding the horses around 4 a.m. one morning I had just been out to the stallion's run and fed him and put hay in his shelter. About the time I got back up to the barn to feed the mares and close them in the barn we got bombarded with hail. Only lasted a couple of minutes. We have several places hit with property damage around here in the ArkLaTex (where Tx, La, and Ar) borders touch. But no deaths that I am aware of. Hughes Springs in NE Tx had another tornado touch down last night. We are under watch now and could still get storms up until tomorrow night. I know in NW Ar where I used to live there were 3 drownings from the creeks getting so high cars were swept in. The devastation in some of these other southern states has just been horrific. I feel so bad for the people in those communities. Prayers going out for all.

Joanne... Belinda is in Oregon judging a show this weekend.

Thanks Lisa. Just hoping her home and all the horses were spared. We have two lovely horses of hers and would hate for anything to have happened to her or her ranch.

Latest posts

Back