Our Southern friends - please check in!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffian

Reaction score
We've had 3" of rain, but nothing compared to what's going on down South. Our prayers for all our friends and forum folks in those areas. Hope all, 2 and 4 legged, are well.
default_unsure.png

I had family hit up in Northern Alabama, luckily all are okay. I have friends who know unaccounted for people and some who are dead as well. One tornado went across our whole state, and the death count is currently over 200
default_no.gif
I'm glad we weren't hit here along the coast, but those further north are most definitely in my prayers as well.

We have lots of flooding and tornado hit town pretty good and 70 mile winds on two different days also didnt help any either. We have power now. We were out for 19 hrs one day and then a few days later when it hit again we were out like 8 hrs but there are some that have been out for 3 days now and there saying it wont be back or get everyone back on till next week. Alabama was so horrible. I know there was only like one death in TN but not sure where that was. I pray for those familys who lost loved ones. Those with property damage and those with no electric. My heart goes out to all of them

oops i think there is 10 deaths in tn and one in arkansas and i cant remember how many they said in mississippi

Last edited by a moderator:
We are in upper East Tennessee! The tornado's that devastated Alabama tore through Tennessee late last night! Greenville, Tn. ( just a few miles from us lost 7 lives in the storm and several are still missing. There's trees uprooted everywhere, power is out for about 5 to 6 thousand folks, Many homes & business was destroyed!

It looks like a war zone in Camp Creek, TN. The Super Cell storm roared over our house at 11PM and it sounded like a jet flying low overhead! Pretty scary!

The storm cells just kept coming one after another after another until around 2AM this morning! We were very lucky, just lost a couple trees and a flag pole! There's a lot of folks here that have lost everything! Including several deaths in the western part of Virgina! Please keep those folks in your prayers!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending prayers for all the folks in the storms path.

we are very fortunate here in NJ we seem to be spared

the worst of the worst weather all the time in our

little part of the country.

The storm that hit weekend before last produced a F2 tornado that tore through a mere 6 miles north of our property, It was very scary. We had to leave our house with our horses at home and head south about 50 miles to my parents house because we live in a mobile home. I cried the whole way there knowing I was leaving my "children" behind to fend for themselves. We had 3 tornados boxing us in and had no choice. Thankfully we returned to find only some small limbs down. There were some neighboring horse farms that were not so lucky. http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2011/apr/19/1/lee-county-farm-heavily-damaged-horses-39670-vi-31583/ These storms that came through today didn't do any damage in my area this time.

I haven't heard much of anything about the storms in the last couple days--so Alabama was hit hard again last night? These storms are just horrible.

We don't have cable TV and all our local channel has on the news this week is the federal election and the royal wedding. I'm totally sick of both--I could just live with the election news, but don't give a crap about the royal wedding--would much rather know about what the weather is doing to our friends down south.

Prayers to everyone in the affected areas!

It was horrible but we rode it out and it was really terrible. I cannot believe my house is standing so next time I complain about it being so old and decrepit I'm going to think twice. The hillbillys that built this thing must have used holy wood lined with steel. Downed trees and power lines everywhere. Lots of missing roofs snd structual damage around the area. We were out of power from 6:00pm yestarday until today and its still going in and out. We found our driveway down the road and its already been fixed. I found my wash rack in the front pasture and we had a lot of water under the house but its already been pumped out. Our retaining wall and ditch on one side of the barn gave way so we have a mud slide but again, its all fixable. Thank heavens for the barn being insullated. The horses couldn't even hear the loud noises going on outside. I learned not to procrastinate about cleaning out the closets because it was hard to fit in there with all the junk!

The news videos that we are getting over here are absolutely terrifying and are showing many totally devastated areas.

Sending sympathy to those who are suffering or who have lost so much and prayers for the rest of you (and your furkids) in the hope that you will stay safe during these terrible storms.

Anna

I had family hit up in Northern Alabama, luckily all are okay. I have friends who know unaccounted for people and some who are dead as well. One tornado went across our whole state, and the death count is currently over 200
default_no.gif
I'm glad we weren't hit here along the coast, but those further north are most definitely in my prayers as well.
I'm terribly sorry to hear about your friends my thoughts are with you.....

These storms, at least 7 F1's or higher, with at least 2 being F4's have devastated the Tennessee valley as well as many parts of Alabama. Chattanooga is a tri-state area being right on the state lines of Georgia and Alabama. In Ringgold, GA. 8 people were killed. The tornado hit right along I-75 and flattened Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds, Krystal, Subway, Foodline, Ace Hardware. and a BP station. There are many injured and thousands of homes destroyed or damaged.

In Apison Tennessee there were 8 people killed when an F4 that was 8,000. ft wide completely wiped out a whole subdivision. In Cleveland Tennessee 9 people were killed from the same tornado.

Our farm is about 5 miles north of Ringgold and two miles south of Apison. We had very strong winds and have been without power since Wednesday afternoon until 3 this afternoon but we had no significant damage only leaves. There are thousands and thousands of trees down. It will be weeks before all the power is restored in our area. Many people have lost everything they had except their lives.

These storms are the worst storms to hit this area since 1932. Please keep our neighbors in your prayers.

Anyone hear from:

Nancy and Richey at Canterbury Farms

Belinda Bagby at Cross Country Farms

Erica Killion

If you have or know about any other LB members, please let us all know.

My thoughts and prayers are with all who are suffering. It is hard to watch the coverage on tv and know of so many lives lost and families displaced. I can't even imagine a storm that size and on the ground for that long, or the heartbreak and shock that they are experiencing.

We are traveling and out of town and think our property is ok. We saw on the national coverage that a twister did touch down and cause considerable damage in the western part of our county (we live a few miles away, in the central area of the county). This is the second time this spring that we have been out of town when bad storms have come into our area.

How about Larry Parnell and that area?? Sending prayers for EVERYONE - it has been so horrifying to see it on the news and so sad.......

Anyone hear from:

Nancy and Richey at Canterbury Farms

Belinda Bagby at Cross Country Farms

Erica Killion

If you have or know about any other LB members, please let us all know.
I have heard from Nancy Richey. They are OK. They are about 3 miles out of Smithville, MS, which as I understand was completely wiped out.

I have tried to reach both Nancy and Belinda without success. Guess they are both busy.

There are so many people affected. I will feel better when we know many of our members are safe that were in the tornados path.

As people hear from our members, please let us alll know.

Thanks for letting us know abouit Nancy and Don. I appreciate it Freeland.

I own a couple of their horses and we have become friends over the years.

Saying prayers for each and every one that they and they families are safe. As I watch all this on the satellite I think of all you back east and hope all are okay.

I also spoke with Anne Collum of ABC (via email). She said they took shelter when a tornado went over them, but their only damage was trees and a gate. I also heard that Danny and Jackie Buskirk (T&S Minis)are safe. Their farm was not in the path of the tornado, but they were visiting near Smithville when it hit and took shelter under an overpass.

I'm sure many people are without phone service and electricity and many out helping their neighbors. My prayers go out to them.

Heard from Jan Bryant (Vineyard Hills) lives outside Malvern AR and she said that HW9 had trees down all over it but was finally able to get home. Only damage was a small tree on the house but no damage and was able to remove the tree without problems.

Hope everyone else is OK.

Back