Our "Moonlight Drive" tonight...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
WOW!!!! That's about the only word I think of for the moment. Our "Moonlight Drive" tonight was just ABSOLUTELY HEAVEN ON EARTH!!! It was in the low to mid 50's, sky clear as a bell with a moon ever so BRIGHT!!! GLORIOUS!!! Ok....that's another word that comes to mind, LOL! Hubby hitched our gelding Tuffy, and I hitched our stallion Rolex. Rolex is not even half the size of Tuffy, and his little legs kept stride right alongside him as if he was every bit as tall, LOL! I tell you, that little guy is sure growing on me...especially after our drive tonight. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} I think his HEART is near about, if not MORE GOLDEN than his shiney golden champagne coat ever could be. I don't know who enjoyed our moonlight outing more....hubby and me, or our "boys", LOL! Gosh, these forestry trails out here sure take on a whole new world by moonlight. We've only ever taken them in daytime...tonight was just SO SPECIAL no matter how you look at it! No traffic to contend with, just us, the horses, and all the night time critters of the forest on the move by moonlight. {{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}} What a night!!!

Boy Howdy... I know I'll really be feeling it, come morning (whewboy...already took my glucosamine chondroitin for the night, along with some advil, LOL)...but.... Aaaaahhhhh, I sure needed that!!!

That Rolex....he sure is something!!! It's been a long time coming...but I think he finally was able to touch that special place in my heart that was sure missing it for a loooooooong time now!!!! A heart of gold, that boy!!!! I tell ya!!!!

{{{THANK YOU Rolex, good 'ol boy!!! You DID GOOD tonight little buddy!!!! You sure made my heart sing tonight little guy, and I DO LOVE YOU, I surely do!!!! Heaven knows.... }}}

{{{MAJORHAPPYSIGHS}}}

Hubby was sure singin' Tuffy's praises tonight too...I think Tuffy has filled his heart forever and always! Tuffy is our grandson's pony now...but he will still live here with us....so "Grandpa" can share him when Wyatte visits us, LOL.)

default_saludando.gif
Well, I'm gonna go hit the hay now....SWEET DREAMS YA'LL!!! Thanks for letting me share and shout m'joy! G'night ya'll. Hope all your dreams tonight are as sweet as I know mine are gonna be!

Champagne Cheers,
default_wub.png

Tanya

it is a perigee moon tonight--closest to the earth in a hundred years, I think. What a night for a ride!!!

too cold here to do it, though I thought of it. I did a drive one night a couple of years ago and saw the most beautiful falling star! Glorious is the word!

LUCKY YOU!!!! Its way too cold here today to even think of going for a drive. The wind is brutal and the snow stings. Riding or driving in the moonlight has always been one of my favorite things to do
default_smile.png
I did get out yesterday morning, quite early, in the slightly foggy stillness - it was mystical is the best way I can describe it. Everything was dusted in white and it was very quiet. I bet you are having sweet dreams tonight!!!

Tanya
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting
default_laugh.png
Thank you for sharing your joy.

No hanging out outside here tonight...it is cold and pouring rain. But I had a great day of driving my horses (in the covered arena, LOL!) and enjoying my friends!!! It was a fantastic day for me, as well.

Ohhhhh wow...does that sound glorious indeed!!! How lucky, lucky, lucky!!!! Too cold up her to do anything like that for now...but I sure enjoyed going with you in your story!!!
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

Tanya, thanks for sharing such a beautiful time with the hubby and the horses. Your words painted me a wonderful picture.

So glad you have the weather that permits such an awesome drive. I did go out to look at the moon last night, but did not stick around for anything else.

Thanks so much ya'll.
default_wub.png
It really was an absolutely beautiful outing!
default_yes.gif
What made it so especially enjoyable though, was the fact that both the horses seemed to enjoy it just as much, if not even moreso.
default_biggrin.png
Tuffy was just out having a good 'ol time, trucking right along for hubby. And Rolex, he is not even half the size of Tuffy, yet he had it set in his heart, that even though Tuffy's stride was easily double the length of his, he was gonna "hang with that big dog".
default_yes.gif
There was no "having" to nudge him on to keep up at all, he just went with it, with no asking of him, he was just ALL HEART. His poor little legs was moving right along, as he set on the bit and kept gait quite consistent. I think he is going to be an AWESOME one for roadster. He literally was just blowing me away with his will power for it.
default_wub.png
His little heart of gold was just TOTALLY IN IT, and it just grabbed me so.
default_wub.png
Even hubby was amazed when he "thought" he had Tuffy trucking along pretty good, and he looked over to see if we were "back there" anywheres, ROFL. The look on his face in the bright moonlight was PRICELESS when he saw that Rolex was "hanging right there WITH 'em".
default_thumbup.gif
HAHAHA!!! Made my heart SING!
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
What a wonderful experience you have had. ~S~

I can't get my hubby out of bed the lazy old bum. His schedule is off so he sleeps most of the day and is up all night. Only thing is we dont have lights out where the animals are yet! heheh If we did I would put him to work!

Latest posts

Back