OTR truck drivers wife

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Witts Mini Horse Ranch

Reaction score
Excuse me "professional Driver's wife". I don't want to toot my own horn...well maybe I do. I think the many families of these drivers deserve recognition. You can never be certain when they are going to be home, may get held up loading, unloading, break down the list goes on forever. Therefore you can not plan anything. I don't have any kids at home, just 40 horses and donkeys, 8 dogs and 3 parrots. I don't know how the ladies with children do it...I guess it is a lot like being a single mother (been there).

Today was just a normal day as a trucker drivers spouse (I should say, I know professional women drivers). He was suppose to be home today so we could go get a load of hay...nope didn't make it...so I went and got it by myself....I ain't no younen anymore. But I can't complain...then I hear the lecture "I just bought those horses to make you happy...if your not happy...well then" always stop him there. Yeah my back is killing me...but I am pretty dang proud of myself
default_rolleyes.gif

Anyway I got off the subject of what I wanted to say....I think we need a "PROFFESIONAL DRIVERS SPOUSES DAY" like secretary day! For holding down the fort...tackling what ever problems come up on our own! Do I hear a second! Yep, I'd say don't send me chocolates...I want horse treats! LOL Have to stay in shape to haul that hay!
default_aktion033.gif

Oh I hear yah!! Drivers wife here, 2 kids 7 & 9, 26 horses and donkeys 2 cows 4 goats 1 pot belly, 3 dogs, 6 cats and numerous ducks, chickens and 1 very confused goose!!
default_wacko.png
We see my husband for about 2 days a month right now!! Just moved to Tenneessee 7 months ago, so I can totally understand!! I do everything myself!! To top it off I have been very sick for the last 3 weeks!! First time I have ever been sick that long!! Now my husband wants me to go back to work!!
default_new_shocked.gif
I thought I was working!!
default_wink.png

Heidi

Glad to see I am not the only one fighting this battle... It all sounds so familiar
default_wacko.png
I too have a husband who drives for a living (we own our own little trucking company) In addition to all I have to do here I also do the billing, dispatching, faxing, and filing and etc. now he wants me to get a job after being out of the "work force for 10 years. Gee I guess I could (who needs to sleep)...
default_new_shocked.gif

HEAR! HEAR!

My husband worked in the oil field as a frac truck driver up until a few weeks ago. He was gone two weeks at a time. Now he is driving a truck full time hauling cottonseed, peanuts, cattle, gravel and whatever else he can find. He is NEVER home when he says he will be. Either he loses a load and is home early or he gets where he is going and it takes 3 hours to unload instead of the typical 30 minutes. It is soooo frusterating when I try to plan my day and try to get projects done around the house.

Right now I have two kids (2 & 5), 17 horses and work an 8-5 job myself. It is VERY hard to get anything done around our house! Especially since it now gets dark around 5:30 here.

Okay, I am done griping.
default_smile.png

Well its in the blood so to say, i am not a truck drivers wife..but i am a daughter and sister to two
default_smile.png
. When i was younger i use to go with dad during the summers when i was off school, let me state just once agian i am a total daddys girl, when i could not go with him i would worry myself sick about him. So many accidents, my brothers semi got picked up by a tornado and rolled down a cliff in Kentucky many years ago, then dad was pulled over to the side after going threw a toll boothe, a semi came right up behind him and rammed threw the toll booth and ran smack dab into the bag of dads trailer, that was TO close of a call, he retired just after that but still does runs every now and then for my brothers (we own one of the largest reconized personal trucking companys in NW ohio, we are signed on with Whirlpool and Penske).

I dont know how much it drove mom crazy, but i always worried about him...especially during the winter when the roads were / are real bad.

I have to do here I also do the billing, dispatching, faxing, and filing and etc.
Isnt it just He** ???? I use to do paperwork, pay roll, dispatch ext ext ext...i do not wish that job upon anyone.

[SIZE=12pt]Well I'm not married to one (yet) but my boyfriend is and I see him when he comes within 100 miles of me. We talk at night. Don't hear much from him on weekends. We both have a lot of things to do on weekends. Thats when my daddy (OTR driver too) comes home. BTW he will be home in a few hours. He has to drive 4 hours from Pilot Grove MO. Yeah!! Can't wait to see Daddy....He didn't get his CDL till he was 50!! so proud of my daddy. Also my Grandpa (moms dad) was an OTR and I have a cousin (same side of family) that also does it.[/SIZE]

April

I do believe I qualify for this one. Hubby is a driver, his dad is a heavy haul driver (super over sized loads), and our name is Driver
default_wacko.png

Hubby pulled reefer trailers for years, until this past summer. Now he pulls flatbed and says he'd never go back to "normal" trailers. He's gone a lot, but he gets to come home if he's within 75 miles of the house. I refuse to let him buy his own truck. It's just better for our family for him to be a "company man". We have friends who own their own and they're slowly going under. Miles have been short for us, but at least we don't have to buy fuel and everything else.

Latest posts

Back