One of our dogs died from neglect

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you again everyone. We still can't believe he's gone.
default_no.gif
The house just isn't the same.

I hadn't decided what I was going to do about paying the sitter but today I decided to write a check for the full amount but I left the pay to the order of field black. I included a note saying I strongly encourage her to donate the check to PALS (Pets A Lone Sanctuary - where we adopted Diego from) in memory of Diego. I put it in her mailbox. My husband is a volunteer there so we will know if she does or not.

I am sooo sorry!!! In my prayers!!!Well... Maybe getting your mind off of it might help?!?!? Ummmm..... What show did you go to?

Parmela --

That's a very good way to handle the check. Plus, you'll see the payable to in your statement, as well. I hope she will make the donation. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I were her... It's hard to remember what it's like to be that age. I feel so bad for you and your husband
default_sad.png

Jill

Well, the check cleared my bank today. Any guesses as to who the payee was???

Yep, she made it out to herself. :arg!
default_nono.gif
I really think the parents dropped the ball here. They should have MADE her donate it IMO.

I feel like I gave her a perfect opportunity to take responsibility for her actions - or lack thereof. She just doesn't get it.
default_no.gif

Oh wow!!!
default_sad.png
But somehow that does not surprise me. I can only hope she decides to stay out of the pet sitting network.

As someone that runs a non profit shelter, I shutter to think that she might be considered for pet sitting with others based on her "experience" in working in a shelter.

Latest posts

Back