One last post from me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lyn, I"ve kept quiet about this subject to see where it would lead. I've had my share of go rounds here with you like many others through the years, but sorry, you can't just up and bail. Nah, that's too easy.

Don't know anything about your Goji juice but I want to tell everyone that you offered to send me some for free via PM not in public here. I declined because I didn't want to be beholding to you, and God knows I owe everyone on this board so much already, so if it happened to do anything to help me, I wouldn't have been able to afford to continue due it's high price. And besides, there's no juice that can fix my broken heart, but the offer was nice.

Don't know why you haven't posted anything about Esther in so long too. I do miss her pictures and hearing about her. How is she?

Anyhow, just let it all roll like water off a duck's back ok?

Put something in your signature about your Goji juice and that should be ok.

I've advertised my books and my tack shop there and everyone else advertises their horses and things in the signature so that should be acceptable.

Let's don't anyone be mean ok people?

Life is too short.

Please.

Now come on Lyn, suck it up and spit it out and stay. This too shall pass.

Lyn, This is horrible that this has happened to you. I always found your post informative, and have read them for as long as I have been here. You have helped so many! I dont see anything wrong with your post or posting it here. After all, this is the back porch, and I always thought this is where anything is suppose to be posted non-horse related. I never seen where you were outright selling it on the forum, who cares if its in signature! I think the majority of us have our websites listed, or our stallions listed..does that mean to some we are advertising them as a stallion standing to the public?? When you get a forum as big as this one has become, your always going to get a few "bad apples" I have learned, skip right over them, and dont think twice about it. What goes around--comes around! The majority of the members are great and understanding, dont let the few bad apples get you down. We're all here for you...rise up and say the h*ll with the few bad apples! Corinne

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm well first off I personally dont believe this juice can cure diabetes, blindness and all the other things it claims to but that is JMO

what I do believe is that the mind is a powerful thing and if one is sure something will work, or cause damage it usually does to some extent.

Anyway yes advertising is not allowed here however there are plenty that do, the only post when they have horses for sale, only post to talk about how wonderful they are, only post about what horses will be for sale or dogs or whatever

Personally if I am not interested in the topic I by pass it, if I know it is from someone only posting to help there own marketing with rarely a post about anything else, I by pass there posts.

Many people disagree on a public forum and really for me alot of times that has been a way to learn , see the other side and sometimes change my mind

Disagreements can get nasty people show there true colors, heck I have been sent to He** and back by many here, I have been told I should have my kids taken away,(never mind that both have straight A's and we are closer as a family then many I know)

I dont really let it bother me much - find it amusing that some are so sure they are the ultimate judge and jury, simply cause I dont agree with them and choose to use my right to disagree.

Thats life can't let people like that chase you away from something you enjoy-

If you feel strongly that you are right and what you are doing is right dont let it appear you feel guilty by leaving

Last edited:
oh nevermind....

All opinions aside, I don't see how Mona is asking too much?

The moderators are doing their job. Sometimes we may feel singled out but then we don't know what may have already gone on with other posters behind the scenes.

This does not have to drag out into major drama. Just do as the moderator is asking and let it go.

O M GORSH!!!!!!! Getting rich on SSI!!! what **$&%^## bloody IDIOT What a stupid, insensitive, ignorant, uncaring and blatently moronic thing to say. It is SO bloody hard to get SSI/SSD. Not so with welfare and those ignorant few that make comments such as you rec'd are the loud mouths and make everyone else think that those on SSI/SSD are milking it like so many on welfare are.

Little do those idiots know that , for the most part, people that have to go on SSI/SSD put off doing so. We DO NOT want to be on it, we want to WORK. Many have to try nnumerous times and/or get a lawyer. While suzylazybuttwhowontwork, can go and get fed/state aid no problem, have a kid? here, have some MORE free $$.

Lynn, oh hon I cannot imagine the outrage ( well, kinda in your shoes so I can) you felt with that email. I can tell you it was so well justified ( the outrage). Can also tell you that you may need to give it some time for the Goji-cure to really sink in. So often times we rebound and can be even worse. Take care Heather

Yea rich on Social Security is a joke.

Jerry is on SSI and he is 67 years old. He still has to be out there working every day too. Because he's having fun?????????

Several people have called and e mailed me about this . I will say that I was happy to receive them including the one from Mary Lou about wether or not the rules need tweaking... Wether or not the rule had actually been broken..... but that asside. What Lisa said about running away and APEARING guilty. My life is an open book and I will explain my entire history with the disease here so you will all understand. Not enough room to explain how or why the juice makes changes in us... just too long but for the naysayers just let me say at pubmed.org there are over 75 clinical studies and medical proof to be had.

Anyway the issues brought up in the e mail from MS Saunders. I was blind for 3 years before I ever received Disability. Took me 18 months to get it after applying. I was also told that this is a remission not a cure, once it continues for 1 year it can be considered as such but not before according to my Opthamologist. For those interested I can send you the letter from the Dr as proof of what has happened should you chose not to believe me. That asside I have also called SSI to report my income from the company as well as the change in my condition and they will review and adjust or stop the disability when they the government decide it is time. Did you know that someone with my diagnisis is allowed to make 1500 a month in a home based business and still collect your full check? Im not getting rich off the government nor the company at this point but when it changes as I expect it will down the road, my case worker knows all that I do so I wont be taking advantage of anyone.

As far as Esther goes. WE have been a team for 3 years. She is aclimated to me and my family. The school will not rip the dog out of the home she knows and loves and send her somewhere else. Legally she and her harness are still owned by the school. The harness will be returned once it is determined that the remission is permanent but Esther will retire here.

So now you all know my personal business...those of you that really care and those that dont. I have nothing to hide which is why I have come back to post lest anyone think, as Lisa suggested, that I am running from guilt. I live my life as an open book. Anyone can come here anytime and see how and where I live. Those of you that have been here and REALLY know me you know I am truthful. As i said, I can forward scanned copies of my Drs Report to anyone who would like it.

I am not afraid of investigation.... I have been down that road before as some of you know about another issue and was exonerated... Welcome to my world, its always open for inspection.

Lyn

[SIZE=8pt][this is tongue in cheek and to be read with journalistic drama...][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][/SIZE]

NEWFLASH!!!! NEWFLASH!!! Read it here first!!!
[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

The GOJI SCANDAL Gets Personal
Just what is the pandemonium all about?? What has this sweet little Himalayan berry done to an otherwise healthy forum. Recently, a well known Li'l Beginnings forum member, Lyn Jacobs, was viciously attacked by an uncaring and unfeeling "anti-gojist". This recent attack was brought on by the current Goji juice scandal that has been ripping up the Back Porch board by board since November 2006.

What is the controversary all about? Goji distributors are under attack, motives are being questioned and it's getting personal, ruthless and down right mean. They're accused of trying to "get rich quick" by promoting and pushing the juice made from the unassuming "GOJI BERRY!" The so called "magical powers" of this little berry seem to have more than just "magical healing abilities". It has the power to divide!

Dozens of personal accounts have been recorded on the Li'l Beginnings Back Porch forum testifying to the wonderful healing qualities of this juice. Yet these claims are under attack as well. Could it be that all of these personal testimonies of health and wellness just might be a huge conspiracy? Are these claims really true or are deceptive distributors paying off people to make elaborate and false claims to further their agenda...to get rich quick? Is it the "snake oil cure" that many anti-gojists claim it to be? Goji distributors never claim it as a cure all or make any promises or guarantees yet it is insinuated that Goji distributors are pushing nothing more that a "magic tonic" only to scam the public. The recent attack goes further and threatens an investigation into the claim that the former legally blind, Lyn Jacobs has regained her sight!

The claims that Goji distributors are using the forum to sell their product is apparently the hot button of 2007 for the Back Porch. Distributors say they're not trying to use the forum to sell. Yet some readers disagree. The answer lies within the heart of the distributor. Only he or she can know the truth behind their motive. Forum policy states that to sell or push a product that is against the rules. Can sharing a story sell a product? This journalist says, yes! Is that the motivation behind the story? Only the person sharing the story can know that truth. The omniscient person that can read another's motives does not exist. Otherwise, the questioning of all motives could fall to that individual. So the controversy continues....Just what is the motivation behind this scandal? Could it possibly be true that "pro-gojists" are just that...Pro-Goji and just simply want to share their experience or is there another deceitful agenda lying underneath? Will the truth ever be known? More importantly will there ever be peace between the Pro and Anti Goji people?

Sadly, the strong but might Goji berry has caused division amongst the people. Will the family of the Back Porch ever be happy and live in peace or will the petty nonsense of all the suspected advertising such as:

"She's selling ...

"puppies"

"logos"

"books"

"websites"

"graphic design"

"paintings"

"healing stones"

"jewelry"

"wood burnings"

"a horse trailer"

"Christmas ornaments (or to be politically correct, HOLIDAY ornaments)

"She's posting a picture of a horse that she sadly may have to part with"

What is the answer to the question of the so called sneaky underhanded advertising scheme? Where is that fine line between sharing a story, a quilt, a painting or for the love of God...A LITTLE PUPPY?!?! Or is that fine line as elusive as the Loch Ness monster, Bigfoot or the mystery creature in Marty Garrison's woods?

The End

Come on people for the Love of God...this whole Goji thing has just gotten stupid. And actually to be honest the GOJI JUICE IS NOT THE PROBLEM.

The problem lies in that "elusive fine line" of whether or not someone is advertising. For the most part, we're all advertising something, somehow. I advertise my farm, my petting farm business, my logo and business card design and now Goji in my signature. Like Marty said, she advertises her books, others advertise their farms. We have a Back Porch forum which is for any subject. A place to let your hair down, vent your feelings, share your stories, ask for prayer and support, even raise money for those in need. By the way, I need a $15,000.00 septic system to replace the one that is allowing raw sewage to lie in my front yard...any takers? :eek:

As I was writing this tongue and cheek newsflash (to be read with some serious Howard Cowsell drama!) :bgrin , the thought occured to me, and this would be MaryLou's call, why not have a sales board where we can let people know about items we sell and talents we have. And just like the Back Porch it's for NON-HORSE related items. That way if I'm looking to commission someone to do a painting, I can go there. I personally would rather buy something and support my friends here on the forum first if a product or talent was available. As for the Goji stories... I personally love to read how this stuff is working in peoples lives. Others who don't appreciate them, again...don't read them. It's been brought up before about "Christians", or "politics" if it's " political or religious related...it's added to the subject line. Read it or don't. I think that people who read like to stir up controversy will do just that regardless of what the subject line is. And some people just love a good debate. I know I do.
default_wink.png
: BUT, opinions are neither right or wrong...They are just that OPINIONS. You don't have to agree with me when I tell you I'm not trying to push Goji. Only I know my heart. You don't. I no more have the right to judge your motivation behind the things you say or do anymore than you have the right to judge mine. As its been said countless times and people keep forgetting... We can agree to disagree and we all have a right to our opinions. It's just sad that a juice that has brought so much good into so many lives has become the new "four letter word" of the LB forum. It's sad but soon the Goji Controversy will pass and a new taboo / controversy will come and bring out the worst in people. Afterall, the 2008 Presidential election is coming soon!
default_wacko.png
:

Lyn, you know I love you. You have a lot of friends here that what you to stay. What would you tell me if I decided to quit because someone bashed me? Hmmmmm?????
default_wink.png
:

And to the individual who decided to privately bash Lyn... if you have to be so hateful and mean...do us all a favor and disappear...[SIZE=14pt]there's no room on this forum for perfect people![/SIZE]

Trinity has spoken!! :saludando:

Hmmm well first off I personally dont believe this juice can cure diabetes, blindness and all the other things it claims to but that is JMO
This is one of the major problems. If people would actually read the posts word for word there would be no misconception. Goji juice is not perported to be a cure for anything. What they do say is it helps your body get back to a normal place and then problems start becoming less or disappearing once your body is in balance. It's a supplement, just like a vitamin. To the best of my knowledge, I have not seen ANYONE who uses it say it CURES anything, but helps them feel better in various ways, depending on the person.

KAthy that is EXACTLY right.... it only brings the body back into harmony, or ease rather than DIS-EASE or disharmony. The most brief explanation for that is it changes the body from acid to alkaline which can be monitored by the i-con test strips ...... all clinical testimonal proof not just our word of mouth. When your cells in your body are back to comunicating with each other rather than stacking on top of each other to save themselves from the uric acid in the blood, things can and do get better.

There you have it. A brief synopsis of how we get relief.

Janine....that was just toooo adorable! Im sending that on to Dave!

Thanks

Lyn

[SIZE=8pt]THAT EMAIL WAS DOWN RIGHT MEAN. I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THAT THIS PERSON IS VERY UNHAPPY .... WITH WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HER HANDS. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THERE IS A NEIGHBOR FROM H**L IN EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD.....THERE IS IN MINE. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M MOVING AWAY.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]DON'T MOVE OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD LYN...YOU'VE BEEN HERE A LONG TIME
default_yes.gif
: TERI[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]THAT EMAIL WAS DOWN RIGHT MEAN. I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK THAT THIS PERSON IS VERY UNHAPPY .... WITH WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON HER HANDS. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THERE IS A NEIGHBOR FROM H**L IN EVERY NEIGHBORHOOD.....THERE IS IN MINE. THAT DOESN'T MEAN I'M MOVING AWAY.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt]DON'T MOVE OUT OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD LYN...YOU'VE BEEN HERE A LONG TIME
default_yes.gif
: TERI[/SIZE]

TERI...I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE! YOU GO GIRL! :aktion033:

[SIZE=14pt]Lyn, I enjoy reading your posts and I hope you don't leave. You shouldn't have to make your life an open book to your forum family here to prove that you're innocent. That's just not right IMO. Teri was right about the editor of the nasty PM being an unhappy person. Therefore, that's his/her problem, not yours!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Can't we all just get along?? LOL :ugh: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Shannon :bgrin [/SIZE]

Trinity Acres...that was an amazing piece of journalism! :aktion033:

I have to say that I talk with Lyn at least once a week, and am so very glad to be able to call her a friend. I know that you can not read the inflection in her voice when she types here, but I have heard it, over and over when we talk about the people that have decided to try the juice, and have seen some change for the better in their life. She is genuinely happy for each of us, and feels proud that she could help us! And I think that she has a right to be proud of herself...takes a lot of courage to put yourself out there especially considering the current atmosphere here. The fact that this product is sold the way it is seems to be the big problem IMHO. Why do you suppose that it is OK to try Goji if you buy it from the health food store, but not OK to buy it from a marketing executive? I think it is because other companies have ruined the reputation of network marketing, and now everyone assumes that if a product is sold by that method it has to be a scam. That I think is a shame...everyone, and everything needs to be judged on it's own merit...not the reputation of someone, or something that came before.

Lyn is a great asset to this forum, and I will be making my weekly call to her soon, and will do my best to convince her not to let a few bad apples ruin what is 90% of the time a GREAT place to be.

As far as I'm concerned that PM was uncalled for, and very spiteful, and I'm glad Lyn chose to share it with all of us.

Teresa

Lyn first off I never said you were guilty I said dont run away and let others think that is why you are leaving.

I think part of the issue comes from those (like myself) who dont believe or personally care much one way or another about this juice... you have expressed your opinions and that it works for you that is great whatever makes someone feel better and happy is wonderful..

However now keep in mind this is the first gojo juice thread I read (the one that is now locked) so I am stating up front I havent seen them all and this is JMO

instead of trying to convince those that don't believe that it is true.. just leave it as it is be happy it is working for you, share with your friends and family and trust that those that are interested.. will come to you

Perhaps? that will help those that feel it is a pushed down your throat advertisment? and yet still allow those that feel the wanna share do so

You know Lisa, I thought thats exactly what I was doing. Sharing with my friends and family. You are entitled to your opinions as we are. I think opinions should be educated ones tho made from investigating what you are against and trying it. It will work for many and not work for some. You are welcome to your uneducated guess that it doesnt work and Im not saying that you are an uneducated person just not educated on the juice. So dont take offense to the words I used the tone im thinking in isnt spiteful.

The company set up this way of marketing the juice so that people would be connected to the juice so that there would be follow up, adjustment in amounts to best benefit each individual etc. When you buy off the shelf there isnt someone checking in with you on the 3rd day , the 7th day and weekly thereafter to see if you have any questions etc or help you understand why , if your a diabetic 3-10 days out your sugar may spike a bit for a few days before falling again and staying there, or why, if you are on blood pressure meds by the 5th day or so you feel very tired and your pressure is down to tell you to talk with the dr about reducing your dose. You see, none of us practice outside the scope of our ability. We encourage everyone to use the product with a Drs supervision and the fact that some people can reduce or eliminate meds that they are taking with the Drs support speaks volumes for not only the product but the people behind the product. Direct sales and Network marketing are NOT the same as pyramid schemes. They are legitimate methods of marketing a product or service. You can check any company out with the Better Business Bureau and the DSD Direct Sales equivalent. Most of the time what people are down on are the things they dont understand and are not willing to investigate. I dont earn money that my downline distributors are making , The company pays me for helping these people be successful No money comes from the people themselves. No different than getting a bonus or raise in a regular company for training the workers. Thats it, we all get the same discount on the juice...thats also it.

Now maybe more of you understand what is going on with us.... We are simply sharing with friends ( or so we assume) and this forum family, the benefits we have found with the juice.... not promoting even the company or sponsoring or anything , just the juice results. This may help you understand the rest of the story. You can disagree with the product, you can even say you dont like that we post results here because what if they resulted in a sale....oh gosh then we were "advertising" but, dont ever question my integrity because 90% of the readers here dont know ANY of us well enough beyond what we write here to make those kind of negative assumptions about each other. Anyone can hide behind a keyboard and pretend they are something they are not. I put my whole true self out here.... those of you who know me know that and those of you who dont will have to just take their word for it.

Lyn

That was a nasty, uncalled for, email! I hope you don't let one nasty person keep you from participating on the forum as you have done for years.

Lyn you and i had our little disagreements back in the day on countless times but i just love you to peices. I have not said anything about this topic bc i had a feeling that the goji juice was going to turn into this and didnt want to become a part of it but i am happy when i hear the stories about how they are getting back to good health and when your eye sight started to improve i was thrilled for you! My opinion is i know when i drink juice (regular juice, allot of V8 splash ext) instead of pop or cappicuna i feel better myself and i have no dought in my mind the Goji works ..i just dont have the money for it.

You are very talented and without a dought one of the most knowlegable people on this forum, if you left we would be loosing a huge part of this forum. I know i would be loosing a huge part atleast.

I remember you saying your going to Ashland agian next year, dont be a stranger! You cant miss me, hopefully this year we can talk a little bit longer and you can introduce me to the rest of your fine horses. I'll prob be at Nationals with kay and at congress as well, dont be a stranger!
default_wub.png
:

I guess what i'm trying to say ....dont leave, take a break if you need to but dont leave.

I just think this is getting made into more then it is. Let people celebrate getting their eye sight back, good health. If i went from being blind to seeing clear as a whistle you would never hear the end of it
default_smile.png

Also,

I guess we can no longer post pictures of our foals then if Lyn is getting busted for this. We all use this forum as in a sales type way one way or another. We post pics of our foals and brag about them and then when they are weaned post them on the saleboard of their sold to a forum member. I post pics of my Colt on here who will be breeding in the future and standing to the public when he is of age, i guess i'm selling a product as well.

Its been a while since we've had a 'good round' on the forum ..i really wish we could keep it that way. This forum would be boring if we all agreed on everything but when something small happens it just keeps getting picked at untill it comes to something like this. Let-it-go everyone, please?
default_smile.png

JMO ...please dont be angry with what i said, Lyn you have met me ..i'm not a terriable person but i have as much right to my opinion and freedom of speech as the next person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back