One last post from me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lyn_j

Reaction score
Im sure this will get taken down soon but. Im done posting. This is an uncalled for ugly e mail from someone here... Just so the rest of you know that I have already notified SSI and the school where I got Esther of the changes in my condition. I am not screwing the government out of any money nor preventing someone from using Esther.... She is past the age of learning to work for someone else and she is officially retired. Not that it is anyones business where she stays. How would you like to have this in your mail box. We get thrown off the forum but people like this can say what they want in private. Thank you Sue Saunders for this e mail

Are you aware you have set your self up to be investigated due to your statements about the goji juice? One week to have all the healing you claim is truly miraculous and so you should be sending that guide dog back so someone in real need of it can benefit. While you are getting rich there are people getting screwed and they are very angry. Get off SSI since you are now making claims of your recovery and stop depending on others to pay your way. Wonder why it is the people like you who claim to be Christians are so darn deceitful. Your claims have been recorded and will be used to verify you are not in need of SSI or a guide dog any longer.

Thank you forum for your love and support!

Im done so you wont have to worry about me posting anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just WAY out of line!!! :new_shocked: Lyn, you don't need to leave and I hope you don't. You know there are a lot more people on here that are caring people.

I'm sorry that you would receive such an email. :no:

Robin

I think this is truly a shame. I joined this forum for miniature horse info, but I really enjoy the Back Porch posts. Just my opinion, but I think the whole Goji thing has gotten blown way out of proportion. Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember seeing any posts that would truly constitute an ad. My husband has a horrible disease and believe me, if I found something that helped, I would let people know. (NO, he has not tried Goji and we have no plans to.) Heck, if I found something that actually kept my hair from frizzing in the humidity, I would let everyone know! People talk about their favorite products on these forums all the time. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
default_sad.png

Don't let people run you off, Lyn.

I just have to say that I do much more reading on here than posting, and I do love the fact that for the most part the people here are very caring and compassionate, but the reason I don't post much is due to the fact that there are a few people on here who seem to put there nose where it doesn't belong as the woman above, or have nothing nice to say. We all have our opinions and the right to voice them, but leave it at that, why does it have to become an all out brawl. And this isn't the first time.

If it wasn't for Lyns post I probably never would have heard about the Goji, and I was sceptical at first, so I eagerly awaited new posts on how it has helped other people, and than finally I went to my health food store and bought some(not from Lyn) and it has done wonders for my allergies(I had really bad allergies) and my anxiety and panic attacks. I now take Noni juice with it and my cravings for sweets are diminishing... If I hadn't heard it on here and I hadn't read the follow up posts I probably wouldn't have tried it. And I still buy from my health food store.....

Many of you on here have small businesses, and most of you probably do this to support your horses. I know that I have several small ventures going and its to help pay for mine.

Maybe you could have just asked Lyn to not have her business in her signature or you could have asked her not to announce her PM's on the board, but this could have been asked privately, and without an all out brawl...

Ok the Libra in me will stop trying to mediate everyone now....

I'm off to look at the Impalas and wilderbeast on the Africam, which I also wouldn't have know about if it wasn't for this board...

I'm with you red wagon,I too enjoy the back porch posts and I don't understand the fuss either. If I use a product and I think it would be of use to others I would tell the others on this forum about it. There are other posts today that talk about all sorts of other products and they are still there. I hope Lyn that you do not leave the forum because of the nasty email you received, it was wrong of that person to send it.

Yvonne

:no: Lyn,

I am so sorry that you are leaving, I pray that you don't.. The other rude and ignorant people should...I thought this was a good place to share things. :no: But in my opinion a LOT of people really need to grow up and get a life... And I so saddened by how low some people will go.. That email was nasty and something should be done to the person who sent it...I have lost faith in being able to post anything on here that isn't mini related. ANd even then, I might just pay mega money for the vets before I get put down on here.. SO sorry Lyn..

edited to add:: Where are the wise crackers now?? Is this what everyone wants? People to leave.. Sorry but this is upsetting..How can people do these things to other people, I guess I'll never know........

Well, Lyn, I'm sorry to see you leave something that you have been a part of for so long because of viscious ignorance...and that's all that is. Further, it is NONE of anyone's business that you were trying to help others. Go figure, there always has to be someone out there that can take something as genuine as helping others and turn it into something else. It's PATHETIC and I'm sorry. :no:

Jodi

Oh, Lyn, I know you have a tougher skin than this!

Screw em all and do what you like, that's what I say.

Come on Lyn! You're a much tougher woman than this! Though I don't post a whole lot, I have always admired you, your horses and your opinion. We will all be at a loss without you here. why let her run YOU off? C'mon...stick around! This is NOT right!
default_thumbdown.gif
:

Lyn

Please don't go.

You are a very caring and giving person and I would hate to think you won't post anymore because of what someone thinks.

I have asked you about the juice and you have never claimed it to be a cure all.

You have posted that the juice has helped you and thats great to hear and if someone has a problem with that well then they don't have to read your posts.

I Also Am personally hurt BY this Also ...LYN does care IF it were not for lyns posts I would have never known about it ....MY DAD FOR anyone that cares was on his Deathbed spent 7 days on a vent keeping him alive ...Had to have his complete large intestine removed in emergancy surgery....

HOw would some of you feel if you were loosing a loved one and there was nothing you could do besides have faith and pray to the good lord not to take someone you love sooooo much..My dad spent The whole month of october in ruby memorial hospital in morgantown west virginia and even the doctors had givin up hope...

Lyn , dont let negative people get you down . Remember not that it is anyone business but you have legal documentation from a Medical doctor about your eye exam ..I did not see you post that on here...And I have always enjoyed your posts no matter if they were about horses, robby or just everyday life things such as the new baby your family was just blessed with not long ago..It is just plain ignorance that people have to pick fights ...

More times then not I have seen someone flaming or being just plain rude and ignorant for an example if you ask a color question about your horse most are nice and then thier are ignorant ones that have to throw in thier two cents and most times thier two cents has nothing to do with the color question that was asked in the first place..

I came to this forum being a miniature horse owner and have found along the way that I needed this forum for the honest and loving people that are here ...I for one have leaned on and needed the support of the forum thru trying times ...People need to realize that people here is all the family some of us have ...Sure I have 5 children under the age of 12 But I can not expect them to be my emotional support when i am supposed to be thiers...So I have come here when I've needed shoulders to lean on or if I have needed advice about anything from horses to not knowing how to deal with the fact I just buried my mom and not even a year later was facing almost the same circumstance when I did not know how the out come was going to be for my dad...

Thank you so very much for the people here that do support ,guide and care for others ....Some people in this misguided world still have not been led astray and do respect ,care and have alot of compassion for others ....

Lyn I think that e-mail should have been sent straight to Mary Lou- have you sent it??

I have not, nor have I plans to , try Goji- that is my choice- if this person is so worried by it all, then good luck to her- she has NO case and the investigations she may or may not cause can only do good if it is what it claims to be- and I have read all the "blurb" I can find nothing there that would would give rise to any sort of investigation anyway- there are NO false claims, here, only statements of fact.

If Lyn makes a living out of this it is ENTIRELY her own business.

I am not at all sure why anyone has to make this sort of attack- jealousy, maybe??

Why should anyone begrudge someone a bit of good luck in their lives??

It is beyond me.

I am not a Christian- do I get on my computer and send evil e-mails every time someone claims to have been cured by Jesus??

Maybe I should have Jesus investigated by the FBI- after all there is no "proof" he exists or has ever existed!!!

How about that then??

Oh- this is beyond stupid.

Lyn, you are bigger than this- rise above it.

Ah Lyn, don't let her, or anyone else, run you off.

I'm not sure why there was such a fuss over Goji. All I saw on here is that it was/is working wonders for some people. Mom's going to try it as soon as we have the $$ to spare & I get to the health food store to pick some up. Yes, the health food store. I don't buy into the hype that only one variety works & the rest are useless. I know some varieties are diluted; the health food store sells some made from real berries, nothing added, and it's affordable, so we'll go with that. I know it's like anything else--look at all the joint supplements out there. They have amazing results for some people. For others they do nothing.

I don't understand someone getting upset because they're "getting ripped off" or whatever words that e-mail used. I figure if you buy it, try it & it doesn't work you're out what? A month or two worth of juice money. If the seller promised instant cure from one drink and that drink was priced at your life savings and first born child, well yes, then it might be a rip off. (Unless you're like me, meagre life savings and no first-born child! :lol: )

I never saw Lyn's posts as being advertising--she said the juice was working for her, she didn't say "buy my drink" (that I ever saw). As for "you have a PM" come on people, we see that a ridiculous number of times on this forum as well as the Mini forum itself--it's not just Lyn. Some of them are responded to with "and you have one back" or "and you have a reply".

If we're getting into forum rules, isn't there a rule that says people are not to post just to boost their post numbers, by posting a response that consists only of :lol: :bgrin
default_wub.png
: In my view, "you have a PM" and "you have a reply to your PM" falls under this rule too--it's nothing but a numbers boost. If you're griping about Lyn doing it, then gripe about everyone else that does it too. Frankly I don't care--I think those posts are dumb, but I just ignore them--I wouldn't have said anything about it now if not for the complaint about Lyn.

I'm glad Lyn posted the e-mail here too. I think that anyone that sends a rude e-mail or PM such as that one should be "outed". I would normally say that PM's should be kept as PM's, but that is when it's a confidential conversation. I've had PM's from people telling me their opinion on a specific horse (as one example) and I would never think of making those "conversations" public on here. A PM which is an outright attack, however, is a completely different matter. Attacks should be outed.

"This is the type of people that frequent here" [SIZE=8pt](from Lyn's subtopic)[/SIZE]

There are all types of people that frequent here. Personally, I like most of them.

This is awful. First of all, no one knows anyones true situation by what they write in a forum and it's none of their business even if you post about it. There ARE people on this forum that must sit in front of the computer all day and look for things they can cause problems about. These are people with absolutely no life.

And this person says this :

Wonder why it is the people like you who claim to be Christians are so darn deceitful.
How dare someone so nasty even post words regarding being Christian.

Do not leave because of this. This person obviously has no life!

lyn

i really hope after you calm down you will change your mind. I think you are a wonderful horsewoman and have enjoyed our visits when we got to meet at shows. I hope what I said didnt add to this. I am happy (as I have said over and over) for anyone that found relief with the juice. Just didnt agree with some of what was being said, posted and most of all implied.

Just because I disagree doesnt make me a bad person etc. If you post things on a public forum then you have to expect that some wont agree.

I in no way agree with anyone sending viscous emails etc.

Ok, I'll bite. This is a "forum". A place to come and share experiences and life. I have a business too but do not boost it here. I try to follow the rules. If I see a Goji thread from someone who's dad is feeling better, can see better, can sleep sounder, can walk with less pain..I'm thrilled for them. Sometimes I even post, "I'm so glad for you" "Period", no more no less. You don't see folks who have my stones saying how great they are and what a wonder...because it is between us and private.

I hope Lyn stays. I find her humor dry and enjoyable, I've met her and she is a nice lady. If she can see better I am thrilled for her. Would I buy the stuff? I just can't afford it but many can, so great. The bottom line is Goji seems to be the only thing that touches a hot button here because it really does "feel" advertised. Sorry but sometimes it does, at least to me. I think we need to remember we are all people with different outlooks and beliefs and ways of speaking and relating. We need to agree to disagree first and foremost like any family. Look at all the good this foum can do for those in dire circumstances. I hate when folks post the "I'm leaving" threads. Stay or go, it is personal. I hope we can all work thru this, we are all adults here. As for whomever sent that horrific email, shame on them, they must be perfect to be able to judge others.

This is a forum, and it's MaryLou's baby, we need to remember the rules and play nicely like a family can. Sometimes even the best family fights and bickers and gets hurt. Hopefully there is enough care within that family to let hurts heal and bygones be bygones. JMHO

I'm glad Lyn posted the e-mail here too. I think that anyone that sends a rude e-mail or PM such as that one should be "outed". I would normally say that PM's should be kept as PM's, but that is when it's a confidential conversation. I've had PM's from people telling me their opinion on a specific horse (as one example) and I would never think of making those "conversations" public on here. A PM which is an outright attack, however, is a completely different matter. Attacks should be outed.
I agree but go back and reread, Lyn did just that.

Lyn, Your experiences with goji juice was nice to share. It's a helpful product and if it heals you and others then how could anyone find fault with that. If you do get complaints about it's promotion then so be it if you believe the benefits outweigh it. Why on earth would you give them the satisfaction and leave? You know we have not seen eye to eye on a lot of things but I certainly think the forum would be a lesser place without you.

I have to agree with Sonya, there sure are a lot of people who try to make this forum their life and get way too wrapped up in it. They need to find other things to do-- like gee, I don't know how about SPEND SOME TIME WITH THEIR HORSES???

Oh, Lyn!! I'm truly sorry that you received such a hateful email. Why on earth would you let such a lowlife busy body affect what you do in life??? Blow it off and continue posting to the forum. Don't give them any satisfaction by leaving the forum. Maybe they should just tuck their tail between their legs and run off themselves!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back