One last post from me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, Lyn, I know you have a tougher skin than this!

Screw em all and do what you like, that's what I say.
[SIZE=14pt]Amen Jenn. For those of us who have been around a while, we know crabby people come and go and that sometimes a "thank you for your unsolicited opinion" is needed and they eventually leave for richer feeding grounds :new_argue: . [/SIZE]

Stay Lyn, *WE* love you!!!

Lyn, Please stay don't let anyone get to you. I think some of you are misreading this or may be taking it wrong. Here where I live you CAN NOT be on SSI and have a side line business. I don't know where this Sue lives but she may be getting at something like this. Lyn please stay. I've always enjoyed your posts. Be strong.
default_smile.png

Wow Lyn, I must of had my head in the sand because I have no idea what happened.?

I sure would not want you to leave because of some rude misjiff makers. Tell them to pack sand.

<<HUGS>> Lyn. STAY !!! PLEASE!!

Sorry Lyn I read these posts backwards. You said in the other one if someone pms you it is between you and them. Did you not realize that the post, supposedly between you and them, being posted on here would open a can of worms? I feel it should have been kept between YOU and THEM. Then we would not be having this discussion. Just my opinion. Sorry.

Lyn.....STAY HERE! Let the other person go. As to the SSI......my employeer and benefits company are pushing me to apply for it because I've been on a medical leave for 2 yrs. Now I've had surgery and might actually be able to go back to work. Great timing huh?! By the time I'm "approved" I won't need it. By the time we're eligible for it...it might not even be there.

It's not like we can really make a living on it. The amount I would get right now won't even cover my bills. :no:

Lyn you've had some good advice so I'll just say, don't leave I too will miss you. You have too much to contribute to this forum to leave us forever.

When someone does or says something like what was said to you I feel like :ugh: .

Janine I loved your news flash! :risa8:

I also really like the NEW smileys!

oh Jeeze. This is ridiculous. people are just so picky. Like why does evryone have to worry about others so much . First its using caps and posting TOO much which upset me .. And people hating when you post TOO MANY pictures moving them off the main board. Now this. i don't get it why cant we stop critiszing eachother and tlak aboytt he one thing we ALL agree on Miniature Horses and Donkey and those huggable little guys
default_wub.png
:

Jeeze People
default_wink.png
:

I
default_wub.png
: you guys but its crazy!

All kinds of opinions and many different perspectives come about on a forum...no one really right or wrong. One person can read something and get an entirely different meaning from it than someone else might and that is what we learn to deal with if we are going to be part of a forum. I have read this thread and the other and for me something really stands out. I see a whole lot of difference of someone promoting their handcrated items compared to a juice which is making claims about what it can or can't do for a persons health. Especially when the ad for the juice has a big disclaimer with it. . No one is doing anything to anothers health when promoting crafts or horses but when someone is promoting a product that says it can put the body in a state of being able to do everything from losing weight to controlling blood pressure, I believe some real thought should be put into it. Yes, right on Lyns website is says, "The most powerful anitaging food on the planet" and then when you listen to the recording on the other site it does make claims and then it makes a disclaimer! This scares me. To often, when very sick people are desperately looking for help to get better they become vulnerable. A lot of difference between selling something with no claims and selling something that has a disclaimer with it. As for the money part of it, look again at Lyns website for the juice and note how it is making claims that "the tiny red berry is creating fortunes........" Fortunes for who? Not much said about the health benefits only making money....and I know there is nothing wrong in making money but to sell a product that has disclaimers, does not seem right for the many people who are very vulnerable when they have serious health issues. Note how the site asks how much money you would like to generate each month and there are choices up to over $10,000.00 a month!. Sounds like so many other things that are advertised that get people hooked and then have them become very disappointed. Yes, I do understand that there are those saying it has done wonders for them but one also has to look at how many it hasn't helped and yet are out a lot of money from buying it. If a simple change of the blood chemistry is all it took to have all diseases go away I would be all for it. Now if a tiny red berry can not only make us very rich but also put our body into a state of being disease free, I want to see a whole lot more than just testimonials from friends. I am going to do my homework and search out what and where tests have been done to prove a tiny red berry can stop us from aging and also create us a fortune. I am happy for any person who has honestly regained their health from using the juice but I feel badly for all those who have spent a good bunch of money on it and has had no results. I want to hear from anyone who has made a fortune from selling this juice....I bet our crafty people haven't made a fortune and they are selling something that doesn't have a disclaimer to it. Lyn, I do understand that you may feel good about selling this product and have people say they are healthier but how do you feel about the people who have spent so much money on it and haven't had any benefit?

I sorta had to laugh at what was said in the sales speech given by Vega on the one website for goji. He was saying that his patients who had cancer and was being treated not only with radiation and chemo, but also taking Goji, would come to him and say they were losing weight. He said that was good and told them it was the benefit of the juice that caused this. HUH!! Don't patients who have cancer normally loose weight when they are being treated with radiation and chemo? I would sure like to ask him how he could credit the goji juice in such a situation!! There were claims made about the juice in that presentation but over all I thought the guy did not make much sense. I wonder how others felt about it. I would like to see Mary Lou consider what should or shouldn't be promoted on her website. If it is something that has not been scientifically proven, not prescribed by a qualified doctor and has a disclaimer with it, it just might not be the fix all for everyones health issues. For me, the suggestion that this goji juice can put the body in an alkaline state and then be disease free is not in the best interest of everyone who has serious illnesses to deal with. If it were that simple for everyone then we would all be disease free. Just my opinion and anyone is free to believe what ever they choose. I should add a disclaimer to this message just as the goji presenter did but instead I will just say I think this thread should be closed because the goji has had enough publicity.

Lyn, I hope you are able to see another side of this issue of promoting products and not be mad at those who do see a different side. We don't all think alike and that is for the best. It would be easy for me to sell a craft I have made but not easy for me to sell a product, to ill people, that makes the claims this one does and yet puts a disclaimer on it. I do not have the training to prescibe anything, let alone goji juice to an ill person. Good health to all, Mary

PS It is suggested that if a person just eats healthy they also will be desease free and have money left over to have some fun. I truly hope that all of you who believe goji is the way to a desease free body will be able to afford it for as long as you want to stay desease free and those who are going to make that fortune from that little red berry will share with others! This post is not meant in any way to be mean so please don't let your mind take it that way.

This is the place to go to that is implying you can make make over $10,000.00 a month with selling goji juice and is used for reference to what some of what I have said.

http://www.lynettejacobs.gojiteam.com/

This reminds me about the time I was like 20 and stupid, when my friend and I decided to sell MARY KAY cosmetics for extra money because we were selling "Glamour"

So we stocked her garage with the stuff and all our customers still claimed they were ugly.......... :new_shocked:

Never made a dime but lost our shirts in the initial investment real quick and the pink covertible went flying out the window real quick!

Well I guess that means I have to stop my monthly contest here also since I have received sales from running the contest. Gee I wonder if the NASTY person ever entered my contest or ever had any intention of entering. The NASTY person may not have realized the can of worms she opened up with the NASTY email. I guess the old saying "you better think before you speak" could have done more good in this situation.

Lyn I hope that you will take this NASTY person with a grain of salt because what I have learned in the past is that when someone attacks you like that they are compensating for a guilt that they feel. This is an attempt to turn that feeling of guilt on to someone else. I enjoy reading your posts as I enjoy reading most of the posts on these forums and I would hate to lose your quips of logic because of one person.

default_rolleyes.gif
:

Oops I guess I am advertising again with my signature block sorry guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
MAry, you may find medical proof of the goji berrys use at www.pubmed.gov. Then type in Lycium Barbarum. You will find 75 studies there. Also Dr Vega is a professor of oncology in Florida. IF you chose to discredit his studies I hope you do so with a medical backround. Not all cancer patients are thin. Nor does all chemo and radiation cause you to be thin.

There is no difference between the way Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware. Home interiors etc are sold All are direct sales companies like free life.

Thank you for posting the marketing web site.... every company has such a thing and yes, some people who are very active in this as a full time business are making that much money. Anyone who puts extrordinary effort into any business has that capeability.

AS far as disclaimers.....they are required by law for any company including drug companies that run ads on tv...you hear about all the side effects etc. WE always have said that the JUICE isnt a cure it helps the body normalize. That is a true statement. There are the over 75 studies at pubmed which is the on line library of medical science where everyone can go. I have documentation also from my doctor so it isnt just hype as you are saying. IF a company is successful, and its employess make alot of money does that make it bad? IF the Bayer people who make asparin as a company are making money from selling you the asparin to help your headache are they also bad?

Come on people... dont bash what you dont know. Research the whole company not just an advertising web site we bought into.... Reasearch Freelife international , Dr Earl Mindell who is the author of both the Vitamin Bible and our juice. This post isnt to sell you the juice just to ask you to really understand the company, the product and the people involved with it before you rip it appart.

As far as disclaimers....even if the juice helped 99 out of 100 people the disclaimer would still have to be there for the 1 person that had no change. Its the law.....doesnt mean the product doesnt work.

Mary as to this statement" Lyn, I do understand that you may feel good about selling this product and have people say they are healthier but how do you feel about the people who have spent so much money on it and haven't had any benefit? "

Our products have a 90 day empty bottle money back guarantee that uf you arent satisfied after drinking it for 90 days you can return the empty bottles for a full refund. So I feel very good about that that the company realizes there will be a very few that wont get the results they want so they can get all their money back. In the three months I have been doing this I have had a 95% reorder... not 100% and the people that want to send the product back may do so.

As far as making 10,000 a month. you may call me for my sponsor Dave Petermans phone number and talk to him. He is doing even more than that but he comes from a business backround, knows how to work and work hard and it has paid off for him. No hype just fact.

I would put his # here but I havent asked is permission to do that. I do talk with him daily and he is happy to answer anyones questions. As far as making money? I have made 4200.00 since October 10th, All reported to SSI....... I have 85 customers on the product....there you all now also have my Dun and Bradstreet report. My personal and business life lay naked before you all..... BTW I also GAVE AWAY almost 3000 dollars worth of juice to people that I believed would benefit from it and couldnt afford it. Still sound like Im out to rip people off?

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to 'help" Mary out..... here are the web sites I sent her to when she said she was interested in the product to learn more. They you can all see where we are both coming from. Anyone can visit a site looking for flaws and trying to discover problems , you may also hear something that makes sense to you. Again, I am not posting these to market my product but to allow fairness and have you make you own conclusions about what is there.

My WebpageDr Vegas Acid is for batteries

My WebpageGoji health stories.

My Webpage goji answers

My Webpage this is the companys web site

Dont take my word or anyone elses synopsis make your own decisions.

Yes the Gojiteam site is showing the most to attract people....thats the nature of advertising. as far as making a big deal about disclaimers.... that is the name of the game for any company in the sue happy time we are living in. Have you notices in Drs offices on the paperwork you fill out and , before any procedure in the hospitals now you are signing that you read and understand the disclaimer that the procedure may not work?

Lets be fair about it all.

Lyn

Ok flame suit on here but..

This is exactly why people are complaining..I mean come on the second someone says they don't believe it .. it is followed by no you are uneducated in this, here are all the web sites.. First off I believe mary had the web sites she stated that so why post them again ??? How many times do they need to be posted?

Trust me there is enough info on here already for someone to research if that is what they choose to do

There is now 6 pages of Gogi juice testamonials here.

Lets be honest I am not saying it does or doesnt work but really all those miracle diet adds on tv.. they have clinical studies, they have plenty of people saying it worked wonders but ... do they work? guess it depends on who you ask.

I think at this point... there is no need to condem or correct those who don't believe. By now most people know Lyn and whoever else sell it and if they want it they know where to go JMO and yes I would feel the same way if someone selling say quilts came on here and not just once but over and over mentioned not only is it the best quilt but if someone said they were not interested... that quilt maker came on and said I told you it is wonderful quilt there is all the people who bought it and love it what is wrong why dont you think it is the best and most wonderful quilt

Here are web sites to see it is the best.(in effect trying to convert those that don't agree) .that is when it becomes pushing/selling not just saying hey this is a new thing I have done

again JMO but all I know is now we have 6 pages of selling something on the fourm when it started as I am not going to sell this anymore here on this forum.

I am not saying whoever wrote that email was right.. I have had some "hate mail" myself but really if it doesnt apply dont defend yourself, if it doesnt apply to you let it go move on ,why give this person all that attention and power?

Last edited:
I have not commented on this subject,,,,,mostly because I was not sure HOW to say it,

but Lisa just said exactly how I was feeling.

By posting the web sites, tells me nothing. Anyone can write what they want on the web and say they are whoever they are,,,,,,does NOT make it so. The first lesson in reading things on the internet.

Many people SAY something a certain way, in NO way does it mean I am going to read it that way.

I think I have read most of the posts on this subject,,,,,,and the way I read it,,,,,it did sound like to me as a selling point as well. Again,,,,,,it was the way I read it. I read some of it a second time,,,,and the 2nd time, it still sounded like a sells pitch to me. I am just saying we all read things the way we read them. You can whole heartively write a subject with XX in mind,,,,,,,but everyone else may read it as YY,,,,,or ZZ. The downside of typing and tone does not come across.

I too have gotten a number of hate mails in my time,,,,,,,,came on to say I was not going to post anymore. And when folks starting saying,,,,,,,,oh don't, oh don't,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I felt worst. That's not my style.

So now if I get something nasty,,,,,,,,,I just quietly take a break. Not into anyone begging me to stay.

Most of us here will continue to give our opinions,,,,,in a nice way,,,,,,,,but you can not MAKE us form the same opinion as you.

Yes Mona is correct that a fine line is being treaded here. Goji is a good product for many people, although frankly I have found a better and more pure product than the one advertised could ever be. I also don't think the back porch or anywhere else on LB should be made a platform to sell it any more than people can't advertise their things blatantly for sale such as crafts and products that wouldn't otherwise fit into what is currently available and it should be held to the same standard.

When I see a nice product that someone has made, I first enjoy the time and effort they have put into it whether I'd like to have one or not. But I sure don't want to have to wade through a bunch of threads which amount to little more than ads but think it would be nice to have an area where people could display their things. I don't know if ML would be open to it but a "general store" forum might be an option to solve the problem of people who would like to have a legitimate place to sell their wares.

Last edited:
Personally I think this topic has run it's course. Lisa is right on. We all know about the Goji now if we have read on. That's ok but this is beyond. I don't post what I do and beat my tamborine about the results. If someone is curious they PM or email me and it is private. If they choose to thank me publicly I will thank them and no more. My tamborine is out of tune anyways. Lets' move along to more important things...life is too short and precious to quibble over a berry. People too rare and wonderful to be hurt over such things. A Country Market Page would be fun imho but again...MaryLou has SO much work already but I'll raise my hand :saludando: to help her with it if she's game.

Lyn ~ If it weren't for your posts I'd never known about Goji and I would still be suffering from severe chronic pain .....please don't leave. If you go , then the Forum loses a very valuable member.

Everyone of us is an asset to this Forum , even the Nasties.

Lyn, Let it go. If you think I am so stupid as to not know what I am talking about then so be it. I still cannot see how a Doctor could evaluate whether a person was losing weight or not from the berry when that person was receiving chemo and radiation and was very sick. Say what you may but my own good common sense tells me something is wrong there and if that is the type of esearch that has been done on the berry then I will not waste my time on reading anymore about it. You have plugged this product and defended it which you have the right to do but I also have the right to draw my own conclusions from my own experiences and information gathered. glad to see you are still here even though you said long ago you wouldn't post any more. Easy to change ones mind, isn't it? What you see as fair may not be seen the same by others so please do consider the other side as I asked you before, to do.....just to be as you say, "fair" Mary

Just to 'help" Mary out..... here are the web sites I sent her to when she said she was interested in the product to learn more. They you can all see where we are both coming from. Anyone can visit a site looking for flaws and trying to discover problems , you may also hear something that makes sense to you. Again, I am not posting these to market my product but to allow fairness and have you make you own conclusions about what is there.

My WebpageDr Vegas Acid is for batteries

My WebpageGoji health stories.

My Webpage goji answers

My Webpage this is the companys web site

Dont take my word or anyone elses synopsis make your own decisions.

Yes the Gojiteam site is showing the most to attract people....thats the nature of advertising. as far as making a big deal about disclaimers.... that is the name of the game for any company in the sue happy time we are living in. Have you notices in Drs offices on the paperwork you fill out and , before any procedure in the hospitals now you are signing that you read and understand the disclaimer that the procedure may not work?

Lets be fair about it all.

Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back