One last post from me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=12pt]Like I mentioned in my feeble attempt at a humorous journalistic peice earlier in this thread, (See now ya'll know why I'm not a journalist! :bgrin ), and like Triggy and Dimi, I think it would be great to have an area just like the Horse sales board to advertise / promote our products, talents and crafts. Like I said, I would love to be able to go to that page and look for a photographer, web editor or commission a painting. I would rather support and encourage my forum friends first, if I can find what I'm looking for. [/SIZE]

What an excellent way to build friendships! I know that my side business (that my wonderful friend Marty encouraged), has been blessed by many on this forum. I've made great friends by doing work for them. I think it's a great idea. Then maybe just maybe things like this won't happen. JMHO.
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been here nearly 10 years, now, and seen a lot of "phases" of this board, from the wild and wooly initial days, which were pretty fast and loose, with no security, and people using other people's nicknames to stir up trouble, etc., to groups and people with personal vendettas against the site itself and most of its community, using the board to stir up negative publicity to further their own cause.

Yes, we show off our foals, our "things" on the back porch, to make others aware of what we have, and often these are for sale. We can ignore them, and if its felt to be crossing a line, then the mods can determine for themselves what course of action to take.

Personally, as a friend and I were discussing last night on the phone, I don't see how anyone has the time to track down what someone else is doing, has, or might do, and "call 'em on it." I may see things that cross the line and sort of keep them to myself, or discuss privately, but if someone contacted me privately, (it has happned ONCE in 10 years) in such a manner, I would hand it over to ML and the Mods, and let it go at that, or discuss it another way. I didn't leave. Yes, there are SOME nasty people with nothing better to do, but to say they are the type of people that frequent here makes a statement I'm not comfortable with.

Most of the people here are basically good, and decent, and don't need to stir up trouble.

If they have questions, they address them to you.

If you need to leave to get past this, then go, but don't let one person out of (don't know the stats, but it has to be thousands) who come here chase you off for something they have misconstrued.

The only time I really felt like leaving was due to my own series of mistakes, and I came back within a week or two, because I missed the people here, and because I realized my mistake was forgiven and made right by the other very good, generous and understanding people here.

Live and let live, and if someone does come out of the "brush" to attack you, hand it off to someone that can handle it, and move on however you feel.

Good luck,

Liz M.

Ok, I dont care if you believe in the juice or not...thats not the point. I DO care that my honesty and integrity was called into question and the integrity of a company I believe strongly in for their values. THAT for me is the issue. I probably tried too hard to point out things that are true about it. I dont expect any one on here to shop freelife. If you do great if you dot also great. What I ask is that you not condem things without trying them or talking to real people with real issues because it is prejudging without merit. Thats all Im saying. Shirley Im happy you found something that works for you... Sandy Im sorry ours didnt work for you.... knowing how pure and how good something is compared to something else requires evaluating BOTH at the same time so not haveing evaluated any other besides GNC I cant speak to that. You can use the juice or not use the juice as is everyones perogative but dont question my integrity in trying to help others. Thats also why I put the web sites here so you can learn about it, not to buy it. LEave it at that. I shouldnt care what people think about if Im honest or respectable but if a person doesnt have a good name then they have nothing and thats what , at the bottom of it all, I was trying to defend.

Lyn

Hello Lyn,

I am sorry you were attacked.I feel that if you scrape off all the words and stuff you have said scrape it down to the nitty gritty.You were just plain HURT and SHOCKED!

Hurt down to the very core of your being. And I am sorry for that.

I also feel bad for the person that obviously is in so much pain that it has turned to anger.

I read a quote somewhere that depression is anger turned inward. And I think this person must be very very unhappy and depressed.

I hope and pray she can find someone that will help her.
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Maybe if she asks someone on this Forum FAMILY has been thru or going thru or found a way to help themselves and can also help her.

I also want to thank you for the free case of juice you sent to my little Cash when he was diagnosed with cancer, without even mentioning you were going to do it.
default_wub.png
:

We can't give in and be driven off Lyn when someone hurts us, probably there would only be the 2 moderators left!

Except wait both Mary Lou and Mona have been attacked.

Go cry,talk to the angels, wipe your nose, stiffen your back get mad and say "I'M BAAACCCKK"!!!!!!!

We have all gotten knocked on our a&$ on here if you have been on here any time at all.
default_poke.gif
:

And it hurts, but there are a lot more strokes than pokes given on here!

Remember the strokes, and don't even try to convince people Lyn, those that believe will and those that don't won't, even if it was proven absolutely and isn't that their right?

You will be put in the path of what your supposed to do. But if your not supposed to get in a certain door than dynamite won't open that door.

Stop beating your head and pay attention to what you have accomplished.

Hugs

Bonnie

This seems to have just boiled down into yet another big thread about where you can buy the goji juice. Go figure.

No, Jill, I'm sorry it is not that simple.

I do not use Goji, nor shall I as I cannot afford it.

I do not care that Lyn sells it, it does not affect me.

She was maliciously attacked in a PM and she was hurt- now...THAT I care about.

All the rest is circumstantial.

I might have cared if it didn't all boil down into yet another pitch to buy that juice.

Sorry, but I hate this overly dramatic stuff like "here I go, watch me now... I'm leaving. Did you hear, I'm leaving... This is my last post.... Oh let me tell you a little more about this goji juice."

This is not a 7-page thread about an email Lyn received.

Puh-leeze.

I might have cared if it didn't all boil down into yet another pitch to buy that juice.

Sorry, but I hate this overly dramatic stuff like "here I go, watch me now... I'm leaving. Did you hear, I'm leaving... This is my last post.... Oh let me tell you a little more about this goji juice."

Puh-leeze.
LOL !!!!!!! :aktion033: :lol:
default_yes.gif
:

Seems from what I've read in this particular thread, that all this talk about Goji juice has been going on since November. The first and only thread I read on it was a few days ago when bcody wrote about how she felt. Not even sure why I opened that one, but I did and found it quite interesting. But then Mona comes on and wants it ended, no more talk about this juice, etc. etc. I always thought the whole point of this Back Porch was so that we could talk about pretty much anything we wanted. If a topic says Goji Juice in the title and I'm not interested, I won't open it. Just like the zillions of threads about people's puppies, or their family problems, or whatever. If I'm not interested, I don't open them. I don't see any reason for Lynn getting bashed on this juice. If it's about selling and advertising on the forum(s), then maybe we all need to remove our farm names, links to our websites, lists of our horses' accomplishments, what stallions we have standing at stud, what website we design, what rocks we have, quilts we like, WHATEVER. This whole site is all about advertising in one form or another. I remember a few years ago when we started having signatures that many people were listing their horses for sale in them and I complained, thinking that I was trying to follow the rules. But geez, there's hardly a person on here who doesn't have SOMETHING advertised in their signature!

And as for the PM's, the whole reason they're called PRIVATE Messages, is that they are intended for the recipient's eyes only. Taking them and running to the moderators is just the same as a little kid running and telling Mommy that so-and-so is being mean to me. Wah!

My opinion is that everyone should just go back to their own corners and "live and let live".

(I won't say anything about the PM that Lynn received because it was just WRONG and disgusting.)

Bonnie is right... it boils down to being hurt and angry. Ive been publicly bashed here by another thread where Everyone was told the only reason I post pictures of my horses or dogs is to sell them here as well. That was not the case because both times they were already sold! The puppies I recently posted are also already sold....I was also publicly on the youth forum criticized as was Kay, not by youth, for helping them learn "who made me the expert" things like that. When you come to a venue like this with a true intent to help and make things better for people, horses anything and you are bashed makes you not want to come. That was an E mail I received in my mail box at home. not a forum PM... I sucked it up after that youth forum thread that was thankfully pulled and then it continues. Why is it necessary to bash anyone here.... Thats the biggest question. When you get ridiculed and critisized for doing good , makes it no point to try anmore does it? Should I rather have just written VENTING NOW at the top of this thread??? Perhaps.

Thanks to all who sent pms and called. I appreciated all the support.

Lyn

Thank you, Jill, Lauralee, Nootka(Liz M.)! "Methinks (he) doth protest too much...." ? )

Margo

But then Mona comes on and wants it ended, no more talk about this juice, etc. etc. I always thought the whole point of this Back Porch was so that we could talk about pretty much anything we wanted.

Sorry, but that is not what happened. Maybe some interpret it that way because they don't know the whole story. And I find some of this thread blatantly disrespectful towards Mona and Mary Lou. We just had a thread about respect and children. Well, I say no wonder kids are so screwed up......Look at the adults here that can't seem to figure out a simple rule. NO ADVERTISING/SOLICITATION

I have nothing against Lyn (and she knows it) and her Gogi juice. I have nothing against puppies or paintings or wood burnings or polished rocks or whatever............BUT........when selling or the words FOR SALE or AVAILABLE are mentioned it is breaking FORUM RULES.

IMO if the words FOR SALE are typed, you are breaking the RULES and the post should be deleted.

Once again....for those of you who can't quite grasp the concept.
default_wacko.png
: AND THIS IS WHAT MONA'S POST WAS ABOUT. Nothing more......nothing less.

ADVERTISING/SOLICITATION - Posting for the sake of advertising is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation posts, and wanted posts. Posts directing LB traffic to other online auctions, sale boards. forums, and/or interactive Miniature horse sites without permission/agreement will also be removed. Second offence of this violation may result in being banned from further use of the LB Miniature Horse Forums/Sale Boards/LB-LC Auction and other public places on the LilBeginnings.com web site.
Also, take a good look at this.

DO NOT FLAME THE STAFF - They have the final say. This forum isn't a democracy. Your vote doesn't always count. They try to please everyone they can, but in the end, they're charged with making this community as enjoyable for as many people as they possibly can. They can not always be right, nor can they please everyone with the decisions made, but they're doing their "jobs" and hopefully we can all agree that they're doing their best to ensure a good community here. If you feel that an egregious oversight has been made, then pm the moderator group. Do not post complaints on the forum.
I have seen so many threads about respect. Where is the respect here for the rules that are posted in plain sight for our Forum members?

Puh-leeze.
Bingo, Jill. And thank you.

Lyn - you're staying. You have gotten upset before and threatened to leave - this will pass as well - let it roll off.

Now - having said that - I realize that my opinion will not be popular - but look back through this thread... it started off as what is known on message boards as a Drama Queen exit... when people post that they are leaving and how upset they are so that others can post and tell them how wonderful they are and beg them to stay. *sigh*

Sorry Lyn I read these posts backwards. You said in the other one if someone pms you it is between you and them. Did you not realize that the post, supposedly between you and them, being posted on here would open a can of worms? I feel it should have been kept between YOU and THEM. Then we would not be having this discussion. Just my opinion. Sorry.
Lyn - if you had an issue with a forum member IMO you both work it out like adults - or agree to disagree. Failing that - you should take it to the Mods/Admin (as most boards say in the rules) - posting an email sent to you and then NAMING the one who sent it is TOTALLY inappropriate. I am sorry - but it is. I confess I am shocked that some approved of this...

I am sorry you felt "attacked" - but you just turned around and did the same thing. IN PUBLIC. ON THE BOARD. You turned a matter that could have been settled quietly and privately into a Big Deal.

You knew this thread would stir things up - how could you not? - and yet you did it anyway. And no - the push for the elixir that cures all and the scoffing at others who do not "believe" did not help.

In the past few days I started a thread innocently asking for a ride for a mare - and it got nuked. I asked WHY? HUH? The answer was because it was soliciting for transport. No such offer was made... it was merely a feeler I sent out. For all I know, we could have exchanged favours a la barter system and no cash would have been involved. I never mentioned the words "payment" or "money" or "for sale" or "sale". But okay - I understood. Fair enough. Rules are rules.

But then when I look around the board and see videos being pushed... or goji being pushed with promises of lots of $$$$$$ and fortunes to be made and how it cures everything... I wonder what the heck is going on... as advertising/soliciting seems to be going on in threads all the time. Perhaps these "solicitation" rules - which seem to need some tweaking - could be re-examined...

Just so you all know I do not disrespect the moderators . They have a tough job. I also know that Barbs topic was locked at her request not the moderators. Mary Lou and I have talked several times about things. I have nothing left to say.... isnt that shocking? :new_shocked:

The Drama Queen.

Perhaps these "solicitation" rules - which are obviously not working or enforced evenly anyway, need to be re-examined....
Tag....... there is a major fine line here. But I do agree with you. And to be honest the Mods do not want to act like the Gestapo so we let A LOT of things slide. Mona might interpret something different than me. Liz might interpret something different than me or ML. IT'S A TOUGH THANKLESS JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most of these people who do break the rules know EXACTLY what they are doing. We are not stupid. Neither are they. Then there are others who just want people to see their "stuff" I love seeing their "stuff" And the Puppies, and the puppies and the puppies! I love puppies. :bgrin

But unless there is a change in the Rules, I am not going to "overlook" any more Sales pitches. They will be gone. If we have a written rule we should darn sure follow it.

And that is my final thought............(until my next thought...which is)

These "I'm leaving" threads are, well, STUPID! (Yes, I am entitled to an opinion too) We all know you are not going to leave. So spare us the DRAMA! And if you are really going to leave.......JUST GO! I personally find the whole "I'M LEAVING thing just a ploy to get attention....... :new_2gunsfiring_v1: :517:
default_crybaby.gif
: :517:
default_crybaby.gif
:

THE GESTAPO QUEEN :new_rofl:

But unless there is a change in the Rules, I am not going to "overlook" any more Sales pitches. They will be gone. If we have a written rule we should darn sure follow it.
And that is my final thought............(until my next thought...which is)

These "I'm leaving" threads are, well, STUPID! (Yes, I am entitled to an opinion too) We all know you are not going to leave. So spare us the DRAMA! And if you are really going to leave.......JUST GO! I personally find the whole "I'M LEAVING thing just a ploy to get attention.......
Thank you, Carol. I agree with all of the above. And I must confess that I cringed to see people responding with sympathy and pleas to stay (no one was going anywhere) and nastiness directed at an emailer who has not had a chance to speak up - but has gotten bashed here. It was a private matter. We do not know the context of anything that was said. It should have stayed a private matter.... airing personal emails or PMs on the board to seek sympathy/revenge is out of line IMO.

As far as the goji campaign - when I see the claims for $10,000 a month and "fortunes" to be made... whatever the medicinal claims/benefits, it is set up as a pyramid scheme. Plain and simple.... with only those at the top making those "fortunes"...and everyone else making that possible...

Just so you all know I do not disrespect the moderators . They have a tough job. I also know that Barbs topic was locked at her request not the moderators. Mary Lou and I have talked several times about things. I have nothing left to say.... isnt that shocking? :new_shocked:

The Drama Queen.
When you do not follow the rules and constantly push the envelope about selling your wares, I feel that does show disrespect to the moderators and the forum rules.

The Drama Queen.
When you do not follow the rules and constantly push the envelope about selling your wares, I feel that does show disrespect to the moderators and the forum rules.
This thread is pathetic and I'm ashamed to be a member at this point. Jill don't you have something better to do ... or is it your life's ambition to launch attacks on Lyn.

This thread is pathetic and I'm ashamed to be a member at this point. Jill don't you have something better to do ... or is it your life's ambition to launch attacks on Lyn.
Oh my gosh, I think you figured it out! I only pretend to own a business and managage about $100M in client assets. I only pretend to own a herd of (nice) horses. Just say that I'm a wife, daughter, sister and friend. You're right. It's all been about "attacking" Lyn who was only trying to sell some magic juice.

cheers2.gif

Well this post does make you relize people are not what you think. And I tell you those that I thought were mature really are not.

But at least its giving me a good chuckle to read this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back