OMG! I had an explosion in my oven !!! YIKES

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
This was scary....but now I guess its funny......???

OK I was making a roast in the oven in a glass pan on 350 degrees my usual. Then I decided the guys might be home early so I jacked up the oven to 450. No harm right? So you know how you are supposed to put some water in the bottom of the pan? Well I forgot. Till about two hours later.
default_wacko.png

So what do I do? Without thinking, I took a glass measuring cup, filled it with cold water and proceeded to dump it in. Can you say POW! BANG! BOOM! It was so loud the dogs were barking and I was like you must be kidding me.

OH my gosh that whole thing just explodes and glass comes flying out of the oven in all directions!!!!!! I had glass everywhere! It went flying in the air on the countertop, on the floor, and all over me and in my hair of all things. And a bunch of it was inside the oven too.

Isually when I cook the smoke alarm goes off. So much that we finally had to disable it. Now this. What's next?

I cannot believe I did this. That's what happens when I don't pay attention and have too much on my plate....(that's supposed to be a joke). Let's just say Hus is not amused and we ended up eating Chinese Egg Rolls and ice cream for dinner tonite.

I hope this isn't some idea of what is going to happen on Turkey Day! I think they are starting to worry. They say the mind is the first thing to go!!!! Oh Oh....
default_bye-sad.gif

default_new_shocked.gif
Yikes!!!

I think that is what the talk shows and magazines are referring to as 'brain fog' I understand it is brought on by stress, excitement and... (drum roll please).... hormonal changes (er...menopause?) around here my family just tells me I had a 'senior moment'
default_laugh.png
Glad you are ok and what the heck, nothing wrong with eggrolls and icecream.
default_yes.gif

You are so lucky not to have been burnt or the glass alone was enough to scare me... so glad you are all right.
default_luck.gif
Turkey day...

Marty you mention upcoming Turkey day...well I cooked my first turkey while in Peace Corp, never cooked one before and a bunch of other volunteers were coming over...had a veterinarian also serving as a volunteer help. Well first off the turkey was delivered alive!! Hired some local kids to take care of that and the feathers...well now what?!? So we made some stuffing, lots of folks coming so lots of stuffing...didn't all fit in the bird so we kind of forced it in there and then my veterinarian friend sutured the bird back together.....do you see it coming?!?!?
default_biggrin.png

BAMMMMM!!! Exploding bird!!
default_new_shocked.gif

What a mess! But we were hungry and peace corp taught us if it looks funny just close you eyes!! Didn't taste bad at all once we scrapped it off the oven!!
default_yes.gif

(and the pies, well didn't have pumpkin so made squash pies!! They turned out a very vivid green...but tasty!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
)

O my gosh that must have been scary!!! Glad you weren't hurt.

I've had plenty of cooking disasters and they had nothing to do with senior moments or hormones! The only folks who dont' have them, I suppose, are folks who don't cook!

My worst turkey thing was cooking a turkey in a pan that wasn't large enough. Can you see me with guests due in half an hour with the bottom of the oven overflowing turkey juice onto the floor?

Latest posts

Back