OKLAHOMA & surrounding Forum members are you OK?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]PLEASE check in and let us know you and your minis are ok!!!!! I heard that 1 in 3 homes in OK are without power due to the ice. Here in KS we are starting to get the freezing rain as well, and it is getting pretty bad out. I know a few had posted that it was pretty bad over the weekend, so if you can check in to let us know you are ok...... BRRRRRRRRRR :Cold-Scared :Cold-Scared :Cold-Scared :Cold-Scared I am not sure what we would do if our power goes out, we do have a wood burning stove but haven't used it, but I worry more about the animals!!![/SIZE]

Just watched the news. Pictures from Tulsa didn't look good.

Oklahomians please check in and let us know!

Anita

I'm very concerend about Mary Bennett and Dawn (the farrier) in the Shawnee area.

I spoke to Mary late last night and she was leaving to travel 6 hours today to work in Guinan. She was less than enthusiastic but said her company was making them go.

With all that ice on the ground I hope they canceled. Been trying to call all day but the phones must be out.

Just missed us in south central Oklahoma, Dawn just lives a few miles up from me so I am sure she is fine. Mary is about 50 miles north of me, so she may have got some of it. Dawn is suppose to be coming over as soon as the weather lets up a bit, and if she is having any problems she knows to give me a hollar, I am sure she knows how Mary's doing.

You that are in its path, I suggest getting batteries and water, gas, cash, etc NOW. My daughter lives in OKC, used up most her gas thawing out her car, went to the bank for cash and their electric was out, took several stations before she found one that had electric and she said the stores with electric where mad houses, people buying batteries, water, ice, bread thank heavens she has electric. I know it happened here a few years ago, and our little town was sold out of everything!

Thank you for your concern.........take care everyone!

[SIZE=12pt]I saw a news clip of Norman, Ok.......looks pretty miserable.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I know of a few forum Members in that area by OK city[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Davie[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Becky[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Charlotte[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Are you all O.K.??? Check in!!!! I have a feeling some may be without electric as reported on the news.....
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

Our power is back on. It was out for 14 hours! :Cold-Scared The horses are fine. Not happy, but fine. Every single one of them has been locked in the barn since Friday night and they aren't impressed! There's just nothing but an inch of ice covering everything and I just don't want them slipping and breaking something. But they sure don't appreciate my concern!
default_wink.png

Did you say that the storm has hit Kansas? or is going to? I am worried about the horses at Trembly's
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
default_no.gif

Some have posted on another thread on page 2. Last I saw the storm will probally hit south central and east KS. I missed the evening news, I was on my computer
default_laugh.png

Anyone that suspects the storm will hit their area should fill as many water pails as possible. We had a severe icestorm in 1998 and were without power for 21 days!! Thank goodness we have a creek down back that we broke the ice daily and carried pails back to the barn. Sooo, get as prepared as you can as you never know how long it will be before the power is back on
default_no.gif
Best of luck and keep us all posted, we will be thinking of you
default_sad.png

Anyone that suspects the storm will hit their area should fill as many water pails as possible. We had a severe icestorm in 1998 and were without power for 21 days!! Thank goodness we have a creek down back that we broke the ice daily and carried pails back to the barn. Sooo, get as prepared as you can as you never know how long it will be before the power is back on
default_no.gif
Best of luck and keep us all posted, we will be thinking of you
default_sad.png
Yep, I went through that TERRIBLE TRIPLE icestorm too. NEVER NEVER want to go through that again. People died of hypothermia up here, major loss of cattle and other animals, it was HORRID!!!

Here is the KS forecast........sounds like we are in for it too!
default_no.gif

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/12337666.html

Please keep the Trembly minis in your thoughts and prayers. I hope they will all be okay
default_sad.png
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone heard from Weeokie - Rita Jenkins?

Sheila

I haven't heard from Rita (WeeOkie), I know they are getting ALOT of rain today. Reo posted on the first thread and was ok then, she was on the west side of the storm, I am on the east side, people in the SW corner to the NE corner are getting hit the hardest. I have been extremely blessed, our temps have stayed above freezing........I have been thru the ice storm b4, 5 days no electric or water. Had to melt ice cycles on a wood stove for water, to haul to the horses, cattle and toilet. So I can feel their misery....you get a hands on experience of what it was like to live in the good ole days
default_no.gif

Has it hit KS?

Checking in from frozen s.e. kansas We are smack in the middle of it. They do not do much with the roads out in this area. My pastures and yard are nothing but ice. Horses are in the barn. Our phone and lights sometimes work sometimes not. This WILL get interesting as the morning goes on. According to radar we are going to get hit again within the hour....
default_thumbdown.gif
I am also thinking about the remaining minis at Mr.T
default_no.gif

We had some ice Saturday night, Sunday and Sunday night. But we've been lucky up here in North Central Oklahoma for the past 18 hours or so as the temperatures have stayed just above freezing. We're cold and wet (expected to rain all day), but the electricity is on.

Reflections, Redrock & T/C are without power. None since Sunday night and no relief in sight! Trees down everywhere! Lots of damage due to falling trees and limbs in our area. So far, all we have lost is our power, water, trees. We wont know about damage to our homes for a few days.

I came to the office to get warm! We are all looking for alternative places to sleep tonight! Motels/Hotels that HAVE power, are full! A lot of resturaunts are closed due to no electricity!

So far, we are able to supply water to our horses by catching rain water in buckets. We had filled our water tanks, but no electric, no tank heaters! We are above freezing right now and that's a big help! We are being told it could take 7-10 days to get our power back! We sure hope that's not the case!

I think once this is over, we can brag that we can live threw ANYTHING!
default_new_shocked.gif

Viki

Ice is over for us and we are getting rain now. The bad ice storm in 2002 took down all the old poles and risky trees. All new utility poles around here now, so we have had no power problems with this ice storm. Also, the wind didn't blow which is what breaks off the trees the worst. We were without power for 14 days in 2002. Now we have a generator and wood stove, so feel we can withstand a storm. I was a little worried about lightning strikes last night, but that seems to have passed also.

My horses have shelter, but are out grazing in the wet. Yesterday they had icicles hanging on them and today they are soaking wet. All that fur is a blessing now! It's a mess out there, but survivable. Thank goodness for water tank heaters.

My son works for the utility company and he has been out since the 9th in the stricken areas, working with the crews.

Latest posts

Back