OK, touchy subject here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
I can not believe how high the gas prices here in America have been going. Just a half an hour ago, when we drove by the gas station, Regular Unleaded Gas was at $3.19/gallon. I live in California, smack dab in the center of Los Angeles and Las Vegas, so I figure our prices are higher than most other places. But what are prices where you are located, and what are your feelings on this?

Personally, I am beginning to get scared of where this might be going. My husband commutes to work 45 minutes away, and he pays a whole lot for gas now, as it is. I wonder where it will be say a year from now!?! Too bad we can't just go back to the horse and buggy days, haha. It would sure be cheaper.

Try making your living on the road.... We spent nearly $4,000 dollars in the last two weeks on fuel :no:

Oh my gosh, are you for real? Are you a horse hauler or a truck driver? My dad is a truck driver and he is feeling the pain in his pocket. It's crazy!

Yup, I just filled the pick up with Diesel this afternoon at $2.77/gallon. Right after I was filled up, they had to shut the station down to raise the prices! :new_shocked: I do know that here in NJ, we have the lowest prices so far compared to other parts of the Country. But MAN, everything is going up in cost EXCEPT SALARIES!!!!
default_wacko.png
:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

My husband's a truck driver but thank God he drives a company truck and doesn't have to pay for his own fuel. I usually only drive about 50 miles a week, taking the kids to school and back, so it doesn't hit me so hard. But what used to cost around $10 a week is now costing $20 a week or more :no: The last time I went to town today, our gas prices were at $2.78 a gallon and I'm in the very SW corner of Missouri.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $2.79 for regular yesterday, have seen it for $2.85 and premium up to $3.05. I went into shock when it hit $2, and it just keeps getting worse. I know there are lots of factors at play, but when you the record profits oil companies are making, and the incredible salaries of some of the CEO's........the one I saw quoted most recently was $190,000 A DAY. That figures out to nearly $70 million a year if my math is any good. Hard to justify that in my book. I'd like to see their record profits going into research and development for alternative fuels and better ways to use the ones we have.

Jan

If I had a place to "park", I'd be driving my horses to work.
default_wacko.png
:

Diesel here is anywhere from $2.79 up. I paid $2.85 yeserday ($90!). It will last me about a month so that helps but YIKES! Hubby has started riding his motorcycle to work to help some.

Boy, wish we had "cheap" gas like you have in the U.S. We pay or did this week $1.16 a liter which coverts to 3.8 liters per gallon so do the math and that is for regular gas, not premium.

Our local diesel (non PUC) just went to $2.99. Regular unleaded is $2.89.

I didn't have the heart to tell Larry that when I went into town today........He's started to get ready for another hauling trip to Texas and probably doesn't need to hear this.

The problem for us is, he does quotes for trips and honors them -- even if it means losing money because of the fuel price changes. So this is NOT good.

MA

It's killing us for sure.

Jerry drives to Chattanooga almost daily from job to job and town to town and the boys are driving to school 20+ miles one way. Added to that Michael goes to the Academy also after regular school for extra studies which is another several miles from there so he's driving about 80+ a day easy, maybe more.

I'm back to working at home. If I need anything from the store, I call one of them to pick it up for me to save me a trip to town, another 20 miles one way.

I'm getting feed twice a month instead of by the week and enough shavings for a month at a time.

Walmart trips which are far far far are limited to once a month now.

As for horse shows: I was going to 4 at first by now that's down to 2 already.

Well, I wish I would have filled my truck's tank up on Tuesday when it was $2.63 at one station in town. Now the cheapest today was $2.75. I heard a remark on the news about "Will it get up to $4.00 a gallon?" I certainly hope it doesn't do that! Yikes!

My husband and I each drive 100 miles round trip each day seperately to work! I usually go to the office 4 days a week and he goes 5 days a week. However, I can't really say I pay a lot of attention to what it costs to fill up because it's not an option not to buy gas. H and I actually work in the same town, but he starts around 5:30am, and leaves much earlier than my last client appointment is usually scheduled, so we do not commute together.

Ours has just gone up again to just over $8.00 a gallon :new_shocked: -that's Diesel.

Of course everything else is dearer too- and thus wages are higher, that has to be taken into account BUT 96% of the gas price here is TAX- goes straight into the governments pocket.

Why - oh WHY do we elect these CROOKS????????

Gas is $2.99 for regular and over $3.00 for mid-grade and super. Well, at least it was that price, could of went up again over night!
default_wacko.png
:

Well, guess 'they' showed us, now we need to drill in previous offlimit places to bring prices down. Hmm Wait a second, didnt we have a 'fuel' shortage a few decades back when they wanted to build a certain pipeline that we didnt want built?

Sorry, I'm just furious that we are falling for their games yet again. This time its really hurting many families financially. But, to those that matter, they dont care, they are already millionaires, what do they care about the average family.
default_wacko.png
:

Fuel here is 2.89,3.09 and 3.19, with diesel about 2.89

Well, last I looked here it was at 1.13 a litre, which translates to 4.294 a gallon Canadian. I don't drive, but I DO expect the price of my bus passes to go up soon.

Hi-

I paid $2.89/gallon on Thursday when I filled up - pump shut off at $50.00. I drive 70-75 miles a day to go to work, have gone to 4 days a week instead of a few extra hours on the 5th day. My husband drives 150 miles a day to go to work and home - 6 days a week. The gas prices are killing us.

Our house is on the market so we can hopefully get moved to Tennessee and find jobs closer to home. I hate working lots of hours to pay for gas.

Barbie

OK, so what is everyone doing about it? Who are we complaining to or are we just 'taking' it? Guess we could apply for that Exxon CEO's old job, he only got a piddly $400+ million dollar retirement package. poor guy, bet he wont be able to even afford gas on that
default_wacko.png
: And people dont think they are price gouging?

What really makes me cranky is the fact that our wonderful government could have and should have put a cap on gas prices when it hit $2.00/gallon. For that matter they could still cap the prices now and keep them from going up to $4!!! But they won't because in the scheme of things their making money
default_wacko.png
:

There was just a story on our local news about people in our area who are pawning things just to get enough money to get to work!

I don't drive much at all, but my Mom drives 100 plus miles a day, she's a realtor, and yes gas prices are starting to hurt
default_unsure.png
:

Gas here is around $2.79 for the cheap stuff.

Latest posts

Back