OK, touchy subject here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$3.29 a gallon here for the "cheap" stuff.
default_crybaby.gif
: Thats in way north west California.

I paid $2.92 yesterday for the cheap stuff. It's all really hard for me to understand since my hubby has drilled nearly 11 gas/oil wells in the last 4 months.

UGGGHHHHH!!!
default_shutup.gif
: Don't even get me started! My husband and I both drive 100 miles a day to and from work. :nono: I can't believe the fuel companies use the excuse that they haven't built any more refineries so they can't keep up with the demand. NOBODY needs a $400 billion paycheck!! :new_2gunsfiring_v1: How can they complain when they're making PROFITS!!! I know its a little extreme but every time I fill up, I feel like I'm having to bend over (and you know what!). I support Bush in what he's done since 9/11, but he's really dropping the ball on this one. The next Presidential election had better have someone looking out for the little guys when it comes to gasoline. It's getting to the point were people can't afford to drive to work, much less do extra things like vacations and horse shows!
default_frusty.gif
: In the end, it will bite everyone in the butt!

But, the fact that someone can get that sort of paycheck is part of capitalism, and I'm in favor.

My best client is a retired oil company executive.

This morning on Fox news they said that oil prices are actually creeping down, but gas prices are still inching up! How does that work?
default_rolleyes.gif
:

So. Cal. is right around $3.50 per gallon... :no: Can't I drive my minis to work??? :bgrin

Liz R.

4/23/06 - It's-A-Boy!

Yep... just paid $3.26/gal for Diesel.. some of my clients are not going to be able to afford to haul and show, not to mention just getting to the grocery store... (my truck is my only transportation.. :no: )

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Last year just before nationals gas prices went through the roof. Funny thing is gas was a lot cheaper in Oklahoma than New Hampshire, like 50 cents cheaper. I drive an F250 and I have to as I am a farrier and my living is out of my truck. This price thing is driving me nuts. I truly believe we are being taken to the cleaners. Linda B

What really makes me cranky is the fact that our wonderful government could have and should have put a cap on gas prices when it hit $2.00/gallon. For that matter they could still cap the prices now and keep them from going up to $4!!! But they won't because in the scheme of things their making money
default_wacko.png
:

Well, the reality of this is that NONE of the politicians really WANT to do anything about it. The reason???? Well, the big oil companies pump lots of campaign finance into the politician's accounts..... I think you can guess what I am talking about here. In my opinion, it is not just our President, but ALL members of Congress. You know... "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine!"

About the only thing that would change things is if the whole country, and I mean everyone and every business, were to litterally quit driving for a week. Yep, no work or anything which means no gas being used or purchased. BUT... The oil companies know darned well that the majority of us don't have this option and that we MUST go to work. Totally not feasable I know. Still, the thought is somewhat entertaining (assuming that this didn't harm anyone else financially.)

OK, touchy subject here, but what about those gas prices?

$2.95 here in Northern MI for regular - Glad I dont have a car! :new_shocked:

What do I think? I think everythings going up, I'm sure we'll see $5 a gallon easily and maybe more this summer. Everything will go up because it has to, minimum wage is taking a big leap up this fall which will hurt small business' who will cut workers. Things will go up and people wont be able to afford it, we have been setting ourselves up for this for a long time. This fall will be a very different time and most likley not pretty. If people cant afford to buy, semis wont truck because they cant take the loss, food alone will cost a bundle. If ANYTHING happens were in sh*t creek with out a paddle and gass with go threw the roof over night.

Just my 2 cents though
default_whistling.gif
:

Latest posts

Back