OK tornado survivors

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Finally back up on the forum after my knee surgery. I have several checks and one big package from Supreme to get delivered. I"ll post names here so you will know that your donation arrived.

M Brighton, Heber Springs AR (both Jenkins and Wallis')

D Lorts, St James MO

M Cassada, Hobart OK (both Jenkins and Wallis')

J Moore, KS

and a box of supplies for the Jenkins. I've been in contact with Jan Tobey and she is going to meet up with me this weekend so she can take the items and donation to Rita and Hugh and I"ll try and get out to Lynda's.

Talked with Lynda yesterday and they are still finding injuries on the horses so they try to get their hands on them daily for a good going over. Arrow who went down to TX was found to have a large laceration on his side and it had a piece of metal in it. The lady who has him is a nurse so she was able to take care of it and he is now doing well. He also had some head swelling so he must have either been struck or was blown into something.

Jan said the the Jenkins have a place to stay for now and she thought that the house was probably going to be a total loss.

Thanks to everyone one who has been working on this--what a time to be down with knee surgery.

Good to haveyou back on line Davie. I hope you are doing well and improving daily.

I went out and checked on Rita after I heard what had happened to her and endedup bringing two of her stallions back to my place until things settle down andshe is better able to house all her stallions safely.

Rita waslucky in that none of her horses were seriously hurt. She had the vet out to check several and I know she is still doctoring some that had lacerations in their eyes that she is having to watch closely.

The two boys that I am housing have several scrapes and superficial lacerations but one of them had hundreds of small wooden splinters that I have pulled out of his sides. Both horses were extremely frightened and flighty but settled down beautifully after

a couple of days. I can't imagine what was going through their horsey minds while that twister was going through. On the side of one of Rita's barns(one that didn't get totally destroyed) there is an imprint of a horse about 5 or 6 feet off the ground. Just imagine being picked up, swirled around and slammed against the side of the barn and not being able to tell your story.

I need to get back out there next week and see how things are going with Rita.I know they are feeling overwhelmed right now.

Thanks to everyone who was so supportive to both of our Oklahoma Miniaturehorse farms that were destroyed. The LBcommunity is great!

Barbara

Latest posts

Back