Bad Weather in Central OK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davie

Reaction score
Worried about Becky of Redrock, Reflection, Rita, Wilma (Teacup), Rocking M and everyone around Edmond, Piedmont, El Reno, North OKC, Extremely bad weather--high winds to 70 mph, hail as large as grapefruit, some small tornados been reported, injuries from large hail. Looks like Jan Tobey (muli-hitch) El Reno, and Georgetta Miears (Royal M) in Tuttle are staring down the barrel.

Had a small tornado follow Hwy 3, that is where Rita Jenkins lives. My boss lives in mid town (close to downtown OKC) without power.

I'm receiving lightning strikes now so coming south/southeast. Done all I can to be sure everyone is as safe as they can be to ride this out.

Now they say one coming up from south toward Norman so will get off for now. Weather is all around us.

I pray everyone in that area stays safe! If I had not seen this post, I would not have been able to call and warn my son who is driving on I-35 right now, headed into OK City! I tried to get him to pull off and wait it out but he said if it got too bad he would pull over. He is hauling a company trailer to a wakeboard competition this weekend. He works for EPIC BOATS. I pulled up the radar and about FREAKED!!!

It's going to be a long night for me too ... until I hear that he is safe. I don't know what is going on in OK City but it looks like another storm headed through!

We are ok here. Had some hail. Hopefully, no significant damage, but will know more in the morning. Hope everyone is ok.

Yikes! I hope everyones ok! We had quarter size hail today the weathers been really wierd all over.

The hail tore all the screens on my windows on the south side of my house. It also broke two fiberglass roof panels on my mare barn. I'll have a roofer out to inspect my house roof. Hopefully, that is all the damage, but we have another round of severe weather expected today and it could be worse.

I saw where there may be more to come today ... you folks in that state (tornado alley?) seem to really get that nasty weather! I don't think my nerves could handle that as we get our share here and I freak over it! BTW, my son finally reached his hotel at midnight, so I was relieved to get the text!

Hope everyone that lives in the storm areas are fine!!!!
default_ohnoes.jpg

Adding that I just read your post Becky ... I pray these storms aren't as bad as they predict for ya'll there! I'll be thinking of all of you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Luckily did not get the large hail down in Norman, but did get much needed rain. Was lightly raining when I left for work this morning. Weathermen say that today is going to be our worst for more severe weather across the state. Just left everything battened down for tonight. Have not heard from Rita. Hope she is OK.

Davie, we're fine over here. Just got a little amount of large hail. We will get a roofer out to check the new roof. Hopefully all is o.k. The scary part was when the tornado formed right overhead as we watched, we hit the shelter and I!m thinking i cannot do this again, but it did not drop down until about a mile away. Thank you Lord! Fortunately, last night did not pan out as predicted.

Glad to hear all is well out in your area. When I heard HW3 I just cringed, knowing you were just getting stuff completed.

Latest posts

Back