Ok, time to count your cats!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We currently have four cats:

Three barn cats:

Mew, the oldest female, a silver tabby w/green eyes.

Camo Kitty, she was a bonus giveaway w/our trailer, she is a calico w/yellow eyes and a very adventurous hunter.

Unnamed male, son of Mew above, he is a dark silver tabby w/yellow eyes and the tuxedo white type markings, very sweet natured.

And one indoor kitty:

"Deagal" (sp?) so named by our 16 month old son, she is a sister to the male above, and is a brown tabby w/white markings, yellow eyes and is very bonded to all of us.

This is a pretty low number for us, we are usually closer to 7 cats, but I'm sure someone will be dumping another batch in the near future!

no.gif

Liz M.

I have 2 female indoor/outdoor cats, by choice they are completely outdoor from May-September but then like to come in for the most part.

Both females, one a coonx torti/tiger longhaired female, very beautiful and like a dog in personality. Fixed.

The other is a torti with white and I barely see her she is very independant, also fixed.

I like cats BUT think the litterbox is absolutely disgusting, even when clean it is just ..
smileypuke.gif
smileypuke.gif
, the thought of an animal going to the bathroom in a box in my house grosses me out, so 2 indoor cats is my max!

I wish I had some barn kitties but we don't.

I have NO indoor kitties anymore
488.gif
aktion033.gif
488.gif

I just homed a litter of eight and blow me down the last people could not take their eyes off Sandy, who had been with me three years and was a rescue- I swear I have been offering this cat to everyone for three years!!! Anyway Karen said she would like her- I said what about the kitten?? she said she would like that too, I said go ask Hubby (sitting in the car) She asked Hubby he said "Whatever"
smile.gif
The borrowed a catbox and took a kitten and Sandy!! I was WILDLY allergic to Sandy and, due to the dogs being cat eaters, she had lived all three years in the kitchen, the dog kennel and the back bedroom by rotation!! She now has a sofa of her own and a kitten to discipline- I checked on her tow or three times but she settled right in.

I have 1 1/2 barn kitties- Polly, jet black and Fly-by-night (Flit, small half grown tabby) Outside, in the straw etc, I seem not to be so allergic!!!

We don't have a single cat at this time, and doubt we ever will own another again. I am game, but hubby says no. I am not a real cat fanatic anyway...my weakness is dogs, so I accept his request of no more.

That said, this is "Ruffles", aka "Fat Cat". He was with us for almost 16 years. We had to have him put to sleep in January, and he would have turned 16 in April. I loved that fat boy with all my heart. He was my special cat, for sure!
wub.gif

ruffles.jpg

Boo Boo - 8yr old silver tabby, bob-tail -THE Queen of the barn

Boo Boo II- 5yr old silver tabby, spayed daughter of Boo Boo, w/tail

Fuzzy-Butt - ? yr old long haired macrel tabby, spayed, pregnant-drop-off-who- stayed

Ozzy - 3mo old short haired dilute calico kitten, daughter of Fuzzy-Butt

Git! - 3mo old male silver/grey long haired son of Fuzzy-Butt

You Too! - 3mo old dilute-looking silver tabby son of Fuzzy-Butt

If I find the former owner of "Fuzz-a**", (called Fuzzy-Butt, in company) I have a few things to say to him/her.
wink.gif

I shall be having a neuter/spay/gelding party this Fall. Everyone's invited.
biggrin.gif

There are also several feral cats which come around come winter. I catch them when I can to worm them, and have had one or two neutered... Unfortunately; then it seems they slow down enough to be hit by vehicles.
ohmy.gif
no.gif

[SIZE=8pt]
saludando.gif
Hi, This is my first time posting and I am answering this question as trial and error before I make other posts.
[/SIZE]

I have eight cats. They are all spayed or neutered and vary in age from 2 years to 18 years. Six of the eight have come from where I work. I work at a fish hatchery and cats are considered a nuisance and promptly sent to animal control unless I am around to take the adoptables home. There have probably been close to a dozen more cats or kittens that I have brought home, but then found homes for and that is my goal, but I have ended up keeping quite a few.

I am the first to admit I am not the most original on names. I usually pick the obvious or try not to name them at all and what ever I call them sticks if I end up keeping them.

Patches - Female Calico, 18+ years old, came from Tulsa and is very anti-social with other cats which is what the Vet believes has has added to her longevity. She has always preferred staying with the Shelties and now Poms. Does not have to fight for her right of being the oldest, just gives a look and she passes through. The power of looks!!!

Trigger - Female grey striped with white markings, came from Pet Smart adoption center because she looked like the first cat I ever had as an adult after I got married back in 69. She and Patches have always had this love/hate relationship and when one lives in the laundry room, the other lives in the kennel building.

Tabby - Again real original. She is grey, black and tan striped. Cute little flat face and the only cat that was born here. I brought her Mother home... wild and pregnant. She had four kittens which my daughter and I tried to keep in a kennel cage in the garage. She managed to get the kittens out and take them out to the woods to raise. It appeared after a few weeks that only one survived and we grabbed her from her Mom and put her in a different cage to finish raising her. That worked well for Tabby and she is very loving and doesn't go out of the garage or laundry room now. She is about 5 or so. Her Mother has never been seen again though.

Orange Kitty (see what I mean) - He is about 8. He is a big long haired orange striped cat with amber eyes. Just loving and sweet. He laid out under my co-workers truck one day and wouldn't leave. Just a scraggly teenager at that point, I tried giving him some of McDonald's fish sandwich at lunch and he wouldn't eat it because he had the real thing. Rather that see him go to animal control or be drowned, I took him home and he loves to ride in the car and meet you at the gate when I come home or have been gone a few days (like at National).

Farrell - He is about 2 and just what he is a farrell cat. Orange striped with white short hair. He will probably never be completely tame or loveable. I brought he and his sister home when they were about 4 months old and that is too old to tame well when they are wild cats. They both picked up Clarence as their alpha and followed him around like they were his kittens. The female disappeared before I could get her in to be spayed, but was successful in getting the male neutered before he matured.

Amber - She is about 7 or so. Well, again orange striped short hair with just a bit of white on the tip of her tail and chin. She was my Collies cat. Sounds weird, but I brought her home as a tiny kitten also and kept her in a puppy play pen. After about a week of seeing her surroundings I let her out and figured she would stay around. Wrong! I came out side to look for her and she was no where to be found, but Buster was doing a Lassie thing and trying to get me to follow him. When I did he took me over to the back fence and there she was playing in the poison oak, weeds and mosquito area. Bill went over the fence to get her and everytime he would bend down to pick her up she would dart just out of reach. Finally getting her, I put her back in the play pen for another two weeks or so. Buster baby sat her most all of the time making her his charge. The next time I turned her lose, she didn't run off, but followed him everywhere. They even slept together, as a lot of my dogs and cats do. He passed away during the time I was at National in Columbia in 2002. He is missed by Amber and us very much. She has taken up with my son's Boxers though. She and Tabby will both sleep with them in the Winter.

Clarence - He is about 4. He is another big boy. He looks like a Himalayan with a bobbed tail. He has blue crossed eyes and hence the name Clarence (from the old tv program Daktari there was Clarence The Cross Eyed Lion).

Tux - Yes, again, very obvious. Black and white and semi long hair. Just gorgeous and so loveable. She is as fat as Garfield looks in the cartoon though. She is only about 3 or so. I brought she and her three brothers home from the hatchery when they were about four weeks old. They had teeth and their wild mother was taking them into the shop and they were hiding under the brush hog. My co-worker helped me catch them and I took them home and litterally became their Mom. It was a riot to here them call for me when I would get home from work. They were so easy to find homes for and the three brothers went to farms. Bill wanted to keep her because of her markings. She is a very comical cat and even though I had her declawed in front, she can still climb a tree if she can get ahold of it with her paws and use the like hands.

My cats are very well fed but still like to do the normal cat stuff, like catch bugs, butterflies, birds, etc. They now have a cat door on the laundry room and go in and out as they please. Heated in the winter and a/c in the summer, you couldn't be more spoiled.

wub.gif
those cats!

Nancy Warner

[/color]

I have 1 cat, a 3 year old DSH tortie my daughter gave me as a kitten for mother's day. ECLIPSE is her name as she has an "eclipse" on her chest of gold on the tortie.

my daughter has 2 cats, CHLOE (a black DLH) and FOXY ROXY (a DSH blue tabby tortie).

jennifer
saludando.gif

We get everyones drop offs. It is hard to say how many come here to eat. I just have one big community bowl of food and water kept out at all times. There is one we named Cletus. Well, Cletus had kittens a few months ago. All three are calico.

Fran

I'm with Dimimore-I dont want to know. I know that 2 new ones have shown up last week and are still here. My vet loves 'em though-spay, neuter, spay neuter, spay etc. etc .etc. Chaching!
wacko.gif

Yikes!! We presently have eight, we gave one to a new familly this summer. We have Morty, Gus, Hannah, Jessie, Pugsly, Tinkerbell, Eddy and Spidey. All come and go from the house at will. They spend lots of time outdoors during the warm months and lay around in the house all winter. Four litter boxes, cleaned at least twice a day, thankfully hubby does that job. Mostly we end up with strays and drop-offs, we got them spayed or neutered and although we are open to finding them new homes we just never seem to find the right home for them so there are all still here. I would love to get down to four, maximum but things have just worked out this way.

We have one house cat - Meow Meow, here she is with our house dog Sammie.
rolleyes.gif

SAMMIEANDMEOWMEOWO4.jpg

Oops - sorry about the large picture.
wacko.gif

I only have 2 barn cats right now, but would love to have at least one in the house. Unfortunately, it's not my house and I can't.
sad.gif

Everyone has such lovely and neat cats!
aktion033.gif

This is our house cat Chloe. She is a rescue, showed up on a family members door step and she does NOT like cats. I grew up with cats and we had just moved to Idaho and I was missing my kitties. So we took her with no hesitation. Named her for one of the characters in the "Left Behind" book series.

FireChloeRS.jpg
ChloeSleepRS.jpg

As you can tell she likes her nap time
wub.gif

Oh and LOVES the firesplace
laugh.gif

One too many cats here...Oreo is four and a pain in the rear...he is nuetered and declawed, but hates the indoors.

Some evenings I will hear cars honking and I have to go get his butt off the hiway where he sits preening. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

We have a total of 12 right now. Lost one last month.

9 are permanant indoor kitties, one is indoor/outdoor (not in picture) and the 2 permanant outdoor/barn kitties were ferals. The feral male is tamed down nicely, doesn't growl when I pick him up anymore to put him on my lap. Feral female is just starting to sniff my fingers and I can touch her if she doesn't see me reaching for her...

All are spayed/neutered. All but one are rescues...and husband brought home most of them!

From upper left: Shadow, Squirrely-Jo, Shasta, BooBoo

From lower left: Silver, Toby, Marmalade, Reilly...under Marmalade is LuckyDuck

9onthefloorc.jpg

Malibu is the indoor/outdoor and Dusty and PrettyGreenEyes are the outside ferals.

Steph, I looked in my "Book of the Cat" and the closest I could come to your Dusty kitty's color is "lilac" or "shaded silver". My Dusty kitty looks chocolate. He is a tan with brown tabby stripes. My book calls him chocolate, chestnut or he could be a cinnamon.

Great thread, btw!

Heidi

I have 13 indoor kitties and 22 yes 22 outdoor cats. Well actually they live in the catio(carport surrounded by lattice work) so they are out but can't get in trouble. I came about with this many by working as a vet tech for 10 years ie: abandoned litters to I just don't want my cat anymore put it to sleep(I had them sign them over to me). They are all spayed and neutered and here till they pass. This is Peepers now 2yrs I raised her from day 1, she still had the after birth attached when she was dropped off.
456964621rZgUoV_ph.jpg

I have .....let me count.

All are fixed:

Belle, female 20 yrs old.
new_shocked.gif
medium/long hair orange tabby. She was outside most of her life. Went deaf a few years ago and noticed her getting cataracts so she is now an inside cat.

Precious; female medium/long hair tabby white. dumped on me by a friend.
wacko.gif
about 13 yrs

Caramel: medium/Long hair torti female. dumped by another friend.
wacko.gif
not sure of age

Bandit; Male medium/long coat blk/wht indoor/outdoor 7 yrs The mighty hunter.
yes.gif

Velcro: Siamese looking blue point female. Short coat and afraid of everything. If you pick her up you will know why her name is Velcro
rolleyes.gif
Bandits sister

Baby Kitty: calico female medium/long hair 7 yrs. she is not a cat. we haven't really figured out just what she is
unsure.gif
but I don't know what I will do when her time comes to leave me.
no.gif

So thats 6, I have had as many as 12. Might be bringing home 2 feral kittens after they are fixed. both grey tabby's and I hope like to hunt mice. They are currently living at my mothers.

Love them all.
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Robin

We just have 2 kitties right now. They used to be just indoor kitties, but now are indoor/outdoor kitties. Their names are Kitty Kitty, she's a grey/brown tabby and the other is Fern she is a calico/Tortie. Both came from our local SPCA. Kitty Kitty was always friendly but Fern was feral. We got them together I think in 1995 and I am the only one who can pick Fern up. Others can pet her, but that's it. We have no idea how old they are. We do not know their exact ages. Both were young when we got them, but they were both adults, so they are both 10+ years old.

Here's the "cat vat" being filled, this is how much cat food we use to feed all eight cats for a week!! This is a drawer from a little storage unit that gets filled up and put back in but they love to come and chow down right from the "vat"
biggrin.gif

catfood.jpg

we have 7 cats, Reese and Stripes are both indoor, but stripes was outside for 6 years until she broke her leg for the second time, so now shes in. Morris, Eclipse, Sassy, Taffy, Bubbles, and Midnight are outside.

Latest posts

Back