Ok, time to count your cats!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
I know that a lot of us have barn cats, house cats, and just cats, LOL. How many have you got and how many is too many?

I currently have 9 cats and most of them have names.

Maxi is my oldest at 6 y/o. She's a long haired almost black calico.

Calli is about 4 y/o and is a short hair calico. She's an outside only cat and a great mouse/snake/whatever catcher.

Dusty is Calli's kitten from last year. He's a 1 y/o male, short hair and his color is hard to describe so I'll put a picture below.

Cotton is 1 y/o male, gray and white. His fur feels more like rabbit than cat. We thought he'd grow out of that, but not yet.

Of course there's Weeble, our newest kitten. He's a siamese (mix?) with blue cross-eyes and a bum leg.

Then we have 4 kittens looking for new homes. They're Calli's from her last litter and will make great barn cats for someone. There's an orange/white, striped/white, striped, and calico.

Here's Dusty, is there a name for this color? (Please excuse the junk, he makes a point of laying on the worst stuff!)

I guess when I run out of names for my cats, that'll be too many, LOL. They all get their personal "lap time" and are fed and happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've got three.

One long haired "Maine Coonish" tabby boy named Keeper

One blue-cream point himalayan girl named Tiffany

One tortie-point himalayan girl who is insane (not kidding) named Sabrina (as if she knows)

Keeper%20--%2008122005%20--%202.jpg

tiffany+sabrina-111702-2-small.jpg

Ok... I have 4 in the house and 12-15 out side barn cats

HOUSE KITTIES

Pandora- tortous(sp) color

Hope- Long hair chocolate color

Shanahan- Gray long hair

Bosco- Orange goof ball!

BARN CATS

Felix- black and white

Gracy-Tortus

Leloo-calico

The 2 Georges- gray and white

Sadie- grey

Chaplin- black and white

2 orange and white kitties that I call "orange and white kitty" hehe!

and the rest come and go.

I just had to add..... Jill Keeper looks HUGE!!! All I can picture is him jumping like that on to somebodys head! LOL! He's gorgeous!

Are we asking how many cats are too many for INSIDE or just in general?

(Jill, your's are all beautiful!)

We have four cats. All are indoor/outdoor kitties, although one prefers to stay inside 99 percent of the time.

"Homer" is our youngest, age 4, a Maine Coon, adopted from the humane society.

"Ted", "Splinter", and "Sweetie Pie" are all getting to that geriatric age being between ages 12 to 14. We've had them since they were kittens. "Sweetie" was a stray that we rescued from an old auction warehouse building. The night after we brought her home, the warehouse burned to the ground.

MA

We just have one cat..she is my son's cat and 10 years old. But thinking on it a bit, my son is the cats pet.

Here is a picture of her.

newhousefireplacecat1.jpg

We might get a couple of outside only barn cats this fall, but not sure. Could use the help with all the field mice.

One thing I do know, as long as Heidi rules the house we will not get another inside house cat.

Let me count....

-Zorro

-Moo Moo

-MacKenzie

-Freddy

-Little Boo

-Baby Boy

-Skeeter

-Commander

-Crazy Legs

....... 9 cats.
smile.gif

We have a total of 6 cats all of which where rescues. 3 at the house:

Samantha- Maine Coon

Spook- solid black

Dart Vadar- russian blue (she is the craziest cat I have ever been around)

3 barn cats

Bobby- named after Bobby Labonte (nascar driver)

Jr.- named after Dale Earnhardt Jr (nascar driver)

Bob- a huge Bobcat mix with a bob tail

My son kinda likes Nascar if you haven't noticed. In fact, he named the Jack Russell that we are fostering Jeff Gordon.

Its fun seeing pictures of everyones cats. I think cats are so handsome.

I used to have 5 cats but I lost one to cancer last year and earlier this year 2 passed away of old age, so I am down to 2-

Here is Phelps, Callie, Mia and Domino

cats_web.jpg

and here are my 2 remaining cats-

Zoey

DSC01387.jpg

and Callie

DSC01389.jpg

We have 10 house cats -- that also go outside -- in addition to 2 pembroke welsh corgi dogs and 12.5 minis (one maybe 2 are pregnant but not very far along)

10 Cats all spayed and neutered:

Samantha - siamese female

Frankie (aka Frankenkitty) - 3 legged maine coon sort of - gray/tortoiseshell - female

Leiah - 3 legged shorthair white/black female

CW (Car Wash) - short hair 20+lb brown tabby male with a lot of white on him

Miles - brown tabby short hair male about 12 lbs

Peter - orange tabby short hair male about 6 lbs

Kitten (aka Pumpkin) - orange tabby short hair female

Molly - black (siamese mix suspect) female short hair

Jewel - orange calico short hair female - schizophrenic? (can't spell that)

Lacey - gray maine coon lookalike female - loves "working" in the barn

They found us for the most part... ages are from 1.5 years to 13.

JJay

OK currently I have 2 house terrorists seems like alot more when they are racing through the house a mach 10 in the middle of the night......both are grade siamese lynx point....for the person asking about the cat on the tub that looks to be lynx point
wink.gif

for the record each of my cats has about 3 different names depending on which mood they are in
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I love love love cats so for me too many is a variable number if they can get along and have good manners I'd easily have 10 house cats.......ours are indoor only until we can get a cat pen/play yard built.......

my neighbor/friend has lots of barn kitties and several of them do come visit but they don't count as mine.

Ok we have in the barn, Bandito, Putzer, Shadow, Gatoe, tippy, Pearl, Odis

Then we have the in cats that come into the house and then out. Those are Tessa, Fancy, Sam, Ashley.

This doesn't of course include the strays that travel to visit.

Traci

We have lots of spayed/neutered barn kitties!

CALICO GIRLS:

Schmee is the matriarch of all the cats in the barn, a black/orange/white 5 yr old.

Short Stop very homely black/orange marbled calico 3 yr old from Schmee X Tom.

Ethel is 1 year old black/orange/white daughter of Short Stop X Lucky.

Lizzie is 2 year old black/orange/white daughter of Short Stop X Lucky.

Mimi is unrelated tabby/orange/white 3 yr. calico that is wild but a good huntress.

Victoria is unrelated black/orange/white kitten, brother to Cole.

Kate is a black/orange/white 2 yr old daughter of Schmee X Lucky.

BOYS:

Bugs is an unrelated fluffy brown tabby that lives under our farm truck.

Lucky is a 3 year old orange/white son of Schmee X Tom.

Tom was an unrelated pewter/white obese cat, who recently died.

Chester is a black/white obese polydactile 7 yr old.

Cole is a blue eyed siamese cross with white toes, a kitten, his sister is Victoria.

Harley is a huge elderly fluffy orange/white cat from New Orleans that is living with us temporarily until his owner can find housing.

Ok, we have 6 indoor cats and one outside (we live in town right now, so the only one ever allowed outside is the one that stays OUT of the street
wacko.gif
)

Barney - BIG long haired orange ...I swear this guy is part lion
new_shocked.gif

JD (Jack Daniels) - Barney's brother

Tommy Girl - grey and white

Lil' Girl - solid black....and no where near little

Sissy - black and white outdoor cat

'Evil' Kitty - long haired black with white spots on chest and stomach (if you met her you'd understand the name
ohmy.gif

b2d21a1b.jpg

Gabryal - Kitty's son. Look's exactly like her but with a white cross on his chest instead on the spots
yes.gif

3fcc9d5e.jpg

l'm not a cat person and wouldn't allow one in the house for sure. But we do have about 17 adult cats out in the barn we have no mice just moles which l guess they don't bother with. lf l forget to feed them they all hang around my legs and it looks like a big furry mess and scares me to death so l never forget to feed anymore. All ours were dumped off here by people driving by or left on the driveway in boxes. So rude. l talk to them each day but only have 3 that l will pet and hold which is a big deal for someone afraid of cats.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

aktion033.gif
Only 1 cat 13 yr old Himself black. He's starting to get that old man look.

Not much of a cat person here either, so I only have 6 barn kitties.

Hobo- my daughter snuck him home in her backpack

Sierra-came with the house when I bought it

Snicklefritz-a kitty I rescued from being put down at the vet

Ugly kitty-from a litter of Sierra's before we had her spayed

Chloe and Zoe- two abandoned kitties(only about 5 weeks old)

5 their names are

Kitty FIXED

Kitty Kitty FIXED

Kitty Kitty Kitty FIXED

Harley (she rides my mini mare Tweety) FIXED

Purr (mother of the rest) now FIXED

Last time I looked it was just one!
ohmy.gif
But with his antics sometimes you would think there were about 10!! Larry is a piece of work, just a DSH black and white with piercing yellow eyes. Mainly hubby's cat, but he grows on ya! Oh and he loves guests!!! We'll be sitting in the living room and he'll be sitting on the ottoman in the middle of the living room paying attention strait as an arrow as if you are conversing with him. Gotta love the little bug-ger. I feel sorry for the one legged crickets this time of year tho....they never go any further than the kitchen floor...and Larry gets his protien that way!
eat.gif

I have 2 indoor kitties - Jack and Mikey. Jack (below) is currently on a diet!!!
new_shocked.gif

Im000290.jpg

Latest posts

Back