OK Ladies, I need your help and input

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildhorses

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am trying to help my son out here. He really doesn't know what to get his girlfriend for Christmas. They have been dating for 10 months now. The last couple of months have been a little bit rocky for them. They really aren't "broken up" right now, just taking it a little bit easy the last few weeks. He just doesn't know what type of gift is appropriate for this stage of dating, and even more so since things have been a little bumpy in their relationship recently. Her birthday was in October and he got her a nice necklace, which she seemed to really like....it even made her cry, but she's not much of a jewelry wearer and he has only seen her wear it a couple of times, so he thinks jewelry probably isn't the best choice for Christmas. She's a pretty simple girl, doesn't get all "fancied" up, but does certainly love "girly" stuff as most women do. She is 24 years old. I really don't have any suggestions to give him, but know there are tons of people on here that may have awesome ideas, that show her how much he loves her without over doing it or scaring her to death! LOL! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Hi everyone. I am trying to help my son out here. He really doesn't know what to get his girlfriend for Christmas. They have been dating for 10 months now. The last couple of months have been a little bit rocky for them. They really aren't "broken up" right now, just taking it a little bit easy the last few weeks. He just doesn't know what type of gift is appropriate for this stage of dating, and even more so since things have been a little bumpy in their relationship recently. Her birthday was in October and he got her a nice necklace, which she seemed to really like....it even made her cry, but she's not much of a jewelry wearer and he has only seen her wear it a couple of times, so he thinks jewelry probably isn't the best choice for Christmas. She's a pretty simple girl, doesn't get all "fancied" up, but does certainly love "girly" stuff as most women do. She is 24 years old. I really don't have any suggestions to give him, but know there are tons of people on here that may have awesome ideas, that show her how much he loves her without over doing it or scaring her to death! LOL! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks a bunch!

Find out what kind of scent that she likes and get her a bath or candle set in that scent. They don't cost much, its not jewerly, and it is something that won't sit around and collect dust.

Since thing are a bit rocky why not a nice evening out?

This might sound cheesy, it's been 11 years since I was dating, but maybe a gift certificate to her favorite store? Since she doesn't like jewelry that much, maybe a nice little figurine or music box?

Well, my oldest daughter is in this age range and one of the best things her boyfriend ever gave her was a Mickey and Minnie Mouse set of stuffed doll type things. They are stuffed animals it just doesn't sound right to say that about Mickey and Minnie. They are about eight inches tall and although the boyfriend is now gone, they still sit on her desk and seh still loves them. Sounds corny for an older young girl, but there is still something about stuffed animals. So, I am thinking maybe a beautiful stuffed Teddy Bear. Or, if he really wants to do something nice, go to a Build-A-Bear and do one of those, man that would be a huge hit!!!! See, I would marry my husband all over again for doing that. Her boyfriend did one of those too adn she still have that one too.

how about a pretty complimentary sweater? my daughter that age LIVES in hoodies, so what about a nice hoodie?

jennifer :saludando:

I would suggest a nice dinner at there favorite place or something they normally might not go to or a concert with a group she loves and there is always a day at a spa or a massage or facial

Last edited:
I think a nice huggable fairly large stuffed animal is perfect. ( STILL love stuffed animals if they are squishy and soft.......and I'm twice your son's girlfriend's age!

MA

Ten months is a long time but since it has been a rocky road lately I would definately stay away from jewelry. Once a girl gets jewelry gifts she is going to be reading things into it that may not be there. However, there is a chance that she is expecting something like that, so I hope she is not in for a big let down. He needs to get something that is almost as meaningful as jewery, and that is not going to be easy. He could stay in the middle of the road with a pair of pearl earings. That could be safe. It needs to be something "almost romatic" so good luck. It could include some red roses with it. I'm thinking some kind of very very very nice expensive designer perfume and a dinner at a wonderful place. Susan Lucci has some amazing scents, and someone else just came out with one called "incredible" but I can't remember who that was. I'm no help. Nuts. .

Thank you for the suggestions so far! Any others out there????

A lot of good ideas here. I don't think you're ever too old for a stuffed animal. 'Specially one of those very soft, huggable ones. If he took her to dinner I would imagine she would still kinda/sorta expect a gift of some kind. Perhaps a watch. It's jewelry, but very non-committal (if that's a word). He could go as plain or as fancy as he wanted to with one. Plain leather band or studded with diamonds (or diamonique).

I say the watch is a great idea! I'd love a watch from my beau and we've been married 8 years!! And tell him not to forget a sweet card, telling her he loves her.

Latest posts

Back