Ok is this true

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieb

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Ok i was reading a list of donkeys that are going to be at an auction...and on one of the discriptions it said he has never spit at any human yet!!!!! :eek: is that true? donkeys spit???? i know camels do but i have never heard of a donkey spitting
default_wacko.png
: please fill me in
default_unsure.png
:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Wow! I've never heard of this either. Sounds to me like the auction people are confusing llamas and donkeys :eek:
default_wacko.png
: Kicking & braying -- now I'm prepared to handle those things, but spitting...?
default_unsure.png
: (Kinda funny to picture a spitting donkey though :bgrin )
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Must be someone was confused or they were trying to be funny
default_rolleyes.gif
: . Llamas or alpaca spit
default_yes.gif
: , notice I used green...lol...I 've seen their spray up close
default_sad.png
. Nikki
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Oh Yuck! I have never heard of a spitting donkey :eek: and I cant imagine one that would spit! Nik, noticed I used GREEN too. Ce[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Well i sure feel better
default_yes.gif
: if ya go to that sale that was just posted it is lot #L3 Porter,it is only a couple down so you dont have to look at the whole sale catalog
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Ashley, your right they dont spit...its more like they are throwing up. They bring up the contents of there stomach along with saliva, and out it comes. Guess I could really pass being around a camel when it decided to :smileypuke: Have you ever been around your Aunts camels when they do this. YUCK. Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]Do they do it on purpose? to be mean? or is it something they have to get rid of? that would be quite gross :eek: [/SIZE]

By a camel doing this it is meant to surprise, distract, or bother whatever the camel feels is threatening it. Ce

[SIZE=14pt]Camels, llamas, alpaca are all closely related all camelids and all "spit" for the same reason...to scare, distract like Corrine said. They normaly give a warning "noise" before the spray
default_yes.gif
: . I rode dromedaries, one hump camel, bactrian 2 hump, across the desert, love their eye lashes and feet
default_wub.png
: ...Nikki
[/SIZE]

I have never been around a camel that spits. You really need to tick them off for them to do so...........and well if you can tick off a camel that bad then maybe the human should be beat. Camels are one of the most laid back animals I have been around. But then again I have never been spit on by a llama or alpaca either.

That grosses thing I have seen out of a camel is when the males are in rut. Lets just say I have gotten stuck down wind a few times and it was not pretty!

LOL.... the "Spitting" Camel reminds me of when my Sis inlaw (who lives in Israel) went with her family to Egypt on a family vacation. Of course they had to go on a Camel ride and while standing in line a Camel from a distance away zero'd in on my neice and plastered her in the face with the "Spit" :no:

She was about 8 at the time and such a girly girl .... she came unglued but gave the family a good laugh then and for many years to come
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back