Ok...i had to post this hear. How STUPID people can be

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmkrieg

Reaction score
Hi guys, My friends neighbor had his full size MARES running with their Scottish bulls. Well the mare came in heat and the man VIDEOTAPED the mare being bred by the bull!!!! IS THAT NOT THE MOST DISCUSTING THING YOU CAN THINK OF. I couldn't believe it!!! I was outrages. I couldn't believe he could stand back and just video tape that. NOT TO MENTION that its just the stupidest thing to let your bulls run with mares.

The mare actually had to be brought to the vet because Scottish bulls have horns and he gored her stomach and she had a big hole in it that had to have a drain put in and couldn't even be sewn shut.

this happened almost a week ago now but everytime I drive by that poor mare I think about it. I cannot believe how thoughtless people can be with their animals.

Just had to vent!!!

That is disgusting! What the heck is wrong that guy!
default_torch.gif
: :xbud: :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

The vet actually went off on the man too apparently. Now the Bull is seperated from the mares. But they still run their 2 horses with their cows but at least it isn't with the bulls. They have I believe 3 or 4 cows with 2 bulls and 2 horses running on only a couple of acres but they have 6 acres total so I don't know what the heck the problem is with this guy. My friend is his neighbor and she tried talking to him too and telling him you can't run them together like that but he was being stubborn.

I would report him- doing /allowing it is one thing- videoing it is another thing entirely and may well be against the law!!

Our farmer neighbor told me a story once, I didn't believe:

A bull calf and a filly had grown up together and when they got older, the bull started breedind the mare.

The farmer himself coudn't believe, what he was seeing.

I thought,. this is not what "mother nature" had in mind.

I'm wondering......, there are millions of horses pastured together with cows and bulls.

That's twisted. That poor mare! Didn't someone here mention a mare that was actually damaged by a bull? I have a problem with cows and horses running together simply because I lived in dairy country growing up and cows will mount one another. If they are friendly with a horse, they'll try the horse too. Horses aren't physically capable of holding up a large cow.

But I'll tell ya, it's probably not against the law for that guy to video tape the mare and bull. There was a thread on another horse forum and there were some men caught....well, you know...and someone posted the laws about beastiality in each state...in most states it wasn't even against the law! So, I'm thinking that if THAT isn't against the law, then video taping to animals wouldn't be.

Some people are just disturbing.

Some people are just crude! I can't imagine anyone thinking that was funny!

But, there is a farm just down the road from us that raise Buffalo. They had the most beautiful, perfect War Bonnet markings, bay, Mustang pony stallion ( he was purchased from BLM), 13.1H that I wanted to breed our Hackney mare (12.2H) to. He was soooo gorgeous..very Spanish looking..like a spotted Andalusion with that long, thick mane and tail. He was kept in with the Buffalo (he had been with them for years!), and the mares were kept separate. Well, the Buffalo bull gored and killed him..it just makes me sick to think of it... it made them sick as well. They really loved that stallion... Rain Maker was his name. Bulls are DANGEROUS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, while I can see the bull goreing the horses. I dont see it happening on purpose of the bulls part.

I also find it HIGHLY unlikely that the bull actually bred the horse.

Did you see the video or is this just hearsay?

Latest posts

Back