I've come to share my heartache (long post)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, I'm so sorry! Reading your post hurts. My heart goes out to you and your husband.

I am very sorry indeed for your loss. I can tell he was very special.

Thank you all for your kind words, it is truly a comfort to share this pain with others who understand. I can't seem to get over looking for him around every corner. I 'see' him in my periferal vision but when I turn to him he isn't there. I walk out to call him for a treat or to share a moment and then remember he can't come to me any more. I feel him just behind me as I walk to the barn, he is the shadow next to me and I can almost feel him there until I focus on it again. Abby (my Boston Terrier) misses him too, she has become much more needy than usual. Normally she is an inependant little thing but in the past days she is never more than a few feet from me.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know your heart is broken. Hugs to you and your entire family.

I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I feel your pain from the sadness and emptyness I feel just by reading your post.

Thank you both. I keep expecting it to get easier but he was so much a part of my days that I am constantly reminded he is gone. I have planted forget me nots over his grave because I like them so much and every time I look at the blue flowers in the spring I will think of him and smile. Thats what I tell myself I will do at some point when I think of him - smile. Right now those memories of happy days with him just make me miss him, but I wouldn't save myself from any amount of pain of loosing him if it meant trading even one day of having him in our lives.

Give yourself some time - just take it day by day. When you love like you loved him for so long, it will take time. ((((HUGS))))

Latest posts

Back