Ok,, Any body else have one os THOSE babies....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
We have a beautiful tiny, very healthy colt (course)

born here. He is two weeks old and has put us though the ringer!

1st... 1 week old... he manages to get on the outside of the BOARD fence

and got tangled up in the elec fence (off at the time) I was home...

looked in on him.. there he was, hanging upsidedown,, screaming..!!! Sheared off his little

belly button... He was ok.. and recovered fine

2nd... Moose came in heat... he got the scours/fever... feeling punky for a few days...

then today....

He is finally feeling better,,, out playing and frisky...

He eats some poop (YUCK) and CHOKES! He was seriously in trouble..Vet came (holiday trip,, OMG)

Tubes him.. all that stuff... he is ok... whewww... but I now have to

give him shots for a few days... He'll HATE me.
default_sad.png

He is so precious... loves to nibble on my nose....but OMG... Here comes Mr. Trouble.!!!!!

Anybody else have one of these???? Please tell me that 3 is the magic number!!!!
default_smile.png

~Sandy

This is his innocent little self......
default_smile.png
)

DSC_5260web.jpg

Haven't had it happen with a mini BUT my show walking horse was the same way. She just kept getting injured. My trainer told me, she is gonna be a good 'un....those are the ones the weird things happen to...he was right! She was undefeated last year!

He's really nice, I love his head and those eyes.

We have had the "odd escape artist" in our years of having these little guys.

Beautiful colt - and beautiful photo!!!

My Morgan mare was a disaster her first year of life. Started off getting on the wrong side of the fence (we were boarding our horses at someone else's place then) - well she cut her foot and needed stitches.

Then a few months later she tried to tear her eyelid off - it was hanging by a thread (literally) - so that was several vet visits as the stitches were poking her eye and caused an ulcer. Then at 9 months old she jumped into an empty round bale feeder (keep in mind this wasn't our place) and she got a back leg entangled in the steel rings. That ended up being many vet trips - hundreds of dollars on vet wrap and ointment, etc. But since then she has been a wonderful - no accident gal!!!!

I hope your colt is OK and no more "accidents, booboo's or sickness"!!!!!

Haha! Sorry to hear about your troubles. :DOH! I have a filly I bought from a friend. She got more of her father than I wanted. Accident prone to the T! But you love them just the same.
default_biggrin.png

I have a warmblood yearling colt a lot like that! LOL. First he got this huge scratch on his nose the day before a show. Then before his second show he got a bunch of little nicks all over! Shoulder, forehead, side of his face! Looks like we put him through a blender! Then two days ago I walk out to his feild and hes got a 7 ince scratch down a hind leg! I was like.. are you serious? My trainer laughs and says hes just one of those babies! Can't wait till he grows out of hurting himself! lol

Bless your heart and bless his. he is very nice. Love his head.
default_wub.png
I hope he feels better soon.

I had one of those named T I M M Y and he was one heart attack after another!

Your baby is perfect and so gorgeous but please keep him away from the pond!
default_smile.png

MY Wee Man was one of those first 3 years of his life,

We all knew he was a danger to himself aha
default_rolleyes.gif

I have a "Million Dollar Mare" -- so don't fret - you've got lots of catching up to do ! ! Hope not for your sake!

Stac

PS Howz the puppy - still have him or were you able to part with him?

Sounds like he's going to keep you on your toes! He is just perfectly beautiful, I love his pretty head! What can you do put love him up and maybe keep him in a rubber room or wrapped in bubble wrap LOL

Oh yes and you know one of them except he's about 1000 lbs. heavier. The first week Moxie(he was a yearling) was here we turned him out to stretch his legs a bit... he lopes up the hill and tried to clear a fence. He made it over 2 boards.. crashed through the top board. The top board broke off and stuck in the ground standing straight up.... I just knew the other half had to be in his chest. I had just had a friend who's friend found her yearling QH dead in her driveway. He had jumped out and landed on one of those T posts. Just awful!

I had to go get Moxie from my neighbors pasture. Thank goodness he was pretty quiet as all of this area was new to him, but I called him and he trotted right up to me and put his halter on. He trashed his back legs and part of his chest, but other than that he was ok.

Fast forward to the day we were getting ready to take the kids to their first zoo trip. I go out and Moxie can't walk. He had punctured his leg. I was able to take care of him with just a vet call. I had all the proper meds. here.

You never met Millie(miniature mare), but Jill can tell you.... she was the one with a loose stool issue all of her life. She was well over $10K in medical bills. She had so much wrong with her the insurance company couldn't insure her. She had so many problems. She ended up colicing and couldn't have surgery because of a malfunctioning heart. She died at the age of 5. She never had a well day in 4 years and 9 months that we owned her.
default_sad.png

I hope your baby boy will be ok.

I have a "Million Dollar Mare" -- so don't fret - you've got lots of catching up to do ! ! Hope not for your sake!

Stac

PS Howz the puppy - still have him or were you able to part with him?
Stac.. The puppy is now in his new home
default_smile.png
Doing perfect!
default_smile.png
) Thank you for your help..

These animals can make ya NUTS!

Thanks everybody
default_smile.png
) I guess I'm not the Lone Ranger!

jrae- "My trainer told me, she is gonna be a good 'un....those are the ones the weird things happen to...he was right! She was undefeated last year!"

That is a WONDERFUL way to look at it~!

The colt is fine this morning.. playing and MAD about his shot!
default_new_shocked.gif

~Sandy

I think he's just getting all his (mis) adventure out of the way upfront so he can enjoy the next 30 years without any issues
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

The first QH colt we raised years ago was an accident waiting to happen. He got into something - I was boarding at the time - and cut his fetlock badly enough to put a cast on it. This was to immobilize it so it could heal, but the IDIOT that was feeding there let him get out and he ran for probably 30 minutes with a cast up his leg...... :arg! because she couldn't catch him. He came right to me, but had to have the cast off to let the rub marks heal........and it just went on and on for as long as I owned him (which wasn't much longer!).

Good luck with your little terror LOL, maybe he will outgrow it.

Jan

I have one! Not exactly a baby, she's three years old, but she ACTS like a baby, lol! Was getting her ready for a show, clipped her up and turned her out in the pasture for a half hour or so, bring her in and she has all of this yellow stuff all over her face, it looked and felt like tree sap. I had to PICK it off with my fingernails, and it was bloody underneath. :DOH! What the heck did she do? There aren't any trees out in the pasture!!!
default_wacko.png
Then she rubs her head on something in the trailer on the way to the show, and her forehead looks SHREDDED. Ok... In the stall at the show she chews on the wood sides and gets a huge splinter in her lip.
default_new_shocked.gif
Then after her bath she was tied up in her stall and she reared, got one leg through the bars of the stall and the other leg over her lead rope. I ran into the stall and pulled the one leg out of the bars and untied her. She reared up twice more during that first day and got a leg over her lead rope (and yes, I tied her so the rope was well above her head). Thank goodness for quick-release knots! Oh, and then in Liberty, it was her first time ever and she was terrified, I turned her loose and instead of running off, she BODY SLAMMED me. I must have instinctively pushed her away from me, and we were DQ'd. Sigh... I was afraid she was going to kill herself during this show.
default_no.gif
I love this filly, and she is beautiful, so we are going to keep trying to do the shows with her, I'm just paranoid about what she might do next!
default_wacko.png

She's never done anything like this before! Think she's trying to tell me something?

I have one! Not exactly a baby, she's three years old, but she ACTS like a baby, lol! Was getting her ready for a show, clipped her up and turned her out in the pasture for a half hour or so, bring her in and she has all of this yellow stuff all over her face, it looked and felt like tree sap. I had to PICK it off with my fingernails, and it was bloody underneath. :DOH! What the heck did she do? There aren't any trees out in the pasture!!!
default_wacko.png
Then she rubs her head on something in the trailer on the way to the show, and her forehead looks SHREDDED. Ok... In the stall at the show she chews on the wood sides and gets a huge splinter in her lip.
default_new_shocked.gif
Then after her bath she was tied up in her stall and she reared, got one leg through the bars of the stall and the other leg over her lead rope. I ran into the stall and pulled the one leg out of the bars and untied her. She reared up twice more during that first day and got a leg over her lead rope (and yes, I tied her so the rope was well above her head). Thank goodness for quick-release knots! Oh, and then in Liberty, it was her first time ever and she was terrified, I turned her loose and instead of running off, she BODY SLAMMED me. I must have instinctively pushed her away from me, and we were DQ'd. Sigh... I was afraid she was going to kill herself during this show.
default_no.gif
I love this filly, and she is beautiful, so we are going to keep trying to do the shows with her, I'm just paranoid about what she might do next!
default_wacko.png

She's never done anything like this before! Think she's trying to tell me something?
oH my.. SORRY... I'm sitting here at lunch giggling.... I know it was not funny at the time.

These little guys can get into stuff!!! OMG!

She sounds like a terror too! :DOH!

"Good luck with your little terror LOL, maybe he will outgrow it"

Jan.. I hope so! He has really stolen our hearts.

That is exacly what I get for stating out loud "well, I managed his two problems without calling the vet"......

I won't do that again!

~Sandy

Oh, this girl is a sass and a half, that's for sure! Practiced with her for halter, she was SO good. Get her into the ring, and she thinks it's a dancing class. :DOH! Stand still? Forget it!! Oh and trot away from the judge? Not on your life!
default_rolleyes.gif
Then, when she FINALLY was standing still, and actually showing, the judge walked up and I swear she instantly drooped like a wilted plant.
default_saludando.gif
Ok then.
default_wacko.png
I guess I should feel lucky that she didn't rear up, flip over, or kick at anybody, lol!

Latest posts

Back