Ok, All You Avid Readers.....You Gotta Know About This

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharmedMinis

Reaction score
Well since it seems most of you don't know about this I will tell you.

There is a really cool club called PaperBackSwap. They have 2 memberships, one is free, the other is $8 per year. And it doesn't just include paperbacks, it also includes hardbacks and audio books of all kinds.

You don't pay for any books, you just swap with other members. It's really easy and fun!!!

The site explains it better than I can, I've been a member for almost a year now and have saved over $100 from not buying books at the store.

Just click the linky dink that's in my signature, it will take you to the front page for PaperBackSwap, then just click the "how it works" button on the left
default_yes.gif
:

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks really cool!!! I normally just give my books away. Gave a bag to my farrier yesterday. Thanks for sharing!! I joined!

I am extremely upset! I was so interested...until I read that it is a US only club
default_sad.png
I can't join!

Great idea...but I assume you have to give up books to get them, and I can never part with books -- even paperbacks...can you say floor to ceiling books?

i just went and posted 9 books! hope this works
default_smile.png

susanne oh my if i kept all my books i would have to buy a seperate house lol. thing is you cant even donate paperbacks to libraries anymore. No one wants them!

That's my problem kay, as anyone who has seen our place can testify...I'm usually reading 3-5 books at any given time. My only salvation is that some are library books and others borrowed from friends or family, thus having a home other than mine!

What a good idea! For years now I've gone to trade-a-book type places. I take a bag or 2 in and walk out with about as many. Great way to get books at a reduced price. I haven't bought 5 "new" books in as many years.

Do you other avid readers keep track of what you've read? I have a stack of index cards (by author) with the books listed with *** to indicate whether or not I liked it. Take them with me every time I go to the book store so I don't walk out with something I've already read (works most of the time).

I added my 1st 9 books, got my 3 credits and have used all 3 of them already on books I've requested!!! I went into a box of books that I never unpacked when we moved here 7 years ago. I added another 30 books!!! So far, no one has requested any of my books. I want more credits!!!! This is too much fun!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Oooh so glad you all are having fun!!!
default_yes.gif
:

Couple tips........the more books you have listed, the more your books will be requested. I have about 130 books listed and I get a request about once a week, some weeks are slow.

My other favorite thing is the Wishlist, I have a list of books that I want that are not yet available through the system. When a book on my wish list becomes available the system alerts me and I can request it.

There is also a part in your account where you can keep track of the books you've read, and books on your "to be read list".

There are also discussion forums and a game section where you can earn points on games. I haven't gotten into that yet, but some of them look fun.

Also look into the "box of books" section, that's the $8 a year one, and it enables you to trade with other members even if you don't have any credits.

I'm sorry to those of you in Canada, but this site is always improving itself and adding things, so maybe in the near future. For now I think it's because the site has a deal going with the US Postal Service so that shipping is cheaper, they probably haven't figured out how to incorporate Canada yet.

I joined - and glad you are getting credit for it.

Thanks for the link - this could be really great.

Just to think - 7 years ago I donate 100 BOXES of BOOKS to a library and they got rid of them! Would have loved to have belonged then --- hardback and paperback books --
default_wacko.png
:

JJay

Very cool site! Thanks for posting about it. I did join and already wrapped up two books to be sent out tomorrow and two more on Wish Lists to go soon too.

ive sent out two also! it is fun the only thing i dont like is how long it takes to get a book. I ordered some the first day i joined and it says delivery by 9-18!!!

Oooh YAY, told you it was fun
default_yes.gif
:

Media Mail takes longer, that's why it's cheaper.

The longest I've had to wait for a book was 3 weeks. They usually get here in about 10 business days.

Latest posts

Back