Officially on mare stare - here we go AGAIN!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle_E.

Reaction score
Some of you may remember my mare Abby last year who showed signs of foaling for approximately 3 weeks, up and down like a yoyo in that department only to lose the foal in the end, the foal didn't make it out of the sac. Well this year I am equipped with video camera, etc. etc. I don't want a repeat of last year. My first mare who wasn't due till mid-May had her foal on April 24th :new_shocked: and thank goodness she had no problems because she had previously lost a foal the same way with a former owner. Now I have my fingers crossed, my toes crossed that Abby goes the same route as Crystal, picture perfect foaling with absolutely no complications BUT THIS TIME I WANT TO BE IN ATTENDANCE. My heart can't take anymore surprise foals presenting themselves UNANNOUNCED!!! Abby is doing the exact same thing as last year, bagged up, clear sticky liquid, etc. etc. She is not technically due for another two weeks or so but I just don't know if this is going to be her pattern with foaling. She went 319 days last time but if she foals soon it's going to be earlier than that :new_shocked: I am already exhausted because of lack of sleep with our puppy we picked-up on Friday (Golden Retriever) and the 3 kittens that were born here, thank goodness they leave this weekend so a bit of respite to the shannanigans in the middle of the night. So Karen Basner if you are out there, say a prayer for Abby, she wants a baby soooo bad, she keeps trying to steal Crystal's.

Danielle, wishing you the best with Abby this year. Keep us posted please.
default_smile.png

Debi

Have you thought about connecting your camera to a computer and having it talk to the internet so that others can be watching your mare too? I have my cam hosted on www.marestare.com and that was the best thing that I have ever done. The folks at marestare will get you up and running in no time. The people watching are incredible - and believe me if your mare is in labour and you aren't there - you will get phone calls galore.

Marestare.com is the best and I would recommend it to anyone that wants to ensure their foaling season goes as smoothly as possible.

DANI, I'm behind on reading messages, but I certainly will hope and pray for a textbook delivery for Abby this time. You and she surely deserve that. Don't forget to call me with the happy news!
default_yes.gif
:

I'm still on mare stare here too, for a pasture bred mare who might look "due" forever.
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back