Official AMHR measurement needed ASAP HELP needed this week

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Timber Buck

Reaction score
I was planning to show in the Shelbyville show, but wanted to be sure we can qualify with height and I am not sure I am measuring correctly. Does anyone know an AMHR official that can do a measurement for me this week if possible??
default_frusty.gif
I am in SE TN but can travel a little to do the measurement. I would REALLY appreciate it. THANKS!!

You measure by the last hair on the withers. Find a flat spot, on cement would be best. If you are under 38" - you are good to go.

They do have a steward if it is an AMHR show, just remember to only measure twice - if over, walk away. :')

A little more detail would be helpful, such as, are you thinking your horse will go over 38"s? I can tell you this, if you enter 3

under and your horse measures over, you can change your classes, I've done this before, it's no problem, and if they measure under and you have entered over you can change classes. If you think they may go over 38"s then only have them measure in twice then walk away or you may have your papers pulled.

Despite having two measuring sticks I usually measure mine big at home. If you do not have a stick you can use a yardstick and a level, all the other advice is good.

You don't really need an offical to measure your horse, find someone in your area that can help you with it. You might be able to find someone close and make a new mini friend too.

I wish I could get a local club started. The closest one is in conyers GA. There is the TN miniature horse volunteers that I am a part of but I would like to start one to have regular shows and whatnot. Thanks everyone!

Latest posts

Back