OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Down 1 pound. Still hanging in there.
default_smile.png

Down 1lb this week. Seems like the reward does not match the effort. As long as I don't plateau I'll be feeling pretty good this time next year
yes.gif
losing was so much easier when I was younger!!!

Down 1lb this week. Seems like the reward does not match the effort. As long as I don't plateau I'll be feeling pretty good this time next year
yes.gif
losing was so much easier when I was younger!!!
1 pound is GREAT... wonderful right in line with proper healthy weight loss. Too fast equals not healthy...

... wish me luck girls, I have to weigh in tomorrow. Terribly stressful week , trying to stay faithful here but it has been very difficult... I have been munching on frozen bananas. LOL. I really did want icecream. I went to the fair with my kids over the weekend and skipped the icecream. It was soooooo hard to do especially watching them all eat theirs. . I was glad I did it, but I really wanted it, but couldn't handle the points overload it would have taken. I bought myself a silver necklace instead...

talk to you tomorrow..Adair

Well, it's been a very long time sense I have posted. But I have lost 30lbs sense December.

Well, it's been a very long time sense I have posted. But I have lost 30lbs sense December.
whoooo hoooooo !!!!
default_aktion033.gif
Have any tips to share? That is a terrific amount of weight. . thanks for sharing!!!!
default_laugh.png

Success is motivating for everybody to stay strong and keep trying....

Adair

Thanks Adair, my fingers are crossed for your weigh-in tomorrow. YAY for your will power, Ice Cream is a tough one! my husband stopped at DQ the other day after a horse show but I was able to pass. (that's a first for me, he's my enabler) So YAY for us!! I've learned that one slip-up can ruin my 1lb loss.

Congrats MARKADOODLE! I hope to one day be able to say that.
yes.gif

Have a nice night all!

~Amy

Hi .
saludando.gif

Looks like every one is doing a great job getting healthy! Markadoodle, 30 pounds--- wow.
aktion033.gif

Read about so many 1 lbs. losses posted lately that when I had my weigh in, I was down 1 lb. too. All those 1 pounds have added up to close to 24 down for me!

Went new clothes shopping, but just could not find any thing that looks right
no.gif
. All my old pants are suffering "baggy butt syndrome". On the up side, I rediscovered my solar plexus when searching for a way to hold my bra up higher. I am happy to say, Women's size clothes are to big on me. Sadly, Ladies XL pants feel too tight . May be next Week!

My hubby was gone for a whole week. I was good, and stuck to my new life style choices. When I wanted to munch out on bad stuff, I got up and re -arranged some furniture. That lead to moving some pieces to the next room. Which lead to... Pretty soon most of the rooms were in chaos. So then I spent a few days trying different looks in each one. Of course, I had to clean after moving things around. Finally decided I liked the old ways better, so every thing moved back into it's old place. Ever done that? At least, I managed not to snack, got lots of weight bearing exercise, and did some fall cleaning early!!!

Have a good week every one. It is nice to be in this together!
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everybody... I weighed in today and it is 1 pound lost for me too... It was a one pound kind of week for all of us...LOL

At least is is down, I am happy with that. I have been losing steadily for 21 weeks now. I am almost at 20%.

Melinda, great job of distracting yourself from no snacking...
default_aktion033.gif
I know what you mean about baggy butt syndrome. I have it in my clothes and in my butt too... haha. I went shopping the first time and my old clothes were too big and the new ones were too small, then I went back 2 weeks later and I was satisfied with the fit of the new clothes. I thought I had hit my goal weight, but decided not to set it yet... This is where I wanted to be until I got here, now I would like to try to be a bit smaller now that I am on a roll.

I have been heading down to the barn for the evening and that is working for me. Too tired when I get home to snack.

I did discover there is only 6 points difference between weight loss 29 points and maintenance points of 35 points. I guess with that close between losing weight and maintaining weight, tracking what you are eating can be really important so you know what foods work for you and which do not... ... Hope that makes sense.

It is nice to be in this together
default_wub.png
You got that right Melinda..

Best wishes ladies and stay strong
default_aktion033.gif

Your right Adair, it takes very little to go from losing to maintaining (then heaven forbid..gaining), just a few little snacks can really throw the whole week. As for the baggy pants... I sure would love to have a little more "baggy" in my jeans! right now there full of bum.
wacko.gif
I went to my first horse show last weekend and felt like I was the only "chunky" person there. I thought I was going to have a heart attack running around in that heat! My little horse was so good though, it was a fun way to get exercise.

Weighed in today, Yippee, my first week with a 2lb loss
biggrin.gif
I don't mind losing 1lb a week but having a 2lb week was really nice. I'm feeling good. Trying not to focus on the 70-80 lbs I need to lose.

Weighed in today, Yippee, my first week with a 2lb loss
biggrin.gif
I don't mind losing 1lb a week but having a 2lb week was really nice. I'm feeling good. Trying not to focus on the 70-80 lbs I need to lose.

Yup, focus on the small wins not the long term goal, it will come in time. I never thought I would lose this much when I started last march... I just tried to stay focused on the small increments and keep going in the right direction rather than the bundle I had to lose. That is why ww has you pick small goals. 5lb, 10%, etc... small goals so you stay motivated to keep it up... I managed to do ok at a family gathering yesterday. Those outings are a challenge to stay strong especially when they have a dessert buffet. LOL, I did stay away from the cheese cake, I pointed out cheese cake once, and may never allow myself a piece again.
default_new_shocked.gif
Unless it was a tiny piece that is...

take care and thanks for checking in.

Adair

This was posted to my sewing forum, if its not appropriate feel free to delete it...

What is a calorie?

Calories are the little ba$tard$ that get into your wardrobe at night

and sew your clothes tighter.

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE $HITS

Too funny!

This was posted to my sewing forum, if its not appropriate feel free to delete it...

What is a calorie?

Calories are the little ba$tard$ that get into your wardrobe at night

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE $HITS

Ok, so is this more PC version acceptable, if not go ahead and delete it, too.

What is a calorie?

Calories are the little brats that get into your wardrobe at night

MY CLOSET IS INFESTED WITH THE LITTLE GUYS.

Weigh in day for me. I lost another 1.6 pounds. It was a brutal week on the farm here, hot weather, no rain and too much work so I got plenty of exercise and choose not to eat those extra earned points. I am sticking with the 29 points daily and not dipping into my extra points.

I had a doctors apt today and the nurse didn't recognize me from the back as I was walking down the hall. LOL I enjoyed that weigh in today at both ww and my doctors. At the end of my doctors apt, the nurse was asking me about weight watchers for herself. LOL, that is funny somehow.

20% total weight loss in 20 weeks. I'll take it.

Stay strong ladies, I am a former snack a holic and was the original cookie monster and I ate ice cream every day. I feel better, snack in moderation and am determined to see this journey through. i am within my goal range, but still want to lose a bit more before I decide on what I want my goal weight to be for ww maintenance.

Take care, check in and tell us how your week went.
default_wub.png

Your Success motivates me! My husband is not happy with the "lifestyle changes" I've been making, such as skim milk, and other calorie cutting changes I've been making. But we BOTH need a healthier diet/weight and need less fat in our diets. I guess I just need to ease him into it a bit more gently. Tonight I made "diet" deviled eggs and they were a disappointment. I have been overall pleased and satisfied with my changes otherwise, and look forward to my weekly weigh-in's and hearing about the success you all are experiencing, and even your struggles, after all we are in this together! I hope everyone has a great losing week!!
yes.gif

My "success story" this week was another loss...not a weight loss, just a FLOP!
default_yes.gif
I GAINED another 2.5 pounds. Again, no excuses, other than made poor eating choices, so is not disappointing, because it was expected. I had my cousing and her daughter here visiting from out of province this week, so I never watched what I ate at all! NO EFFORT into it at all, so I really truely expected it.
default_yes.gif
But that's OK, life goes on. There's always next week.
default_yes.gif

Keep up the great work Shorthorsemom and Frostymeadows!
default_aktion033.gif

It's frustrating that it is SOOO easy to gain 2.5 lbs but so hard to lose it. We still have a long way to catch up with you Mona, on your loss. Just please don't do what I did and let one week off turn into 3years off (and 70 lbs over weight)
unsure.gif

Latest posts

Back