OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta say, that it was not all bad that my regular blender broke, my hand blender mixes up a smoothie just as nicely and its so much easier to clean up.

The other day we were in town and stopped at the second hand store, they had a new in the box hand blender for $15, so now I have two.

Hi Ladies,

Glad every one is armed again with blenders if they want them. Honestly, I do not think I could stay away from ice cream with out my smoothies.

Well, my weight loss nose dived this week.
sad.gif
Gained 1/4 lb. according to WW scales. But I think I know why. I started not eating as many veggies, but ate more fruits. Guess I figured, they have no points so they were interchangeable. Wrong, at least for me. I started getting very hungry!! Tried to just have good choices but I must have eaten too many of them. The sugar in the fruits were triggering my cravings and, with out the bulk of the veggies in me, I eat more fruits!

So tonight, I ate lots of steamed veggies with my baked, skinless chicken breast. Still plan on my smoothie later, but will just put in strawberries, leave out the banana.

Guess weight loss is a journey, with little hills and valleys all along the way.

Ladies, let's just keep walking on and enjoy each other's input along the way.
488.gif

Wishing every one a good week.

I am down another 1.4 lbs this week. I went clothes shopping and for the first time in years bought something in a medium size. It felt great. I found that when I eat my fruit I need to pair the fruit with a protein and I don't get the cravings. I typically eat 5-10 almonds every time I eat a fruit and that keeps me satisfied with not eating icecream and not getting the cravings. (no more than 20 almonds in a day)...And I totally agree, the veggies are very important too. if I don't eat my huge mostly all lettuce salad daily I don't drop down in weight either. I think the salad is important if you like lettuce. I also snack on those little edamame thingys (soy beans I think). I don't eat the pod.
default_new_shocked.gif
You can eat quite a few for a point and again the are protein and low fat and help balance any spikes.

Yup, hills and valleys...

Don't worry about them too much, just think, you can fluctuate a pound or two during the day. I was weighing morning and night for awhile and was stunned at the fluxuaiton in 24 hours....

off to go eat my smoothie now, I really need one.

PS, the weight watchers icecream is really good, those chocolate fudge bars for a point are awesome. Finally a one point ice cream bar..
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi ladies, Sorry it doesn't sound like it was a stellar week for weight loss for everyone, but it's sounds wonderful to be in a med (shorthorsemom) I dream of that day!

I had to fly out of town for 5 days for a funeral and my diet went out the window... I have not weighed but will tomorrow, I doubt the news will be good. Today was my birthday and I was not going anywhere near a scale!!!
wacko.gif

Hi ladies, Sorry it doesn't sound like it was a stellar week for weight loss for everyone, but it's sounds wonderful to be in a med (shorthorsemom) I dream of that day!

I had to fly out of town for 5 days for a funeral and my diet went out the window... I have not weighed but will tomorrow, I doubt the news will be good. Today was my birthday and I was not going anywhere near a scale!!!
wacko.gif
Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday!!!!!
default_birthday.gif

Hang in there and don't worry. Don't forget, you can take a "pass" for weigh in , nobody should have to weigh in on their birthday, Take care! Adair

Happy birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday!!!!!
default_birthday.gif

Hang in there and don't worry. Don't forget, you can take a "pass" for weigh in , nobody should have to weigh in on their birthday, Take care! Adair
Thanks Adair!! The cake was really yummy but I climbed on the scale this morning and I gained 3lbs last week. Good grief it sure is easier to gain than to lose!!! I sure wish I didn't LOVE food so darn much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FrostyMeadows! Yes, it really is sooo easy to gain...sure wish the losing was as easy! Whoever came up with the saying "easy come, easy go", definitely was not referring to body weight! LOL!
default_biggrin.png

I had a 2 pound loss this week.

birthday.gif
Happy late Birthday FrostyMeadows.

I thought the Birthday Fairy waved a wand over every Birth Day Cake, removing all the fattening stuff, and making the cake taste better than ever!!! Please do not tell me I am wrong!

I am afraid I have not lost any pounds, maybe gained. Been sticking to my plan, but I feel slugish and not walking as much. This HEAT! My weigh in is Thursday, so I have some time to maybe sweat some off.

Mona... glad you shot down those 2 pounds again!
new_2gunsfiring_v1.gif

And a Medium size Adair! Nice to go shopping again, and find some variety, isn't it? If I keep trying, maybe I'll get there by Thanksgiving.

Up or down win or lose...no matter what we do... it still is very much fun to be in this together ladies... keep the string and stories alive... keep up the good work too..., IMO we are still eating better and being aware of what we are eating and that is half the battle right there.

Yup, so much easier to gain than lose frosty meadows... I think my second battle will be when I get to my goal weight and trying to maintain it, .....there is a cookie monster lurking within me somewhere...I just know it....

I haven't been walking much this week. yucky summer cold and asthma kicking in and now I have an upper resp. infection... and too much work and stress on my job.

ugh, I really really want a cookie right now.
default_impatient.jpg
LOL.

Hang in there Adair !

Sorry to hear you are under the weather.
no.gif

It is tough to want some comfort foods right now. Tea just does not help like we think a cookie can. Do you have any WW goodies on hand? I know there is no such thing as "just 1 cookie". I am a comfort food junkie and when I feel bad, ("getting the dropsies" as we say here), I really crave sweets. But I now know what that can lead to. I know you can make wise choices, you have been doing that for quite a while now.

I guess... have one, if you really want it, after figuring up it's points. Somedays I skip that smoothie so I can have a glass of skim milk and a couple of ginger snaps. The milk, combined with the ginger, makes me sleepy and relaxed. It is worth the 3 pts. per 4 small cookies to me . I try to have 2, then wait 20 min., then eat 2 more, unless I am already doing something else... like falling asleep watching the late news. So... hang in there girl! You are one of my role models on here!
yes.gif

I resisted the cookie
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
Guess I didn't really want it anyway. I try real hard not to get into the comfort eating, that is what sent me on the spiral, eating sweets because I was bummed out or stressed. Last year was really tough for me and that is what happened.

I usually have ww snacks on hand, but I am out of them... I can point out some other snack or go buy some of those mini ice cream treats I enjoy.

To relieve myself of the cookie craving I made myself a big smoothie with chunks of raspberries in it and that did the trick. I ate some popcorn on top of the smoothie and couldn't eat anything the rest of the night I was so full, and had a few points left over.

Thanks Melinda for the nice words. I am missing my weigh in today at ww at work, I decided I needed a sick day to get over this crud and let the antibiotics work to make me feel better. Work was awful yesterday and a friend of ours had died last weekend and I went to her viewing on Sunday but missed her funeral service on Monday because we are head over heels busy on my job and I need that job and I was afraid to take off the time. Then my manager got mad at me yesterday and all I could think of was that I should have taken off for the funeral service. amazing how the little things can add up to equal a cookie craving by the end of the day. I am totally trying to break that cycle of eating sweets to feel better. guess I need to create a support group called cookies anonomous
default_aktion033.gif
Every day can be a day of success.

cheers ladies...
default_xbud.gif

IMO we are still eating better and being aware of what we are eating and that is half the battle right there.
This is the truest statement ever, or at least what I have personally found to be true. Even when I am bad, at least now I really think about it and consciously make the decision to eat eat, vs before when I just ate it. Now, sometimes I pass on it, sometimes I eat it anyway, knowing it is not a good choice, but at least I am aware and easier to talk myself out of it knowing it.
default_yes.gif

I am being "bad" these days...well, sometimes...I am stuck at the same weight, tho, which is of course because I have not done anything to "change" it.
default_rolleyes.gif

Like Mona said...at least now I am aware of what I am eating...even if sometimes it was not a good choice...lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Being stuck at home 24/7 (except when Deb is not on call and we can go somewhere, which isn't very often) really gets boring...and I watch a lot of TV. Because it is hot outside, I only go out when I need to (in the morning to take care of horses and then in the evening to take care of them)...and for a minute or so during the day to take dogs out to potty. I wish I had some sort of exercise equipment here...I would use it.
default_unsure.png

We are planning on moving (again...HA!) in the fall, so I am hoping it will be A) closer to town and B)less expensive so I can finally get a car, which will begin the process of me being able to get a job again and be able to go to a gym to work out! Living so far from town with no vehicle really does suck!!
default_sad.png

I also really want to get back into dragon boating...miss it a lot, but again I need a car to be able to get to practices. *sigh*

But, on the plus side...I have not gained!!
default_wink.png

Hey, I lost another 3 pounds in the last month or so.... hot dog!!! We also have a walking program at work that I have joined to just keep me going.
default_biggrin.png

Congrats Laurie... Hope the move goes well Linda! I wish we could move but can't sell our house.

I've been pretty good this week
default_smile.png
I am really inspired by this site, when I feel like snacking in the afternoon I stop and think about how it's going to feel when I have to post another "gain" and how i felt when I read that Adair is a size Med. (I really want that!! ) It helps me say NO. Also when I was at the grocery store and the candy bar was calling out to me "buy me" at the check out, I thought about how quick I would eat it, then it would be gone and was it really worth a couple minutes of comfort? NO.

You guys are really helping me, I am actually looking forward to this weeks weigh-in on Friday.

Thank you for your support and lets all have a losing week.
aktion033.gif

CONGRATS on your loss Laurie, and on your "holding" Linda! Frosty Meadows, this thread is what really inspired me to lose too, knowing that I would have to come back to report in.

Hi every body.

Back from weigh -in at Weight Watchers tonight. I guess slow is how I have to lose it, now that I am not in my youth. (Am in 2nd. childhood though). I lost this week, 1.6 pounds so their total for me is 17.6# so far in 7 wks.

That does not sound like much to me, but then I thought about Adair's comment awhile back. 1 # = 4 sticks of butter. So I have lost 70 sticks of butter
aktion033.gif
. When I add the 3# I lost after first starting to post here before joining WW,, you ladies have helped me drop....82 sticks of butter
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I agree... we are all trying to change our life styles and eat more healthy foods, losing weight or not. I can tell my body is doing better, sleeping better, moving better, fitting into my clothes better. I love this thread for helping me to do that.
wub.gif
Reading your thoughts and learning about your lives a little, makes me feel like we are in this together. It is so hard to do it alone.

I work in a Health Club, love my job, but I am surrounded by very fit and healthy, beautiful, younger co-workers. I can not help but feel a bit dowdy sometimes. So let me share!!! The other day, a new member, a very nice looking man about my age,...asked me if I was married!...He had noticed that I did not wear a wedding ring, and he asked me out. Of coursed, I said I was very thrilled to be asked, but that my husband Tom would probably not approve of my dating him. Later I realized that even though I still have a lot of weight to lose, I feel better about my self and others are noticing.
yes.gif
I grinned a lot that day!

That's great Melinda!.... for some reason I'm suddenly craving butter?
biggrin.gif

I feel like i am invisible, except when people make fun of me. I have heard some pretty mean remarks at the gym, I work out at home now. It's so nice to feel attractive, I'm happy for you!

quote name='Melinda Dean' timestamp='1311303642' post='1391018']

Hi every body.

Back from weigh -in at Weight Watchers tonight. I guess slow is how I have to lose it, now that I am not in my youth. (Am in 2nd. childhood though). I lost this week, 1.6 pounds so their total for me is 17.6# so far in 7 wks.

That does not sound like much to me, but then I thought about Adair's comment awhile back. 1 # = 4 sticks of butter. So I have lost 70 sticks of butter
aktion033.gif
. When I add the 3# I lost after first starting to post here before joining WW,, you ladies have helped me drop....82 sticks of butter
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I agree... we are all trying to change our life styles and eat more healthy foods, losing weight or not. I can tell my body is doing better, sleeping better, moving better, fitting into my clothes better. I love this thread for helping me to do that.
wub.gif
Reading your thoughts and learning about your lives a little, makes me feel like we are in this together. It is so hard to do it alone.

I work in a Health Club, love my job, but I am surrounded by very fit and healthy, beautiful, younger co-workers. I can not help but feel a bit dowdy sometimes. So let me share!!! The other day, a new member, a very nice looking man about my age,...asked me if I was married!...He had noticed that I did not wear a wedding ring, and he asked me out. Of coursed, I said I was very thrilled to be asked, but that my husband Tom would probably not approve of my dating him. Later I realized that even though I still have a lot of weight to lose, I feel better about my self and others are noticing.
yes.gif
I grinned a lot that day!

Hey Ladies, everybody is doing GREAT.... slow is the way to lose, average will mostly be 1-2 lbs a week on ww, less than one pound is ok too. It really adds up over time. Once you get over 5 lbs lost start counting in bags of sugar. LOL... it really works! Pick up a bag of sugar and say to yourself, hey, that was on me...

We are in it together.

I used to go to a gym but felt dumpy next to the ladies who don't sweat, working out in the stretch leotards looking like a size zero. It wasn't motivational at all. Trying to exercise with all the extra weight aboard made me sore and my feet hurt and one day my knee turned and I was off for 5 months, so I now walk alot and lift around the house and barn and consider the vacuum an exercise piece of equipment. I still can't seem to get the gut off the rest of the way, but I guess that will come in time. I weighed in this morning at 124 down from 157 starting weight. I am happy with that. I am 4 foot 11 inches and all that extra weight was killing me. I lumbered when I walked. I have a funny story... My mom brought me a sweatshirt back from her vacation last week. She bought it in a jumbo size and says, to me "I tried it on, it fit me, so it should be big enough to fit you"... I didn't say anything and she didn't comment on my weight loss. She hasn't seen me since before I started the ww plan. Last night she calls and says, "Did you try on the sweatshirt, and did it fit you".. I said , "it's too big mom", she was baffled and says again. "but it fit me good, why wouldn't it fit you?".... LOL. I get to deliver the punch line and say "because I have lost weight", she says... Oh? I noticed you lost a little, how much weight did you lose? I say 33 lbs.. and there is silence on the phone... she says... what? 3 point 3 pounds did you say? I say... no, 33 pounds lost..... LOL, you could have heard a pin drop. My mom used to get on me about my weight... It was fun being able to say that.... chuckle. All she said was that she gained weight on weight watchers... sorry gals, just had to share... It felt good, kind of like being asked out on a date at the gym... wink, totally cool....

stick to it, everybody stay strong and keep posting!!!!!

Adair

That is an inspiring story Adair, My mom has hounded me about my weight since I was a teenager (and a size 8) She is tiny...I'm surprised she triggers automatic doors! So I will really enjoy telling her I've lost weight, although I'm sure it will never be enough. I think size 12 would be appropriate for my body but that's a long way off. I'd really like to just enjoy life and not think about food and calories so much.

Latest posts

Back