OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
Could a moderator please put this on the TOP, so we can keep it for our weekly "weigh ins"??

It is Monday, March 15th, 2010...Please weigh yourself and write it down (you don't have to post it here!). You can tell us how much you think you want to lose or give details on what you did this next week or share recipes...whatever! This is OUR little LB "weight watchers" place to come for venting, sharing and support!
default_smile.png

I want to truthfully lose 67 lbs. It will be hard, but I have done it before...I am ready! Here we go.......
default_saludando.gif

It is Monday, March 15th, 2010. My goal is to lose 50 lbs to start with. It will be hard, but I am ready to give it a shot!
default_luck.gif

Thanks Linda for starting this, and to everyone participating. It helps to have others working alongside you to reach a common goal.
default_luck.gif
to ALL!

Last edited by a moderator:
My goal is 15 pounds and to start walking again for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.

I weigh 190lbs this morning, dressed but no shoes. I want to go back down to 125lbs. So, that would be 65lbs I need to lose. I think the method I will use is to wright down EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. That includes my foot!
default_rolleyes.gif

I weigh today dressed without shoes 181.6 lbs and I want to lose another 30 pounds so from when I started that is 60 lbs, I have already lost 30 lbs. It will be hard but worth it. Good Luck to everybody.

Hi Girls
default_saludando.gif
I feel that those of you who posted your weight are very brave and my hats off to you. That's a number between me and God and the

Weight Watcher Leader, ha ha. Anyways, I've decided to embark on an ever lower goal so I have a 30 pounds I'd like to get rid of. So, next Monday

we will report our losses or gains? Good luck everyone----we are worth it!!!
default_biggrin.png

To start, I would like to lose the 20lbs. that I gained after I quit smoking 4 yrs. ago. Recently i've been faithfully using my treadmill, I went 3 miles today
default_risa8.gif
.The hardest part of the day for me is between 4-6 o'clock, we have a regular visitor that stops in almost every night and leaves around 6:30 so we are usually eating after that which I hate. I'll have to keep telling myself NO when I want to start picking and snacking at that time.

Okay - I'm going to play, too!
default_saludando.gif

I lost 10 pounds in January - but then didn't do too well. Luckily I haven't gained it back, so I at least get to start where I quit. My first "big" goal is to lose 35 pounds. But I like to set small goals for myself - so I'll be happy when I lose 5 more!

This will be fun doing it together and should be easier to be more active now that the weather is getting better.

Barbara

I hope it's ok to be a part of this, but mine isn't really about weight,,,although 10 pounds would be a nice part of it.

Mine is about eating right, healthy, my diet is rediculous!!

In the morning I have a pot of coffee, drink about 4 diet pepsi's the rest of the day. No water!! Usually have 2 pieces of jelly toast for breakfast. If at work, I go to BK almost always. If my day off, microwave pizza. So the only dairy I get is from the cheese on the pizza, if that counts, and my only vegetable is the fries!!

I told you it was bad.
default_sad.png

I started today, small changes. I had 2 cups of coffee, a full glass of water, and smaller glass of OJ for breakfast and 2 boiled eggs as I love them!! Still went to BK, but at least I got chicken.
default_smile.png

Count me in too Linda!

I want to be back down to 125-130lbs, where I looked and felt healthy. So I have roughly 40-50lbs to go...

monday when I weighed myself, I need to lose 45 lbs to feel better. I am still struggling with not eating between meals. I need to go pick up more fruit. anyway this post will be good for me. good luck to everyone

Can I still join?? Oh gosh...I hope so, maybe this will help me lose a pound or two. No, truthfully, over winter I have really REALLY packed on more weight, on top of my already heavy weight. I need to lose about 80-90 lbs, and that sure wont be easy, plus I would feel so much more better. Good luck everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would LOVE to join.........We don't own a scale (yet)........I'm guessing I need to lose 40 to 50 lbs.

Me Too! Me Too! (that was for you MA ;-) )

I have always prided myself on staying fit.........til the last 5 years or so anyway. I am at the heaviest that I have ever been and need to "get healthy" again. Just recently I feel as though I have started a new chapter in my life, and along with the support of all of the LB'ers, its time I move in the right direction with my health as well!

So, I plan to lose 35-40 lbs. I have started walking on my lunch breaks and eating more fruit (which is hard for me). My weigh in days will be Saturday mornings. Still working on getting up the guts to post my actual weight, but huge kudos to those that have.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Gosh thanks for pinning this and somehow I missed it!!! Doh!

Count me in... yes, those that posted their weight are VERY brave!! I would like to lose 40 pounds, or close to it. Oh great, we have a potluck at work tomorrow- not a very good way to start this off, but I will make myself behave.

One more week and I will have enough time in after my surgery that I can start using my excercise bike!! I have not picked up a new scale yet either, but will make SURE I stop tomorrow and get one!

Here we go... we can do it!!!

Well, since we're all being so truthful here, I will tell you that I'm actually afraid to lose weight. I know I need to lose at least 60 pounds (which DISGUSTS me even saying it), but I'm "afraid" to start because of all the times I've successfully lost weight over the years through various means (Weight Watchers, Herbal Magic, etc.), and then put all of it plus a LOT back on. Even over the last few months, if I lose three, I'll put on four. I could write a book on all the excuses I have, but I really do think they're valid.
default_wink.png
I am sooo stressed out over so many things, and I know I eat for "comfort". Even now, with a wedding date looming on the near horizon, I'm finding it very difficult to make a serious start towards weight loss. I know all the things I "should" be doing, but I just can't get started.

Does anyone have a good swift kick for me?
default_biggrin.png

Well, since we're all being so truthful here, I will tell you that I'm actually afraid to lose weight. I know I need to lose at least 60 pounds (which DISGUSTS me even saying it), but I'm "afraid" to start because of all the times I've successfully lost weight over the years through various means (Weight Watchers, Herbal Magic, etc.), and then put all of it plus a LOT back on. Even over the last few months, if I lose three, I'll put on four. I could write a book on all the excuses I have, but I really do think they're valid.
default_wink.png
I am sooo stressed out over so many things, and I know I eat for "comfort". Even now, with a wedding date looming on the near horizon, I'm finding it very difficult to make a serious start towards weight loss. I know all the things I "should" be doing, but I just can't get started.
Does anyone have a good swift kick for me?
default_biggrin.png

I know exactly how you feel. It's so hard when you have tried so many different diets and even if you are successful the weight seems to find you, like a long lost friend. I definitely eat for comfort, stress, boredom, you name it. I started back on the road to eating healthy last August but was getting discouraged because the pounds weren't coming off so I decided to rejoin WW and have been seeing good results. It is a day to day struggle for me to make the right choices but I can honestly say that my body is feeling so much better and my blood pressure is very good.

I see it this way, "Brief Pleasures, Long Regrets". Our bodies will thank us for doing this!!!
default_smile.png

Well, I did a sneak weigh in ... and ... it is working!

This week I made a crock pot base recipe of chicken vegetable soup. No recipe just threw in what I had. This has been my lunch for most of the week and my snacking is getting under control.

One thing I haven't done totally right is my walking. I started with my little dog last Tuesday. I admit I carry her most the way. Well, we walked that one day and the day after she was limping. I don't think it was from walking. I think she must have jumped off the furniture and hurt her leg. It is ok now. I'm actually thinking of making her a sling to carry her. She weighs about 10 pounds; she doesn't do hills or going away from home. I've walked two times this week for 30 minutes each time. Guess I will go do my walking now to make it three and I guess I will carry Maggie along.

Way to go everyone that's started their weight loss program. And, those souls brave enough to post their weights, not I.

I hope it's ok to be a part of this, but mine isn't really about weight,,,although 10 pounds would be a nice part of it.Mine is about eating right, healthy, my diet is rediculous!!

In the morning I have a pot of coffee, drink about 4 diet pepsi's the rest of the day. No water!! Usually have 2 pieces of jelly toast for breakfast. If at work, I go to BK almost always. If my day off, microwave pizza. So the only dairy I get is from the cheese on the pizza, if that counts, and my only vegetable is the fries!!

I told you it was bad.
default_sad.png

I started today, small changes. I had 2 cups of coffee, a full glass of water, and smaller glass of OJ for breakfast and 2 boiled eggs as I love them!! Still went to BK, but at least I got chicken.
default_smile.png
I'm with Carolyn, while I could stand to lose about 20#; I really need to work on what I eat. I live 60 miles from the nearest fast food, but I tend to eat too many sweets and garbage snacks, so I'm working on having healthier snacks in the house.

Latest posts

Back