OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple of great stories! Congrats to those still losing and yes I hear it's better to lose it slowly as it stays off better and your body can adjust better to the loss.

My sister is here visiting and we have been really good on our diet- it's fun when you have another to join you in the same goal!

I'd really like to just enjoy life and not think about food and calories so much.
Me too, I would like to enjoy life and not think about food and calories too, I will say that sharing stories and the support from everybody is really the only part that makes this trip to better health enjoyable. I do think that I understand what they said at weight watchers was that people that had a buddy, support of others lose much more weight than people doing this on their own.

My mom used to be tiny, could eat a whole pie every day and be skinny. When she got older she started fighting her weight, I am ashamed to say for awhile I was amused that she had to start counting calories herself and thought that maybe she would finally see things from my point of view.... she tries every latest fad diet. Right now she is trying gluten free diet, but I don't know how she will do that when she eats out 6-7 days a week...

A size 12 sounds like a reasonable goal to shoot for Frosty Meadows... slow and steady, and you will reach your goal I am sure... and when you hit that size 12 you will say... YIPPEEEEE. My goal weight felt so far away back in March and now that it is in reach I can't believe I am getting so close and can't believe that I could lose that much weight. The amazing thing is that I never lost more than 2 lbs a week, I averaged 1-2 lbs. Seems small at first and then you add up the weeks you stay on the plan and it really equals large amounts of weight in a short period of time...

I was happy that I went to a picnic yesterday, ate plenty of decent foods on my power food list and still felt like I had a decent picnic day , I even treated myself to ice cream and was down a half pound this morning... (probably sweated it off, will see if it is real or sweat tomorrow morning)..... I saved almost all my points for the picnic so that helped me stay under 29 and still have a good time eating with everybody. I am starting to get used to corn on the cob without the butter and taking the skin off the chicken so it points out less.. I eat my egg whites in the morning for breakfast and really enjoy them now, my brain is starting to catch on to the better choices and I am not feeling like I am on a "diet" any more...

Stay strong ladies...I do think if you keep it up, your brain finally kicks in and you feel like the new way of eating is "normal" instead of feeling like you are restricted and on a "diet". I am finally getting to the point of not thinking about it so much... well maybe just today....LOL... I think I will always be thinking about it.

I admit that the weight loss has been motivational in its own...once you start losing and know how much work you put into those few pounds, you really want to resist the things that you know will bring it right back.

My tip for today is to think about how you can power in those cheap point foods to feel satisfied...

for example...

For breakfast I eat three egg whites and one ounce of ham, a banana and 5 almonds. That is a big pile of food for 3 points and can last you til lunchtime. I try to think of ways to fill the plate with cheap points to get more out of my day. You can now buy egg whites in a carton (not that eggbeaters crud) but real eggwhites, pasturized. Taste terrific. Easier than wasting all those yokes.

Cheers and stay strong! I weigh in on Tuesday, I missed last week because I was sick, so I have two weeks on board...

PS for those cheese lovers out there... Laughing cow makes a light skinny spreadable cheese in little triangles. They are a point for one triangle and only 35 calories... OH MY they are delicious. I got the reduced fat swiss cheese and used it like butter on my sweet potato. YUM YUM. somebody at ww suggested this as a healthy cheese. "try it, you'll like it...

Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
Adair, even though I am not on the WW plan and don't stay true to the point that you do, I fond so VERY much of what you say in your posts hit home as true for me in my weight loss journey as well, like losing a little each week ads up, and how the noticeable weight loss starts to become a real motivator, and how we start to think of ways to "eat more for less" (ie. filling your plate so it seems like lots, but Points for you, or calories for me, are kept low) etc. I guess no matter what "program" a person sticks to, as long as it's reasonable and they really make an effort to acheieve their goals, it is "doable" without thinking diet. Just changes in eating habits really, at least for me that is how I see it.
default_yes.gif
So yes, everyone hang in there, and keep up the good work! It gets easier as time goes by, so hang in there!
default_aktion033.gif

I GAINED 3 pounds this week, but I am not surprised nor disappointed, because I was knowingly being "bad", throwing caution to the wind. We went to the rodeo and I had my usual bag of cotton candy, the also had a bag of cinnamon and sugar coated mini donuts (which I have never tried before), and also a plate of these rediculously thin cut spiral cut "curly fries", which I have also never seen or tried before but they were delicious! To make it worse, we had a nice ribeye steak supper before going to the rodeo! LOL! SO I can say I "binge ate". I've never done that before, and hope to never again to that extreme. This would not have been a problem for me in years past, as I had a big stomach, but now it is noticably smaller and believe me, I felt sick to my stomach after all that crap in there! I likened it to having a hangover for drinkers! LOL! So even though I enjoyed the food immensely at the time, and I thought about the consequenses of eating it all...gaining the weight that is), I was willing to take that sacrifice.
default_wink.png
I really wasn't anticipating the sick feeling that followed, and that's one I will remember "next time" I think I want to do something so stupid!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

I GAINED 3 pounds this week, but I am not surprised nor disappointed, because I was knowingly being "bad", throwing caution to the wind. We went to the rodeo and I had my usual bag of cotton candy, the also had a bag of cinnamon and sugar coated mini donuts (which I have never tried before), and also a plate of these rediculously thin cut spiral cut "curly fries", which I have also never seen or tried before but they were delicious! To make it worse, we had a nice ribeye steak supper before going to the rodeo! LOL! SO I can say I "binge ate". I've never done that before, and hope to never again to that extreme. This would not have been a problem for me in years past, as I had a big stomach, but now it is noticably smaller and believe me, I felt sick to my stomach after all that crap in there! I likened it to having a hangover for drinkers! LOL! So even though I enjoyed the food immensely at the time, and I thought about the consequenses of eating it all...gaining the weight that is), I was willing to take that sacrifice.
default_wink.png
I really wasn't anticipating the sick feeling that followed, and that's one I will remember "next time" I think I want to do something so stupid!
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png
Sorry your stomach was so upset from the over indulgence, but I got to say, I love those mini donuts (I usually hate cake donuts, but just love the mini ones, and I only have them at fair). I know that feeling, as I've had it occassionally after certain combinations of food.

OH I would love some of those donuts, but my fav is carmal apples. That would help me pick up the 7 pounds I lost.

My weigh in this week was a bit disappointing, I only lost 1 lb. after all I did this week I really thought it would be better. But I'll keep trudging along at least a pound lost is heading in the right direction. ( I thought it was going to be 3lbs) My Dr told me to be patient since I am on meds that slow metabolism and increase appetite.

After exercising today I'm so tired I couldn't even lift a fork to my mouth!!
rolleyes.gif
That has to help my diet!

My weigh in this week was a bit disappointing, I only lost 1 lb. after all I did this week I really thought it would be better. But I'll keep trudging along at least a pound lost is heading in the right direction. ( I thought it was going to be 3lbs) My Dr told me to be patient since I am on meds that slow metabolism and increase appetite.

After exercising today I'm so tired I couldn't even lift a fork to my mouth!!
rolleyes.gif
That has to help my diet!

Frosty Meadows... One pound is GREAT... That is right in line with proper weight loss of 1-2 lbs a week and they say that is the right sort of slow and is sustainable weight loss. Be patient. It will add up over time. Exercising makes me tired too..

Mona.... I know exactly what feeling you are talking about. Everybody has those sort of days. I LOVE the rodeo, haven't been since last year when I won tickets at the outback store... I think when we start giving up sugar then binge, the sugar gives us that yucky feeling. I remember once eating a whole piece of very sweet birthday cake and feeling awful for the entire rest of the night. My body said YUCK at all that sugar, although my brain really really liked it at the time I was eating that corner piece of cake with the extra icing. I splurged and ate a cookie last night. I gave myself 5 points deduction even though the cookie calculated out to three points as a hand slap to myself...... LOL. I make myself laugh. I am totally silly.

I weigh in tomorrow after two weeks, I was sick last week and didn't go to the other location to weigh in because their scale weighs you differently and throws off the balance. My weight these past two weeks has been jumping up and down 3-4 lbs in a day!. Water weight with all the sweating of doing farm work in this heat then I drink it up again.... I hope it is on the down side tomorrow when I weigh in... check back with you all tomorrow on that one.

Stay strong and don't anybody beat yourself up ... Just think how bad we could all get if we weren't aware and working on our healthier eating lifestyles. It's not a diet, what ever you are doing.. more like an awareness and adapting to a healthier lifestyle. Weight watchers isn't for everybody, I am just lucky it is for now working for me...... but I know no matter what we try for ourselves, if we consciously try to change things up for the better, then we are winning no matter what the scale says.

I once got so low I broke up chocolate cookies in a bowl, poured milk on them and ate them like cereal. I hope I never get that low again, I eat under stress... If I feel like doing anything that crazy I am going to post it and you all will hopefully talk me out of it.

Mona and Frosty meadows, thanks ever so much for posting and sharing your week!!!!!

cheers. Adair

PS... Mona.... I totally love the puppy photo in your avatar.. I have three chinese cresteds

Last edited by a moderator:
Is eating an avacado every day bad? I know they have healthy fats, and are about 150 or 250 calories.....but I've found myself having an avacado sandwich for about 2 months. Plus, I'm losing about a pound a week....I'm eating about 1000 calories a day (give or take)...and taking a centrum multi vitaman/ mulit mineral every day, and never feel hungry. I've lost about 30 pounds in the past year and have a ways to go....but at least I'm going in the right direction.

I like your avocado diet idea Seashells! I LOVE avocado but I could not exist on 1000 cal a day
no.gif
Congrats on your weight loss.

I like your avocado diet idea Seashells! I LOVE avocado but I could not exist on 1000 cal a day
no.gif
Congrats on your weight loss.
Thank you frostymeadows. I didn't plan on my eating habit, but after realizing most things in store is "fake food" and learning about "hydronated" stuff (another word for trans fat) in most shelf foods, I can't find myself to eat like when I was younger. We have been eating brocolli, eggs, chicken, basically fresh foods...and it seems to have made a difference.

CONGRATULATIONS ON your success Sheila, and to you too FrostyMeadows, and yes, even one pound a week makes a HUGE difference! It took years to gain the weight, so just think, even after one year of only a 1 pound per week loss, you'll be over 50 punds lighter!! It adds up, and a year is really not a long way off, and as others have said, a gradual but steady loss is the way to go!!
default_aktion033.gif

yippee, down another 2.4 lbs. I'll take it. Very busy on the farm here and that has been helpful to the weight loss program. Take care ladies... everybody is doing great... Yup Mona, you are right, 1 lb a week adds up over time. My weight loss has been slow and steady and averaged 1-2 lbs a week, never more than 2.5 lbs... The 2.4 lbs down this week was two weeks worth of eating right. Slow and steady is sustainable and the healthy way to go... Stay strong... keep motivated.. what ever you are doing... eat right and stick with it.

Hey... new yum yum treat... frozen bananas! Love them. Peal the banana, slice into chunks, put in ziploc and push out extra air and freeze. A yummy summer snack.

CONGRATULATIONS Adair! BTW, do you have a web site? I'd love to see your Cresteds! You can email me pics if you like. I sure do love my little "Monkey" boy (even though he's only 1/2 Crested).
default_wub.png
He is soooo bad and so spoiled rotten, and he sure has us wrapped right around his little toe!
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS Adair! BTW, do you have a web site? I'd love to see your Cresteds! You can email me pics if you like. I sure do love my little "Monkey" boy (even though he's only 1/2 Crested).
default_wub.png
He is soooo bad and so spoiled rotten, and he sure has us wrapped right around his little toe!
default_wink.png
default_yes.gif
Hey Mona, Pm me with your email address and I will send you some photos. My cresteds have hair though, I have powderpuffs. I have black and white, silver and white and all white. I always wanted a pink spotted hairless, but I have too many dogs. Your baby might be 1/2 crested, but looks 100% in that photo. Adair

Adair, just click on the word "email" in my last post...I made it to e a "clickable link", so it will automattically open an email for you.
default_yes.gif

Adair, just click on the word "email" in my last post...I made it to e a "clickable link", so it will automattically open an email for you.
default_yes.gif
Hey Mona, I sent you some photos
default_saludando.gif
I hope they work

Latest posts

Back