OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone is welcome to join in at any time! So welcome "aboard" GrandmaC!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Well, I had a tough time again this week. I have a real "sweet tooth", and found it VERY difficult to stay away from eating like a pig, but I managed! However, I did lose another 3 pounds!
yes.gif
aktion033.gif

good morning everyone, i am so excited as I lost 2 lbs this past week. yeah for me since I hadn't lost or gained anything the last two.

Weaned myself cold turkey from the iced tea with sugar last night. As much as I drink it (several glasses a day) I'd imagine after a couple months that alone will most likely loose me 5 lbs. I'd rather drink water than unsweetened tea. Hopefully I won't get a caffeine withdrawal. Already on my 2nd bottle of water since 3 am. Gotta do what one needs to do. No exaggerating, I drink a LOT of sugared tea daily. Starting today no eating after 5. That ones' going to be hard. It's nearly 10 am and I'm not the least bit hungry. I don't get hungry till 4, sometimes 2. Maybe I should make myself eat just a little something? I'm on a mission to loose the high BP.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm back with my scale and I have lost one more pound...for a total of five....only ten more to go.

I lost one pound this week, didn't do so much walking or exercising and I am off to a sales conference today for 2 days. Staying at a hotel tonight and there will be food served with wine so I will be tempted but I will try to be good. I will also try to go for a walk tomorrow morning before the conference starts but as that is 7:30 am I don't know that I will manage it LOL. GrandmaC you should try eating during the day even though you don't feel hungry, that way you won't get "starving" and eat a whole bunch of "notgoodforyous" I eat a whole bunch of little meals through the day and stop eating at 8 pm. Then I take a glass of water to bed with me and drink it before I go to sleep. If you don't feel like a full meal eat an apple or another piece of fruit that you like, I know you can do it to get your BP down.

Yvonne

I totally spaced the weigh in yesterday....LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif
I got on scale this morning and lost 1/2 lb. I ate on Mother's Day (our family does a brunch). Back on track, so we'll see how things go the rest of this week. I haven't been "bad", just haven't gotten out to walk or anything...I am SOOO busy these days.

Slowly...but at least in the right direction!
default_wink.png

Congrats to all who are doing so well!!
default_aktion033.gif

Lost one pound this week. This is a change in diet and increase in walking that I can stick with. So glad that one more pound came off and I can feel my jeans loosening and more energy.
default_yes.gif

I FINALLY have some good news to report... I'm down 2.5lbs this week
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

I've been drinking TONS of water and walked on the treadmill every other day.

YAHOO!! I lost SIX pounds this week! This was my BEST week yet!
aktion033.gif
I also passed a "milestone", in that this is the first time in many years that I have weighed less than 200 pounds!!! (Mind you, it is only a 1/2 pound under, but under just the same!!) This really feels good and gives strong incentive for me to continue.

CONGRATULATIONS Charley and Pennylane on your weight loss this past week too! I think this is a wonderful aid to have this group checking in here each week!

I am sad....
default_no.gif
I did pretty good all week...then went to 2 different BBQs over the weekend...and gained 2 lbs! WTH....*sigh*

CONGRATS Charley, Pennylane and Mona for your success!! Mona...you are my inspiration that I "can" do this...so I am not giving up...even tho some days I just want to.
default_unsure.png

I am sad....
no.gif
I did pretty good all week...then went to 2 different BBQs over the weekend...and gained 2 lbs! WTH....*sigh*

CONGRATS Charley, Pennylane and Mona for your success!! Mona...you are my inspiration that I "can" do this...so I am not giving up...even tho some days I just want to.
unsure.gif
Awww Linda...HUGS. I know that feeling so well, and I do that too, and in fact, I had 2 days this week where I ate between 2000 and 2500 calories worth on those days!
no.gif
I am sure they are going to catch up with me next week! It wasn't like I was overeating a great deal, or eating lots of sweets that I shouldn't have been, but I had breakfast that day, then my daughter and I went for Chinese food that day for lunch, then had a regular supper, and man, did it add up! (2402 calories!
new_shocked.gif
) Then my other "big" day was yesterday, and it was because I was being BAD!
yes.gif
Had breakfast, then for lunch, I made myself home made fries (actually was tick cut deep fried "potato skins)...3 medium sized potatoes worth and dipped in sour cream!
new_shocked.gif
BAD MONA!! Then honey garlic drummies/wingettes for supper. Another BAD thing! Yesterday's grand total was 2184 calories! BUT, I was so mad at myself that I walked double my usual amount yesterday to try to help make up for it. Also went "riding" for a few miles, so that too will help a small amount more! Gotta have bad days too I guess to get you to try harder for the good. :p:!

No weight gain, but blood pressure is good.

and had a lovely day at our son's wedding & got a deposit on our colt... what a great weekend we had...
default_aktion033.gif

I am down 1/2 lb which is good considering that I was at a sales conference and had lots of things I shouldn't have had lol. Congratulations Mona,Charley and Pennylane!!!

Yvonne

Maybe it was jsut water retention (hope so...lol) because I got on that dang scale again this morning (am I a glutton for punishment?? LOL) and I was back down to where I was before...feel better now!
default_rolleyes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Ok so I haven't yet dropped any pounds but I feel like my body has changed shape...I did take measurements a few weeks ago but have yet to remeasure! I am feeling A LOT better/healthier now! I'm almost back to my exercise regime before my injuries which is fabulous...I have been going to the gym 5days/week but next week I'll be upping it to six days a week...I hope! This long weekend is going to be tough for me as there will be lots of drinks/treats/yummy food! I have zero self control for yummy food! hahaha.

Congratulations to all of you. It is not easy to stay with it.

This week, I watched what I ate, and must admit I did not exercise as much. I was busy and did not make the time for my walks. So I ate watermelon...and salad...and more watermelon...and I lost 3 pounds this last week. I'm going to get back into my walks starting today!

Congratulations on your weight loss Lois! I also lost a little more this week...another 3 pounds for me as well.

I am also especially excited for a couple other reasons as well. First of all, I went shopping this week for SMALLER clothes!
aktion033.gif
I was wearing 18's and bought a couple pair 16's and even one pair of 14's!! YAY!!! So I am losing inches too!

Secondly, my old supervisor showed up here yesterday morning for some bait. I havn't seen him since last Fall, and the first thing he said to me was, "You've sure lost quite a bit of weight." LOL!! So people that don't see me all the time CAN SEE IT!! YAHOO!! That comment really made my day!
yes.gif

Opps, double post. Sorry

Back