OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

default_aktion033.gif
Way to go, Mona!
default_aktion033.gif

I had some extra help today not eating....skipped lunch...as I, by mistake of course, locked myself out of the house and spent all day outside. Did some yard work between the showers and went for my walk. I'm sure glad that it rained this afternoon and was not too hot outside.

Other than my drop in weight from last Monday to Tuesday, I stayed the same...but I didn't do anything to lose either...The weather is cra**y (rain, cold and windy..winter is back in NW)...and I am "never" home to go grocery shopping or cook it seems. I do try to make good food choices while out, tho, so I guess that helps. But, I really want this weather to become warmer and the sun to come out so I can get outside more and walk.

I won't be checking in next wsek...will be in Florida on vacation...wish me luck that I don't gain 10 lbs...LOL!

Congrats Mona and Charley!!
default_aktion033.gif

Well, this was a "worry" week. I was scared to get on the scale today, thinking I gained, but THANKFULLY, I did manage to lose another 1.5 pounds. Not much, but better than gaining. More incentive to "pick it up" this coming week.

I see last week we never had many people respond....are you guys still with us? We love to hear from everyone, whether it's a loss, a gain, or stayed the same. Seems it helps to have to "report" to others...keeps us "in check" a little more.
wink.gif
yes.gif

And don't forget, it's never too late to join in with us here at ANY TIME, to any "newcomers"!! The more, the merrier.
aktion033.gif

Wishing all continued success with your program, and if you "fell" or took a step backwards, that's OK too...there's always this week!
wub.gif

I lost 3 lb this week yay! I am doing lots more outside work but it is so hot and humid, (we are scheduled to get thunderstorms this afternoon) that I guess I am just sweating the weight off LOL. Enjoy your vacation in Florida Linda. Congratulations to everyone that lost weight or didn't gain anything this week. Yvonne

Sooo.....back from vacation...did NOT want to get on scale this morning...gained 5 lbs!
default_new_shocked.gif
Oh well, I didn't even try to be good and while I thought I was active (swimming and walking a lot at Busch Gardens) I guess it just wasn't enough...LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif

Back to reality now...I hope to lose at least the 5 lbs I gained...<fingers crossed>
default_wink.png

Hey Linda...welcome back! Sounds like you enjoyed your holidays, and that's the main thing!
yes.gif
You can get started again now that you're home. I would have done the same, I am sure.

I had a 3# loss this week, so I have now officially exceeded a 30lb (overall) loss since we started here. YAY!!!
aktion033.gif
I will be happy to lose about another 20-25lbs. I had originally planned on getting down to 160lbs., but am thinking that may be too "skinny" for me. I am thinking the 170# mark for me will probably be pretty close to where I would look healthy at, but will see when I get there...it's a L O N G way off yet!
yes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

default_aktion033.gif
Congratulations Mona! You are doing great.
default_aktion033.gif

I have not dieted in the last two weeks, but hope to get back on board and lose a little more.

Well I had a bad week this week, went to Syracuse for a hunt test, then had problems with my van so scratched on Sunday and headed for home. It kept locking and unlocking itself and the lights were blinking so I didn't want to be stranded in the dark. Then I had to go to a client convention at which the food was marvelous so the upshot was I put on 2 lb this week:-(( Oh well start again.

Yvonne

Had another rough week!
wacko.gif
Found it hard to stay on track, and wanted to eat, eat, eat...not really a lot of things I shouldn't,(sweets etc.) but too much of things that were "ok" but yummy and so I over indulged. It was one of those weeks where I threw caution to the wind and said to heck with it, and ate it anyway, knowing I was wrong in doing so.
no.gif
But that's OK, in the end, it's ME that pays the price, so makes me more naware of the importance that you cannot just brush things off for too long, and expect to progress.

At least I never gained...I did manage to drop ONE pound, but better that than gaining one pound!
yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Way to go Mona...you must tell us your secret...any recipes to share?

I have totally lost track this week of where I was last week. It has been an up and down diet for me. So I'm starting over with a goal of losing 10 pounds.

It has gotten so hot here that I find it hard to go walking....in the 80's when I wake up and up in the 90's in the heat of the day. Guess I will have to wake up earlier or find some other type of exercise.

I will be away from my scales next Monday, so will check back in two weeks. Going walking, just not sure how far I will make it today...it is hot and humid and not a breeze in sight.

aktion033.gif
Way to go Mona...you must tell us your secret...any recipes to share?

Thanks Lois...no, no recipes, no secrets. Truthfully, I eat pretty much the same foods as I always have, with the exception of junk food...candy, chocolate, desserts, bagged chips etc. I have been eating more fruits and vegetables when I feel the need to grab something to eat, instead of making a batch of cookies, or fudge, or a handful of candy etc.

What I have been doing, is writing EVERYTHING down. If I eat it, I write it and the calories from it down in my book. I also mark down my walking, and my weight from week to week on weigh in day. I don't limit the amount of calories, sometimes it's 1000-1200 (my favorite range to try to be in each day), sometimes around 1500, sometimes way higher, but at least I can see in black and white what I have consumed and where the calories came from, and it helps me make better food choices. I know there is so much more I should be focussed on, but this seems to be working for me, as I am not depriving myself of anything I want....I just try to adjust my way of eating, rather than forbidding myself. If I know I cannot have it, it stays on my mind non-stop until I grab it and pig out on it...better to just feed the temptation to start with, and then eat it in moderation. I have found that since I am not consuming near as much sugar/sweets, everything is tasting waaaaay sweeter than it used to, and is not as appealing to me anymore, so that's a good thing too!
wink.gif

For exercise, all I can do is walk. Each time I walk (I walk at about 4mph) I walk 2 1/4 miles. I try to walk no less than once a day, and have walked as many as 3 times a day (6 3/4 miles in total) a few times, but am most comfortable with 2 times a day (4 1/2 miles in total). I cannot do any other exercises due to my bad neck and back, so have to rely on my walking, and it helps that I LOVE to walk!

We have had such nasty weather here I havn't been keeping as busy outside, so that means more sitting around time...too much spare time = EATING!

ENJOY your time away Lois!!
aktion033.gif

Well I had a better week this week, lost the 2lb I put on last week. Lots of exercise outside as I have 2 dogs in for training, a golden retriever named Rufus and a brittany spaniel named Oliver. They are both nice dogs. I have the 2 horses I am taking to the Area Show at the end of the month to get ready too so it is busy ,busy, less time for sitting, less time for eating lol. That is a good idea Mona, to write everything down, I am going to do that in future.

Yvonne

If I wasn't so bad at the horse show last weekend I probably would have lost more, but at least I lost 2 of the 5 "vacation" lbs. so I will take that...But, now, it is back to "normal"...no more vacations, horse shows (except to watch) or anything like that, so I PLAN to get back to eating more healthy and finally getting out to walk!

Congrats on everyone's progress...I am so glad that this thread has helped you all, even if I am not doing so well myself....
default_rolleyes.gif

I only lost 1 pound this week...I am starting to sound like a broken record, but better than to lose even a little bit or stay the same, than to gain. HEAR THAT LINDA??? You lost! Even though maybe not as much as you had hoped, at least it was a loss...CONGRATULATIONS!

Yes Ma'am Mona....lol

Sorry...just not in the mood for "weight loss" right now, but thought I'd check in anyway. Post about why will be on Wednesday.

My trip is over and while fun, it is sooo good to be back home. I did behave while gone and didn't gain or lose. So now I am getting back on track and hope to start losing some this weekend and in the weeks to come.

Welcome back Lois, and good job on not gaining while you were away!

I had a pretty good week this week, and lost 4#. I was worried, as my calories on some days were considerably higher, but I also got even more walking in. For the first time in I don;t know how many years, I am into the 180's!!!
aktion033.gif
So far, I have lost 36.5 lbs! YEEHAW!!

I know I'm not a part of this group, but I just had to share a milestone for me. I reached my first goal today.
default_aktion033.gif
I've lost a total of 35 lbs in 10 weeks. Really big for me. I still have a ways to go, but just had to share my first hurdle. I've enjoyed following this thread, but was to chicken to "join" in. Mona you've been an inspiration to me & maplegum your tips have really helped me. Good luck everyone & thanks for letting me share my little victory.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back