OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back on track. I did lots of walking this past week and lost 2 pounds this past week...so far a total of 5.

We don't have a leash law in the county that I live and I now know where the loose dogs are. I'm looking for some pepper spray to carry since I walk alone. There is one dog in particular that is circling me when I pass and he is very intimidating. I will feel better when I have some protection available if needed.

Oh, this past week, hubby took vacation and our son and family were here. We hiked a couple of days and were very active while they were here. I even made Manicotti in Carbonara Sauce (lots of calories) but descretely limited my meals and did very little snacking, if any, so I still was able to loose a couple pounds. We also ate out more than usual, so I really felt good this morning to see the lower number on the scale!

Had another fairly decent week this past week, Managed to control my eating habits a little better, but walked less this week. Was kind of a busy week, and only walked 4 days. (2+ miles a day) Anyway, I lost another 4.5 pounds! YAHOO!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL, and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! To those that gained or stayed the same, don't give up...hang in there, and next week will be better!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are AWESOME!! Congrats!

As for myself, on MY scale which I weighed myself on this morning I lost 1.5 lbs, which I am happy with, but I think it may be alittle bit more...I say this because I ate chinese food last night, so I am probably retaining a bit of water (thats my story and I'm sticking to it...LOL!
default_rolleyes.gif
)

Overall, I did OK...didn't get too much exercise in (somehow I need to get my arse off of facebook and the forum to go walk...lmao) but I feel like I made some good food choices this week, even tho we did go out to eat a few times. That is also a hard habit to quit...we don't normally cook a lot at home, so "home food" gets a bit boring.

I really need to find some good recipes that are low cal/high protein....so if anyone has any please share!
default_smile.png

Not sure if I will get into the weight loss center to get on their scale this week (I have an appt every 2 weeks, so I would just go in on my own on the "off week")...my daughter is coming out with me to drive Jet this afternoon. Is sitting in a cart considered exercise?? lmao
default_laugh.png

Our Belmore village had their Maple Syrup Festival, so yes I cheated...

Lost only 1 lb. but my blood pressure is 139 / 90 so not too bad... High Normal

Last week I was 189 and this week 189. So, no change. I feel bloated. I hope this week I can get down to where I was when I first started to lose.

Don't get discouraged. It will come off little by little. Sometimes I think I should have lost and I have gained or stayed the same or vice versa.

It is really hard when events or visits or special occastions come up and trying to make the choice of what to eat and how much. I've been feeling a lot of guilt and regret lately about meals.

I am really happy that Linda started this thread and is cheering us on. It does help. Thanks Linda!

Hi Everyone, totally forgot to check in yesterday. I did weigh myself though. still at 180 so didn't lose or gain. I was off work yesterday and worked around the barns trying to spring clean. finally made it to the dump--what a relief that was. not surprised I didn't loose last week because I wasn't too good food wise. at least, I didn't gain. everyone keep up the good work.

I am now down 42 pounds since my surgery on March 10.

It just amazes me that diabetes and hypertension can go away like magic.

Just started eating 'gentle' food, oh, it is so nice to eat something with texture after six plus weeks of liquids and mushy food!!!!

Here is a great forum for those people not having weight loss surgery. They share tips and ideas and are losing great amounts.

http://www.renewedreflections.com/forums/non-ops/

OK, so I go into be weighed "officially" today, but by MY scale...I didn't lose an ounce! *sigh* I admit I didn't stay on track...was lazy about my eating habits this week...and really just need a kick in the butt to get started again...feeling a little strsssed out and not wanted to focus on my weight right now...I NEED to stay focused on the FOOD part if not the exercise part....*sigh*

OK....that was last week...over, done...start over....right?
default_rolleyes.gif
default_wink.png

Hang in there Linda. I too know how it feels to lose track...it's just far too easy to say to heck with it...this little bit won't hurt, but unfortunately, if we say it too often, it backfires on us. Been there, done that. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try again.
default_luck.gif

I lost another 3.5 lbs this week. Not as much as I had hoped, but better some than none. Only walked 5 days this week, but yesterday did double so makes up for one missed day.
default_laugh.png

This was a temptation week for me too. I didn't lose any, looks like I gained back 2 1/2 pounds....my scale is different each time I get on it. Oh well, I did walk four times this past week for 50 minutes each day or 2.25 miles each walk. And I already walked today also....gained a pound by walking; I wonder how that works. Just got to watch the snacks and get busy so I'm not thinking about snacking. My total lost is down to 2 1/2 pounds...sigh....

I hope you all are feeling better and lighter!

Hi everyone, this was a bad week for me. gained 2 lbs. I feel like it to. in addition to that, my washing machine broke again. I know that has nothing to do with a diet but how frustrating. it is a front load and only 6 years old. the last time it went out, mice had chewed the wires.

Ok, so I must eat better this week. Good luck to everyone.

Not doing well with my weight. I had gone back up to 189 and this week I am 187. I would just like to get down to 180.

My biggest problem is that my mom will go buy "Groceries". She spent $250 and bought TP and dish washer soap. Cookies, pudding, 4 boxes of ice cream, a box of ice cream sandwiches, 4 boxes of mike and Ike candy, red vines, cup cakes...Well, I am sure you get the idea. She has done this kind of thing all my life and that is why I had my jaw wired to loose weight when I did. There was a time she would only have $25 for food and she would go the bread outlet and get day old cup cakes, ding dongs, fruit pies... I would ask her why she did it and she said we needed something to eat. I suggested frozen burritos or meat pies that isn't much better but Hey you can't eat candy all your life. It won't be that long. I may get the new patch that they attach to your toung to remind myself what I need to do.

Hoping to pass on some positives for you all!!

I am down to 201lbs!!! Thats down 5lbs in two weeks,

Had an easy time of it since I was farm sitting alone with a bunch of four legged animals

and just didnt have time to eat a lot of the stuff I should not eat!! lol

The hard part now will be to keep it up now that Im back home and working nights!

I keep forgetting to add to this thread so I lost 1 lb this week, but I say to myself you didn't take 5 minutes to put it on, it took years so slow is the way to go. That way it stays off. In total I have lost over 40 lb but you have to remember it took me over a year to do that and I am still not where I want to be. Hang in Linda, you'll get there in the end
default_yes.gif

Yvonne

My goal is 15 pounds and to start walking again for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week.
Time for me to see where I am at. This week I lost 1.5 pounds and walked 50 minutes 4 times this week. So I am at a pace this past week that I am happy with. I have changed my eating habits. I do not overeat and am working on controling snacking. I am allowing myself a snack in the afternoon, usually yogurt or a granola bar (each have 100 calories and enough sweet to make me think I was bad). My walks are fun and I really look forward to them. Today I increased my walking speed and made the 2.25 mile walk in 45 minutes. I also concentrated on going up the hills at a faster pace.

I started this dieting plan 6 weeks ago and have lost a total of 4 pounds out of the 15 that I wanted to loose, so I have not lost as much as I'ld hoped.

My new goal is to lose the remaining 11 pounds, continue walking at the current pace, and...lose the 11 pounds in the next six weeks. I also want to stop eating completely after dinner, no more snacking in the evening...period.

Congrats Charlie on your weight loss and in getting closer to your goals.
aktion033.gif

I too am moving downwards, but SLOWLY. This week I lost only 2.5 pounds. I walked every day. One day was only 1/2 mile, 3 days were 2+ miles, one day was 3+ miles, and 2 were 4+ miles. Still not too bad considering the birthdays, but I have been giving in to my temptations more readily this past week...need to work harder on that again!

Latest posts

Back