OFFICAL "weigh in" thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I'm not a part of this group, but I just had to share a milestone for me. I reached my first goal today. I've lost a total of 35 lbs in 10 weeks. Really big for me. I still have a ways to go, but just had to share my first hurdle. I've enjoyed following this thread, but was to chicken to "join" in. Mona you've been an inspiration to me & maplegum your tips have really helped me. Good luck everyone & thanks for letting me share my little victory.

aktion033.gif
WOW....CONGRATULATIONS
cheers.gif
on that major achievement wrs!!! That is AWESOME!
cheeky-smiley-006.gif
risa8.gif
thumbup.gif

And what do you mean you are not a part of this group?? If you are a forum member you are a part of the group...it's open to ANYONE to post in at ANY time, and I am so glad you did! So to anyone else out there "lurking", PLEASE feel free to join in at any time! If you don't want to post your results each week, that is fine too, just post when you want to. I personally choose to do it weekly as it helps me to stay on track.
yes.gif

just found this post and which I would have seen it sooner.....when doc said to lor 40 lbs I was overwhelmed but it took a long time to put it on it is going to take a long time to take off, so goal for May was 10 lbs which took an extra week, so am doing weight watchers and am trying for another 10 by the time i have female surgery the end of July. The real hope is that it will make my knees feel better as the shots did not seem to help a whole lot.....anybody had those shots?? Did they help?

Well I went backwards this week! I GAINED a full 2 pounds. No excuse other than I wasn't committed. I had company from out of province, and that resulted in too much eating and drinking!
yes.gif
Oh well...there's always next week!
smile.gif

I'm stuck...haven't gained or lost in a few weeks...but then again, I have not tried either...
default_rolleyes.gif
LOL!

I neither gained nor lost this week also. I have no excuse. I just have lost it and need to find the willpower again. I am going to write down what I eat this week and keep a running tally of calories and see if that will jolt me back into losing something. I have gotten back into snacking so I need to have celery and carrot sticks and watermelon slices ready to eat and I need to stay busy.

I neither gained nor lost this week also. I have no excuse. I just have lost it and need to find the willpower again. I am going to write down what I eat this week and keep a running tally of calories and see if that will jolt me back into losing something. I have gotten back into snacking so I need to have celery and carrot sticks and watermelon slices ready to eat and I need to stay busy.
Snacking is my downfall, I thought I had it under control, but then got hit with comfort food "needs"; lost my best dog last fall and my best equine friend 6 weeks ago, not to mention no foals this year (bred three mares, that never came back into heat, but no foals to show for it). Gotta get back on track.

up a pound this week...long holiday weekend to blame ....got to get back on track.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have company, so not being as careful as I should be, but I did manage to lose the 2 lbs this week, that I gained the week before, so I am quite happy about that!
yes.gif

Lost a half pound ~ Not a lot but headed in the right direction at least.

Congratulations Mona!

down a bit but have to keep going...knees are killing me and other surgry pending.

Congratulations on your loss Yvonne!!
aktion033.gif

The last of our company we've have had for 2 weeks left on Friday, so I should be able to get back on track again. I did manage to lose 3 lbs this week, so am happy with that!
yes.gif

aktion033.gif
YAY!! So happy to have you join us Mary Lou! Hope it will be beneficial to you too! Mondays have been our weigh in days on here, so you're just in time to start off on a fresh week!
yes.gif

Oh, and don't expect miracles. It is a slow and steady battle, or at least it has been for me.
wacko.gif
I never lose very much in a week, but over several weeks, it all adds up!

Rats!! My weight is up this week. I pretty much blocked out the dieting this last week and the scale shows it! Gonna go take a hike.

I lost 2 lbs this past week, so still coming along OK. Sklow and steady wins the race. Wish it would drop off faster though! LOL!

Well, I am going to be SUPER BRAVE here and show a bit of a "before and after" picture. No, I am not yet done losing, but I have now officially lost 40+(41.5) lbs since I started this 19 weeks ago. I would still like to lose another 10 lbs for sure, maybe more, but will see how I look when I get to that point. I can sure notice the loss in my face and throat now that I look back at this picture!!! The "before" pic was taken (edited to correct when the photo was taken) back in September of 2006 when we went to Vegas. The second one was taken just yesterday.

mebeforeafter.jpg

Congratulations Mona! What a difference...you look younger too!

Latest posts

Back