Off the grid

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly how I feel, Sonya. It's pure snobbishness -- with a huge dose of stupidity thrown in on top. They don't even care that we have a beautiful, private, quiet piece of land with a view of the Cascade Mountains -- a place that is perfect for us and our animals. Their minds freeze at "mobile home." Granted, our "tin cabin" is ugly at best, but it's temporary and it keeps us warm and dry. We just say we're on a longterm camping trip!
Susanne, I know exactly how you feel - when my husband and I got together, we lived on his family's property (now ours) in a 25 year old single wide. We had a house moved on, and took 5 years to finish it - paying everything as we did it. We now have a "regular" home, with NO MORTGAGE - nor did we have a mortgage for those 5 years - in total, we haven't paid a mortgage since 1998.

However, my oldest son HATED the trailer. He told us once he would never again be "poor" and live in a trailer. Excuse me? Because we lived in a trailer, and had not mortgage, he got to go to horse shows, Disneyland, other vacations, get help buying his truck and horse trailer, etc. But we were "poor" because we lived in the trailer.

Our other 2 sons "get it", and once in a while will even say they miss the old days in the trailer. . .

We live in a trailer,amonst brick houses....the land (30acres) and the trailer are paid for.our doubkewide is not,it was ruimed by the hurricane and we are fixing it...do I want,to go back?? No.i have no problems being called trailer trash or poor.my cars,rollback,corvette,truck...paid for...i dont want a payment on anythjng...as long as you owe,you will be "poor"imho. You cant judge peop e on what they live in...like us,our money is spent on our shop and our,livestock...i am 27 years old, a mom,a wife, amd work my butt off.my life savings will not go to a high dollar house.

Latest posts

Back