Chicken & Biscuits (Easy From The Oven Recipe)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I think this is one you can customize to your own preference. I'm going to show how I usually make it below
default_yes.gif

Ingredients:

• Boneless / Skinless chicken breast or thighs, cut into bite size pieces (for one dinner for H and myself, I use one large breast or 2-maybe-3 thighs w/ DOZER to help with leftovers)
  • 1 can of cream of chicken soup (I usually use the Campbell's"Health Request" stuff, which is very good but have made this with "regular" Cream of Chicken, Cheddar Cheese and Cream of Mushroom soups -- it's all good! ... but use more soup if you're cooking for more people.)
  • 1/2 16oz bag of frozen veggies -- I uusually pickpeas and carrots, and I will defrost them in a colander hot water... again, I'm making it for two people for one dinner, so put in more veggies if it's for more people)
  • Seasonings to taste -- I use a little celery salt, a little garlic powder, some minced onion and (don't tell H, but... the secret ingredient which is a little Splenda!)...)
  • Canned biscuits -- for H and I, I make just really one or a little more dinner at a time (the dogs will help with left overs here). So I use 1/2 a can with the above ingredients of just 2 servings of chicken, one can of soup, 2 servings of veggies you like... easily adjusted for the number you are going to serve. When it's just H and I, I use 1/2 a can w/ 10 biscuits (so 5 biscuits), then put the left over raw ones in a zip lock bag in the fridge for next time...
  • 1/2 can of milk per can of soup (I uses 1 can of soup per 2 servings of chicken and veggies... so for the two of us, just 1/2 a can)

Steps:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Spray a casserole pan with Pam or other cooking spray
  3. In a mixing bowl, blend / mix with a spoon until smooth your soup + milk, then mix in the veggies that you defrosted (or took fresh or from a can -- whatever you prefer!), then mix in the chicken you have cut into bite size pieces
  4. Add in what, if any, seasoning you like
  5. Bake this in the oven on 375 degrees for approximately 40-50 minutes (your mileage may vary depending on serving size, oven, etc)
  6. Take the casserole out and top with biscuits -- I have done it with the biscuits as the come out (round disks broken up / shredded... works either way, just what you feel like you will like best.)
  7. Place back into oven for another 15-20 minutes until biscuits are done (browned)

This is REALLY good and very easy. I hope I described it well enough that it comes across as easy as it is. You could also let it go, w/o biscuits, for 50-60 minutes (so, chicken, veggies, soup, milk and what (if any) seasoning), depending on your oven, amount of servings and size of chicken pieces, then serve over either toast, rice, or egg noodles...

It's really good comfort food and you can make it reasonably healthy to boot!!! I made a double batch of the chicken veggie stuff (the "filling") last night and we used one already and the remainder is up tonight over toast
default_eat.gif

I personally love to eat this with apple sauce. I buy it unsweetened but then add Splenda + Equal (better together to my taste) + ciinnCinnamonlittle salt. Pretty low-cal and I like a couple-few things on my dinner plate
default_yes.gif
Apple sauce goes with a lot!!! Green beans (canned for me!) do, too... I've lost measurable pounds the past year by eating lots of that, less of the rest
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back