Obama is sharing the wealth

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
Oh my my, what are we to do about this?
default_laugh.png
I just don't know what this world is coming to.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Read it and weep, anyone who thinks Sarahs $150,000 wardrobe that is to be donated to charity was wrong. Just who is Obama going to donate this problem to? Oh, I forgot. Why the taxpayers, of course. You know those middle class people who are going to get the wealth he is going to share. Well this could be the start of sharing his.

Obama’s Hawaii Trips Cost More Than Palin’s Clothes

Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:21 PM

[SIZE=10pt]By: Ronald Kessler[/SIZE] Article Font Size
minus.jpg
plus.jpg

Barack Obama’s trips to Hawaii on a chartered Boeing 757 each cost more than twice the price of Sarah Palin’s new clothes.

Brad Blakeman, who was in charge of scheduling for President Bush, says a Boeing 757 costs about $20,000 an hour for fuel, crew, and maintenance. Since a trip to Hawaii entails 10 hours of flying time from Chicago, the total cost for each round-trip comes to about $400,000.

Obama used the Boeing 757 for trips to Hawaii over the summer for a vacation and again last week to see his failing grandmother. Admirable though that visit was, “By Obama using a private jet to go on a purely personal visit to see his grandma, he’s wasting not only energy, but he’s using the money that his supporters have given him for campaign purposes,” Blakeman says. “It’s a purely personal visit paid for with campaign funds.”

On the other hand, the media are highlighting the Republican National Committee’s purchase of $150,000 in clothes for Palin, even though the dresses will be donated to charities. The New York Times played the story on page one.

“They’re picking on Palin, who was provided a wardrobe by the RNC strictly for political purposes, and it was always intended that these garments would be then given to charity,” Blakeman says. “So there’s a benefit that’s going to charity, not a benefit that Palin will have after the election. There was a need for it because she’s a modest person who didn’t have an extensive wardrobe to do 24/7 campaigning.”

To pick on Palin without going after Obama’s plane trips is “an absolute journalistic abuse,” Blakeman says. “This is the same plane that he took to Hawaii when he went on vacation. In the summertime, when gas was soaring and Americans were having to pinch their pennies, this guy gets on his campaign plane and goes to Hawaii on vacation. He did a couple campaign stops in a state that is not a swing state and is a guaranteed win for Obama. That was clearly to cover the tracks of this vacation.”

Blakeman notes that at the height of the gasoline price surge, Obama suggested that Americans check their vehicle’s tire pressure as a way of conserving fuel.

“I wonder if he checked the tires on his jumbo jet before taking off for a purely personal visit?” Blakeman says. “The way he spends campaign money is a direct reflection of how he will spend ours. He could have easily flown commercial or taken a much smaller corporate aircraft that would cost a fraction of a 757.”

Ironically, it was Palin as governor who saved money for Alaskans by selling the state’s jet and instead flying commercial.

Kellyanne Conway, one of the most respected Republican pollsters, says the media’s attack on Palin’s clothes is an example of elitist snobbery or “classism.” Noting the media’s treatment of her, “I can’t believe her own family still approves of her, after the unprecedented, personal and relentless attacks that this woman has undergone,” Conway says.

Besides attacks on Palin over her clothes, Conway cites snide remarks about “the way she speaks, her husband’s lack of a college degree, the barefoot and pregnant 17-year-old daughter, you know who hunts moose anyway? The classism is so raw and unapologetic, so unconsidered and so undisguised.”

Ronald Kessler is chief Washington correspondent of Newsmax.com.

Bonnie I commented on the comparison of clothing vs the Hawaii trip on another thread. Seems pretty darned obvious who the media darling is.

You know, none of these candadates deserve to be president. Obama has to many unanswered questions, Biden is simply an idiot, McCain has a voting record that shows he couldn't care less about the working class people and he's on the brink of senility and Palin is an air head. MHO but we have to vote for the lesser of the two evils.

I do think they pick on Palin, every station and for every thing, I saw something on tv the other night that really made me mad. They had alot of strippers that looked like Palin, maybe it was a contest, I tuned in late and didn't watch but saw enough to pixx me off. They had no right doing something like this, talk about lack of respect, they'd never have done this to a male candidate. And SNL had no right going as far as they did either, enough is enough. I think with her being a woman, she was an easy target for every bozo who wanted to make jokes about her, I feel sorry for her, I still don't like her and don't agree with her idea's but I do feel bad for her but I have the feeling, if she doesn't get in office now, she'll be back!

IMO we should all take exception to the double standard and sexism we've witnessed. Like her or not I think it's disgusting. She's obviously a very strong lady to be able to keep her head up the way she has. If it were me I'd either be crying in a corner somewhere or giving people a large piece of my mind on national TV.

Of course there's real sexism happening. One of the most outspoken people against Palin on this very message board had as her initial objection "how can she be a mom and vice president at the same time?" Totally depressing to see how little credit women give to their own gender
default_no.gif

I don't get too involved in political threads but got this in an email this morning. It would be cute if it wasn't so true.

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many

others her age, she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat, and

among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to

support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.

She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, a

feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had

participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her

father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he

thought should be his.

One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on

the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed

objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she

indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in

school.

Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let

him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very

difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to

go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a

boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all

her time studying.

Her father listened and then asked, How is your friend Audrey doing?

She replied, Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes,

she never studies, and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on

campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties,

and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too

hung over.

Her wise father asked his daughter, Why don't you go to the Dean's office

and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only

has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be

a fair and equal distribution of GPA.

The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired

back, 'That's a crazy idea. How would that be fair? I've worked really hard

for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work!

Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked

my tail off!

The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, 'Welcome to the Republican

Party.

Thank you, Lois (Charley)!!! It's the same thing and people who think they'd benefit from getting "their" share of the wealthy's money need to realize it is ALL relative and every single one of us is more fortunate than most. Not many people can afford something as extravagant as HORSES. People really need to think
default_unsure.png

Ok. I have 12 minis/ponies. Who on this forum has more so I can go pick to see which ones I want? HUH? What? You paid for the extra ponies? Well, that doesn't matter. It's time to share! LOL

default_aktion033.gif
Good post Charlie. Great way to make a point - by putting things on an individual's level and using a subject they can relate to.

Oh my my, what are we to do about this?
default_laugh.png
I just don't know what this world is coming to.
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
Read it and weep, anyone who thinks Sarahs $150,000 wardrobe that is to be donated to charity was wrong. Just who is Obama going to donate this problem to? Oh, I forgot. Why the taxpayers, of course. You know those middle class people who are going to get the wealth he is going to share. Well this could be the start of sharing his.

Obama’s Hawaii Trips Cost More Than Palin’s Clothes

Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:21 PM

[SIZE=10pt]By: Ronald Kessler[/SIZE] Article Font Size
minus.jpg
plus.jpg

Barack Obama’s trips to Hawaii on a chartered Boeing 757 each cost more than twice the price of Sarah Palin’s new clothes.

Brad Blakeman, who was in charge of scheduling for President Bush, says a Boeing 757 costs about $20,000 an hour for fuel, crew, and maintenance. Since a trip to Hawaii entails 10 hours of flying time from Chicago, the total cost for each round-trip comes to about $400,000.
So when Obama takes a private plane its $20,000 an hour but when Palin does its only $971 and hour?

In addition to the commercial flights, the children have traveled dozens of times with Palin on a state plane. For these flights, the total cost of operating the plane, at $971 an hour,

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081021/ap_on_...n_family_travel

What's $5.3 million divided by $150,000 (cost to clothe Palins family during the campaign)?

[SIZE=12pt]The Temple of Barack cost $5.3 million. That's how much the DNC spent on Obama's acceptance speech[/SIZE] that nobody could even remember 24 hours later.

And I don't see him traveling with that set. [SIZE=12pt]Is the DNC auctioning it off for charity, like the RNC is going to do with the Palin family's campaign threads?[/SIZE]

The Palins aren't millionaires. She hasn't written two autobiographies about how great she is. She's not keeping the clothes.

..........................................................................................

The Cost of the Barackopolis

Yesterday I wrote that the Democratic National Convention Committee spent $140,000 on podium "production"--which I thought seemed to include the cost of of Obama's Greek-columned stage (aka the Barackopolis) at Invesco Field where he delivered his acceptance speech. DNCC spokeswoman Jenni Engebretsen writes in an email that these expenses were "related to podium functions and personnel rather than podium structures," and she does not know how much the stage at Invesco cost.

Greg Pollowitz points out this article,which reported that "[SIZE=12pt]Convention expenses paid by the committee included $14.1 million for construction costs, including the stage and lighting, at the Pepsi Center and $5.3 million at Invesco Field." How much of that $5.3 million was spent on Obama's Greek columns is unknown. [/SIZE]I took a look at the FEC report, but, shockingly, there isn't an itemized expense for "gaudy Greek columns."

Posted by John McCormack on October 23, 2008 09:38 PM

Weekly Standard

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know I dont usually post on political threads but I think this time I will make an exception... I am registered as a democrat. In the beginning of all this fiasco we call a presidential race I was really leaning towards Obama. BUT.. The more I discover about his views on issues I am now leaning towards McCain. Yes there are things that I dont like about McCain but there is more I dont like about Obama. And picking on Palin because she is just trying to be herself and not some stuck up I am better than you snob is beyond the pale. Think ,dont you want someone you can relate to or do you think that if they speak oh so proper that makes them more qualified to be a candidate. People dig deep ,think for a minute and look beyond the surface alot of times people are not what they appear on the surface. All I know is this is the only election in a very long time that the outcome truely worries me. People are so blinded by thier dislike of Bush that they arent thinking clearly. This isnt about Obama share the wealth thing either cause Lord knows We dont make much money. But about alot of other issues and the way he stands on those.. Do you really wanna lose what are country is ? Do you really wanna go to a place where you can have a crime commited against you and the criminal gets a slap on the wrist instead of the punishment they should get. Do you wanna live in a country where drugs is petty crime instead of a major one. ? Do you wanna live in a country where an infant that can live outside of the womb and be adopted out is killed instead because momma dont wanna bring it to term.? Do you wanna live in a country where owning a gun is a crime but yet criminals have them so you have no way to defend yourself if need be and your family? I have more and more of those questions ?? There will always be another election in 4 years but the price in the mean time....... I dunno I really hope everyone voting for the change campaign gets what they hope they are getting cause sometimes I wonder how much is hiding behind the pretty speeches...

Please dont bash me as I am not trying to bash anyone just relating my thoughts.....

Alicia, no bashing here either.........You have some very valid and reasonable concerns, in my opinion.

*never mind - deleted*

I was going to point out that you would have to compare how much it cost to fly ALL those private planes and what not as comparing Palin's wardrobe (and who exactly is going to buy that for charity? That does not make a lot of sense - but whatever) to jet fuel is like comparing apples to kumquats - and then realized there was no point in bothering. I was also going to point out some inaccuracies... but again - why bother? Double standards are everywhere. You cannot turn a blind eye to excess in one place and then point at it in another.... I see all sides wasting vast amounts of money but it seems it is only outrageous for one side to do that. There is a lot of pot-kettle-black going around when it comes to that subject.

Despite several threads asking that people stop stirring the pot, stop the
default_new_rofl.gif
and the
default_laugh.png
... they continue... so those threads were just a lot of empty words. Kinda like the promises politicians make...
boredsmiley.gif

I see all sides wasting vast amounts of money but it seems it is only outrageous for one side to do that. There is a lot of pot-kettle-black going around when it comes to that subject.
No disrespect but I think we ALL agreed that the amount of money being spent is ridiculous. The only reason this was posted is because the Democrats were complaining about Sarahs wardrobe. (which by the way in case you haven't heard is NOT hers and she didn't buy it.) So guess who started it. The Democrats thought they could discredit her by bringing it up. So maybe it backfired a little. OKAY?

BOTH sides are wasting money, but Obama is wasting more.
default_wink.png

I really got a kick out of how you deleted and then proceeded to tell us what you were going to say.
default_wink.png

I really got a kick out of how you deleted and then proceeded to tell us what you were going to say.
default_wink.png
Sorry - you got a kick out of nothing. I did not tell you exactly what I had said. Not by a long shot. I did not bother to post the links or my thoughts or much of anything from the original post. Because - as I said - it would be pointless.

BOTH sides are wasting money, but Obama is wasting more.
Please show me all the totals - everything itemized - before you make such declarations.
default_wink.png
Suffice to say they are all flushing money down the john..

(which by the way in case you haven't heard is NOT hers and she didn't buy it.)
I could care less about the wardrobe thing - big whoop - but to now say the clothes "were not hers" when they were bought for her in her size with a stylist's advice to wear at her appearances etc. is just political doublespeak... what were they - Designer Rentals for That Pseudo-Presidential Look?
default_wink.png

I figured the direction the clothes thing would go when I brought it up somewhere, and it's not the money I'm concerned about, but rather Palin's dishonesty on the subject. If the RNC chose to spend that money on you so you had something nice to wear, why deny it? THAT makes it look like you're hiding something.

Back