Oak Ridge, NC Easter Horse Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kawgirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the obstacle driving class will be included in the mini classes? It wasn't last year, don't think it has been in the last several years, but I sure wish it would be. That's my favorite class!
default_yes.gif

Here is the web site for Oak Ridge. Oak Ridge Easter Show Maybe they can answer your question. I can't find a contact number on the web site but here is a phone number I found on another site 336-643-1425 for Oak Ridge . They have been using a class list from the East Coast Miniature Horse Club when we used to work closer with them to put on the show. Now they do the show and some of our members usually bring the jumps and obstacles and are there as advisors if they need us. We have our big sanctioned show , The East Coast Mininature Horse Club Spring Fling two weeks later on April 15th-18th at Williamson NC. Its just so close to our show that its hard to find people to plan for both of them. If you can't reach them let me know by e-mail or personal message and I will see if I can find out something for you.

Our Club is doing another show this year very near there you may be interested in.

We are planning a Performance Only show June 19 &20. It will tentatively be at the Triad Livestock Arena in Trinity NC. It will be a 1- day AMHR Show and a 1-day AMHA show with a Full slate of all performance classes. There will be 2 Judges. Judith Warner and Vanessa Mullen. You will be allowed to show out of your trailer but 80 stalls are available. We will offer a “Flat Fee” per horse that includes a stall on a first come first served basis. We are still calculating that fee.

On this same note, what exactly denotes a performance class? Obviously driving and jumping, but is halter obstacle considered performance as well? What about Showmanship, I'd assume that would not be categorized under performance. Just trying to get a feel for what our filly can do this year as we plan out her first show
default_smile.png
Shes a bit cow hocked so regular halter is out for her
default_wacko.png

I do have a tenative class list for the Performance show June 19-20th in Archdale NC but its not carved in stone yet

It does include

Showmanship,

Versatility

All types of driving

Leadline

Jumper

Hunter

Obstacle Driving

Halter obstacle

All of these classes of course have many splits for age divisions , over and under ,Adult, PMC etc. There will also be stakes classes.

I know they must be 3 years old to get points in driving, must be 3 to jump. I am not sure there is an age limit on halter obstacle. I guess it would depend on if there are jumps on the course. You may want to check the rule books in both A and R for that. There is no age limit on showmanship.

At any rate this show will be lots of fun. Come on out and join us.

Check our web site at East Coast Minianture Horse club site For information and updates. A lot of information will be in our meeting minutes on the message board.

Mary

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back