Number of minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12 for us also.
default_smile.png

Most I have owned at one time was 32. But I quickly learned that was WAY too many for me to handle on my own. So now I am back down to 18. BUT... I have 11 foals on the way for this year so its going to go right back up. I do not plan to keep ALL these foals. But will probably keep a good # of them.

we continue to grow each year - can't seem to stop buying - although I do believe our latest acquisition of Exodus completes our program so now we'll concentrate on selling for a change. LOL

Currently we have 78 horses and that does NOT include this years foal crop ~

11 this year plus a couple foals due. I would love to have a few more, but hubby says I have enough. [What does he know?]

2 :p Now down to 1. And hopefully it'll stay under 3 always lol. (I say three because someday I'd like to find a complimentary mare and breed for a (a.... singular :p) foal.

We currently own forty miniatures, with five foals on the way.
default_smile.png
This is the most we've ever had, though we've been close before, after foaling season was done.
default_smile.png

I would say with foals and adult minis, 18

Would have 3-5 foals a year.

Than started to decide what I was looking for in my program and now 10, which is the right amount to enjoy and have fun...
default_wub.png
have geldings now, which we did not have before.

3 geldings,

1 stallion,

1 yearling

5 mares.

We are hoping for 3 foals this year.

A friend of mine once said in relation to her donkey herd..."my donkeys don't have numbers they have names".
default_wink.png

That said, I have 19 minis.......way too many for one little old lady to care for.......what was I thinking?
default_doh.gif
But they are here now and here they will stay.
default_wub.png

Some of you have some high numbers here, WOW! I don't know how you do it but good for you
default_aktion033.gif

Not that I wouldn't love to have a whole herd of these little guys, believe me I would.
default_rolleyes.gif
I only have 3 at the moment along with a welsh pony. I'd have more but I graduate HS next year then I head off to the Navy the following year so I don't want to get more and become attached to so many. I'm going to have fun showing the 3 I have for the next 2 years and then see what happens in the future
default_wub.png

5. I, now, have 2 mares (with a baby on the way). 3 is plenty for me right now. We have 1200 acres, but most/all of it is devoted to cash crops. Keep trying to get more paddocks/barns built....but the crops pay for the ponies (and other luxuries)...
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
12 and that's a lot for this old gal but two have been at the trainers most of the winter and believe it or not, just having 2 gone makes my life easier.
default_wink.png

It's hard for me to remember as it's always changing, but I think we got up to around 20. Right now we're at 15. We'll have a few foals, then sell some, then buy some, then have a few foals, then buy some, then try to sell some........

I keep saying I want to get down to 6-10, but that hasn't happened yet.
default_rolleyes.gif

16!!!!!!!! I never even had some of them on my website and no one even knew who I had here! Then I got desperately sick for three months, no help, it was winter and I knew I couldn't keep this up. I'm down to my 3 keepers with no one for sale, and two of them are in foal. I have three boarded here for a while but that's it!

14 was my highest back in 2004, then I dispersed my whole herd. Owned one Mini for a short time in 2007. Now, since May 2009, I am back up to 10 with 1 foal due any day. How did that happen?? lol
default_rolleyes.gif

Back