Number of minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. When I read this thread I *cringed*. But, you guys make me feel *SO* much better!
default_smile.png

Have 8 Minis and 4 shetlands for a total of 12! With 1 foal on the way... but will have 2 foals due next year.

We will drop our Mini #s by 1 this year - and will drop the shetlands by 1. That will make only 10!

default_smile.png
default_smile.png

Wow. When I read this thread I *cringed*. But, you guys make me feel *SO* much better!
default_smile.png

Have 8 Minis and 4 shetlands for a total of 12! With 1 foal on the way... but will have 2 foals due next year.

We will drop our Mini #s by 1 this year - and will drop the shetlands by 1. That will make only 10!

default_smile.png
default_smile.png
LOL - ok have to admit... there are also a *few* (cough) full-sized horses in involved. 11 to be exact ;)

BUT - answers still only 12 minis/ponies
default_smile.png
!!!

16 now, but ready to downsize a bit lol I think I bit off more than I can chew but I agree with the earlier post... summer always seems to change my mind! 3 foals on the way but would like to sell about 5 total. so hopefully stay under 12 and that leaves me space for 1 should I find the perfect horse
default_drool5.gif

I believe the most I have ever owned at one time was 25 - Currently have 20 with 4 more foals to come this year. :)

Most I've had are 23 minis and 2 biggies. Now I'm at 16, but have 2 for sale. 12 - 14 is a really good number for me.
default_yes.gif

Our highest (and current) count is 4. We think we could reasonably manage one, maybe two more but that would be the max both based on time and resources.

Right now, we are not looking to add anyone until we have additional stall space. While our girls are out 98% of the time, we do find that there are times (especially in the winter months) that we feel its in their best interests to be stalled.

I currently have 16, I would like to have less, but I just can't seem to let anyone go. Each one has a special quality that I need. One is just too old to be placed. She does have a purpose here too.

I think my numbers will stay pretty close to this as time goes on. They are quite managable at this number. I have to keep telling myself that I will not get anymore than I abosulty need for my breeding program. We will just have to see how that goes.

I love all of the different personalities and quirks. I would not want to have so many that I could not personally bond with each of them. They love attention and like to help with chores too! Don't know how much more help I can take!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back