Not high falutin enough?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I have not seen the picture yet, but I know you are beautiful. No one has to show me a picture to tell me that. A saying that has been repeated so many times comes to mind.

Beauty is only skin deep.......but ugly goes to the bone!

Those two would seem to have some pretty ugly bones! You can add my name to the list of people that would love to meet you Bonnie!

well i hugged the stuffing out of poor bonnie when i met her. I think you are an amazing beautiful woman. But I knew that before I ever met you from talking to you on the phone.

I have struggled with my weight since i was 12 yrs old. Now I have come to accept myself and just try to stay active and try to eat better etc. I have lived with an anorexic/bullemic person and its a very ugly disease just to fit in a size 4 pair of jeans. But people who dont know will look at someone that thin and think what physical beauty that person has. Its no wonder that anorexia and bullemia are at an all time high. Theres just way too much pressure for everyone to fit a certain mold.

I have met some really phsyically beautiful people that were just so ugly when you got to know them.

I have seen pictures of you, Bonnie. You are NOT fat, not "obese"......or any other adjective of that sort! I am at a total loss here.......Where are people coming from?????

Frankly, if you WERE as "fat" as you have always made yourself out to be, you could put some gypsy clothes on and a fancy gypsy bonnet on and NO ONE would question! :lol: But you aren't FAT!

I have to admit something, though. I have been guilty of "reverse" prejudice. There have been families who have come to look at horses that are just TOO pretty and TOO perfect with EVERYTHING going for them.....sigh.

Guess what....... There is usually something hidden in their closet.......(sad to say.)

Bonnie, when push comes to shove....what is most important is how you feel about yourself. And if some model queen is judging you by looks alone, then maybe SHE is not worthy of YOUR help. (Can you imagine someone judging Sylvia Browne??? :lol: )

Hugs,

MA

Hi Bonnie, I'm sorry that those people were so cruel to you. I'm fat! Yes I am and wrinkly too. Oh well, but my friends don't see it. Those that I care about see the inner me (thankfully).

I feel that if you judge too harshly someone will do it to you someday. So I try to be open minded and kind to all I meet.

I hope you feel better knowing that your forum family sees inside you, the real you.
default_smile.png

Lee

(oh and i live in a run down trailer too. Yup old, fat, wrinkly, gimpy, trailer trash, and proud of it and happy)

I too have judged others. But let me tell you something. The person I am is not the person I see in the mirror. I am most myself when I act as I am inside and not the outside. I never intended to be over 200 pounds. I do not feel that heavy inside. I feel beautiful, and carefree, but hand me a mirror, heck I even judge myself. I caught myself recently judging a very large woman, but guess what I learned? She is a real person with real feelings and I love her. She isn't that much different than myself. So, I guess Bonnie, what I really think is, although image is something, it isn't everything. We have to look in the heart mirror at who we are ourselves.

Ok...rambling and not making sense, but from one teacher to another. I may look ragged and worn outside, but I am young and vibrant inside!

That, my dear, BEAUTIFUL Bonnie happens to be THE MOST shallow thing I have ever heard in my entire life. First and foremost, you ARE a BEAUTIFUL person, outside and in! To he77 with them. I am utterly disgusted that a grown person would or could behave that way, and I am sad that you would even question it. You have FAR more class than they could ever dream of, pay no mind to their shallow, disgusting behavior. I would be honored to meet you in person any day, any time, anywhere!

Bonnie, I have been a forum member for a while but didn't really post until this summer. I just lurked and while doing that read lots and lots of posts from people that you have helped over the years. When I read these stories I feel warm inside and I know that if I met you I would feel the same way, your heart shines from the inside out and you can see it in your eyes in your picture. I would be honoured to meet you and those people do not know what they are missing, I feel sorry for them.

Yvonne :saludando:

Well make room for me Bonnie because here comes "The Blob"........

You know, I feel ashamed that "I let myself go" as they say and got as fat as I did. Who'd a thunk when I married Jerry at 115 lbs I'd be tipping the scales like this now. And since the murder, I've gained yet another 34 lbs.

But you know what? One thing I instilled in my boys was that it is what's inside that really counts. Every time they would begin to want to poke fun at someone for something, they finally learned to "catch themselves" and say "remember what mom said" and that makes me feel darn good.

And you know what? I can think of a lot of worse things that a person can be besides fat; such as liars and thieves not to mention murderers. So if anyone wants to be that shallow than to snub anyone that is overweight then they can go fly a kite.

So waddle all you want Bonnie. You have plenty all size friends as well as plus size ladies here that will follow you anywhere........
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Bonnie, there is a book out , I think its by Doreen Virtue and she says in it that there are different types of healers and different body types. She says that most healers, like psychics and some massage therapists are called Earth Angels and that most of them have added padding and it is for protection. It is the bodies way of protecting itself from negative energy. When I think of all the Psychics I know, and I know alot of them, they all are "plumpalicious" (as one of them like to call herself). So you are indeed very professional!!!!

OK, I have NEVER had a real problem with my weight- except for a big bum- I carry my fat there like a camel, but I can rid myself of it and I just have.

Right, so , now then Mrs Oh-So- Smart Lady who judges Bonnie thus- just how are you going to get me to be "normal" sized????????

Oh BOY do not get me started it is a darn good job I was not with you Bons or that "lady" would have bruises all over her kneecaps!!!!!

NORMAL!!!!

Define "Normal" Mrs Perfection Personi-bl**dy-fied!!!!

The only thing that worries me about you, Bonnie, the person that lives in you, no-one else- being overweight by your own description, not mine, is that YOU are not happy with it!!!

And, for the record, yes, I do not like to see obese mothers with obese children- I fear for them, I really do, and they are rarely happy people.

My best freind was alwasy overweight- BUT she was meant to be that weight, as she found out when she dieted- lost my weight, in fact- and was downright MISERABLE- she put back on the weight and became her normal, healthy, happy self again.

She died of a thrombosis, which she knew she had, it was caused by her varicose veins, it had nothing to do with her weight.

We are all cast from different moulds, there is no "NORMAL" nor any right to judge.
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

Bonnie, there is a book out , I think its by Doreen Virtue and she says in it that there are different types of healers and different body types. She says that most healers, like psychics and some massage therapists are called Earth Angels and that most of them have added padding and it is for protection. It is the bodies way of protecting itself from negative energy. When I think of all the Psychics I know, and I know alot of them, they all are "plumpalicious" (as one of them like to call herself). So you are indeed very professional!!!!

I have that book and you are right. According to that book i fit the earth angel. my sister and I laugh because I sure am no angel!

And all the friends of mine that are healers and psychics are fat and it is a form of protection I do know that.

So many were killed for their "gifts" in past lives.

I have been regressed many times and was put to death in 4 of them for being psychic.

It was very interesting and has aswered so many questions about why I am how I am today!

Bon

Well, they sure are missing out on a super nice and talented lady - what a shame for them!! I'm sure their "perfect world" is much smaller than the world all of us "imperfect" folks live in!
I agree totally.
default_smile.png

The majority of my family is VERY over weight. (Bonnie, you would be on the lighter side in comparison) I am one of the thinnest people in my family, but some of my own family does not like me BECAUSE of my weight. They think I am stuck up or think I am better then they are because I am not over weight. So, I know how you feel a little bit Bon. I am judged by my weight by my own family.

Judging before you even meet is a terribly rude though. I am sorry you had to find out about that. Please don't feel bad about your self over someone else’s tunnel vision. I know you are a wonderful person and so do many, many others. That is what counts. Unfortunately, it is the one bad remark that can erase 1,000 good ones. Try not to let that happen.

Shellie

OH, I to know what its like haveing weight issues.I myself could stand to lose 50 or so pounds. I hear alot on being to fat.

Rabbit~ you must not have a very big bum then because the camels we have here are kinda boney back there. :new_shocked:
default_unsure.png
:

Oh, speaking of discrimination....I also am a biker chick and trailer trash.
heehee.......I am also trailer trash........the high fallutin kind :bgrin :bgrin .....we even made it official by moving into an old old doublewide :bgrin :bgrin owning mini's makes one high fallutin in some circles.........still haven't figured out my "place" as I can dress to the nines and hang with the snobbish artsy fartsy crowd (well thats the stereotype actually they are nice people usually) but more normally I am wearing sweats purple tennis shoes or slides a shirt that doesn't match my hair undone and look like I fell out of the laundry basket
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
: people for the most part will show you who they really are regardless of how they LOOK................I like to get to know the real person not the package...........

OH Jane my younger son would love to meet you and he would have about a gazillion questions about being vertically challenged........................and for the record he loves heavy people as they are squishy to hug
default_wink.png
: he told me once that I should get squishy like my sister
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin it is amazing how accepting kids are. OH and he watched the last comic standing and decided it would be very cool to be like Josh Blue and have his arms just do crazy stuff on their own.................he has gazillion questions for him as well
default_rolleyes.gif
:
default_rolleyes.gif
:

with some people who in good faith I feel, and were only looking out for my interest and I do honestly believe that.They shared with me that because of my excess weight people do not judge me as professional looking enough to be able to do what i do.

One person shared with me that a mother and daughter were so disgusted with the way i look that they did not come up and introduce themselves to me at a horse show this summer As they had said they would. They were very disappointed in me.
Am I the only one who feels this way? That the above was very rude to begin with? I could not go and tell someone I call a friend that someone else had been talking about them in that way. Good intentions or no, it was still hurtful. Personally I would have chewed the other person out for my friend and then kept my mouth shut about the whole thing. As long as someone is clean (except of course while grooming a horse or doing barn chores
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) has a good heart, and means well, what is on the outside is all extra. I try (I am no saint, and do fail occasionally :bgrin ) to remember my rule.

Oh, speaking of discrimination....I also am a biker chick and trailer trash.
heehee.......I am also trailer trash........the high fallutin kind :bgrin :bgrin .....we even made it official by moving into an old old doublewide :bgrin :bgrin owning mini's makes one high fallutin in some circles.........

Hehehe! Glad to see I'm not the only trailer trash around. This year my husband and i moved from a two story, three bed, two bath house in the high rent district (that we were barely able to afford) into my old trailer out in the middle of nowhere that I used to live in when I was with my ex. It is a 1974 single wide, give or take a year. I spent the last 5 years renting it to my husbands brother and his family and they wrecked the place so we have been busting butt trying to fix it up but it still looks like it was time warped right from the 70's, shag carpet and all. But it is on 13 acres and the mortgage payment is less then my truck payment. being trailer trash allows me to have the land and extra finances to be able to have my high fallutin mini and my two high fallutin rare breed dogs (one I got from a rescue and one I got for $10 from someone who shows and just wanted a great pet home for him when he went over sized).

I've been insulted for being fat AND for being trailer trash, but I don't feel bad about when I realise that the people who are insulting me are not only shallow but also in debt up to their eyeballs most the time.

Am I the only one who feels this way? That the above was very rude to begin with? I could not go and tell someone I call a friend that someone else had been talking about them in that way. Good intentions or no, it was still hurtful. Personally I would have chewed the other person out for my friend and then kept my mouth shut about the whole thing. As long as someone is clean (except of course while grooming a horse or doing barn chores
default_rolleyes.gif
: ) has a good heart, and means well, what is on the outside is all extra. I try (I am no saint, and do fail occasionally :bgrin ) to remember my rule.

If it were my friend, I would want them to tell me. I'd want to know what the person thought of me so I would know how to deal with them in the future. But I would want them to tell me gently, and not be insulting about it themselves. I would also hope that anyone i called a friend would have chewed them out too. I know if anyone said something like that about MY friend I'd be all over them.

I have that book and you are right. According to that book i fit the earth angel. my sister and I laugh because I sure am no angel!

And all the friends of mine that are healers and psychics are fat and it is a form of protection I do know that.

So many were killed for their "gifts" in past lives.

I have been regressed many times and was put to death in 4 of them for being psychic.

It was very interesting and has aswered so many questions about why I am how I am today!

Bon

I really like this books thoughts, I may have to buy it and read it. Bonnie, my dear friend and mentor, I am getting tired of folks hurting you. You and I know how hurtful it can be just going day to day, why people think they are "helping" by saying sauch things baffles me. What if you had responded with..."well that's ok, I heard you were a ...." BUT you know who you are and how special you are. When I see you, I see your eyes, and your smile and your light, I feel you warmth.....they have always comforted me and supported me and helped me in the worst and the best of times. I love you, always will.

BTW I took your prescription and just returned from a trip away...I feel like a new person!

Bonnie:

Let's say you're driving down the road and two bugs splatter on your windshield. What do you do? You squirt some windshield wiper fluid on the bugs and wash them away. These people who wouldn't talk to you at the horse show, they're just bugs on the windshield of life. Wash them away.

By fretting about their behavior, you empower them. They don't deserve to be empowered by you. They're the ones who should be fretting because they missed out on getting to know you.

Bonnie i have seen your photo's many times before in the horse magizines and the pics from Nationals ...i would not be scared to say hi and have a chat with you ...actually im practically counting down the days untill nationals next yr to meet you! I've struggled with my weight for years to, i would not mind dropping a few pounds but i feel im healthy and eat healthy. being fluffy runs in my family, i use to be really self concious about my weight but now its more 'if you dont like the way i am ...dont bother me'.

Its one of those things where you have to prove the them wrong!

Your one of a kind and wouldnt want it any other way
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back