Not high falutin enough?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who is very overweight due to medical problems I can surely empathise. Cannot tell you the number of times well meaning people say "If only you would exercise some you could lose some of it." Just can't get through to them that I can't exercise. "You have to watch what you eat" is another one. When I tell them Docs have told me I am doing nothing wrong they give me a look that says they don't believe me. They mean well but sometimes it hurts so. Don't let rude insensitive people get to you. Its their loss.
default_wub.png
:

The way I look at it is, It's their loss and your gain! People who are that rude I don't want to be around or even meet.

Bonnie I would love to meet you. I am truly in awe of people who have your talent.

I was always thin and then I got hurt (at work), and sitting around for over a year sure put the pounds on me, (about 50) they don't go away as fast as they go on. Now I have a couple of other medical issues which are not conducive to loosing weight.

I'm not a small person either-- tall and heavy. When interviewing for a job I think people would look at me and think I was stupid because I am fat. First impressions and all. It's probably that "not very professional" image your friend was talking about.

I have 3 children-- two are tall and lanky and one is tall and heavy. The thin ones seemed to make friends easier.

I think there is a prejudice against fat people. Watch TV and see how the skinny ones and the fat ones are portrayed.

It's a horrible shame.

I've never met you Bonnie. But I certainly wouldn't avoid you because of your size!!! That's just so strange!

Oh, and anyone that can hang out with Fabio the way you do, has got to be FABLUOUS!!!

:lol: :lol:

Nita,

You are to funny!

Bon

Bonnie: I know I've seen your picture AND I've met you in person twice now at nationals last year and this year and now I am wracking my brain trying to put together a mental image of you and trying to figure out what the heck they were talking about. The only image I can piece together about you is twinkling eyes, friendly face, warm smile, welcoming hugs and a beautiful peaceful light energy or aura all around you. Maybe it is because I am taller than you but for some reason I remember you as being "little".

I gained a lot of weight when I was pregnant last year and I've lost the excess now and my four year old just the other day sadly told me he missed my soft squishy lap.

People and weight -- having hired many, worked with many, encouraged many, I can say that there are places/people who have an aversion to "bodies" that are not within their ideal comfort zone. There are many doctors/lawyers/nurses/secretaries who are not slim & trim, they have the same knowledge and abilities as their slim counterparts. So, do not let anyone allow their own backward thinking bring your own self value down! THEY are the ones with issues, not you.

NOW -- I do have a concern about people who are not physically able to "perform" when it comes to areas of police, firefighters, military, etc. In these positions the demands of their jobs to assist others could be hampered by their "possible" inability to perform physically if needed. For these areas of consideration, I feel we need to have annual or semi-annual performance tests. Weight may or may not hamper them but, the public depending on them needs/deserves to know.

Otherwise, a typists uses her fingers, a lawyer his brains, a receptionist their personality......get the picture?

Bonnie, I haven't seen you in person -- I've only "seen" you via the net. I am CERTAIN the same caring, glowing person would greet me in person as on the net -- no matter the packaging. Pray for those who can't see this as they do need the help. :aktion033:

Keep on helping -- fluffy or not :lol:

with some people who in good faith I feel, and were only looking out for my interest and I do honestly believe that.

They shared with me that because of my excess weight people do not judge me as professional looking enough to be able to do what i do.

One person shared with me that a mother and daughter were so disgusted with the way i look that they did not come up and introduce themselves to me at a horse show this summer As they had said they would. They were very disappointed in me.

I can totally understand this. As people we do judge people by the way they look everyday,for instance what is the first thing we think of when we see homeless people,if we are honest? Fear? antipathy? or digust because they are dirty or smelly? I know my first instinct is to want to get away,one because where we live i had never seen one before and it scared me at first, then, I felt sad.

I guess I am saying I am as guilty as anyone but I try to think, now what if thats an angel in disguise.Not to say i am an angel ! Me no way
default_wacko.png
:

However it does make me sad to know that people are still so shallow as to write me off as someone not good enough to introduce themselves to because of the way I look, when I realize now I was standing 2 feet away for a good part of the day.

If they feel that way its okay, but I also feel a little disappointed in them as well.

This is why I had my photo put in my ads (as you can imagine I hate having my photo out there, darn photos always make me look fat!) because that way people know what they are getting before hand. There are no surprises.

I don't know what to say except this is me I am what I am (THANKS POPEYE) so I really didn't know what to say to them except thank you for telling me, and caring enough for me to want to help me.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Bonnie
Wow...how judgemental of them....I'm actually shocked that people would say that. What does weight (or ANY physical characteristic) have to do with WHO a person is inside??? Would being thinner make you a better person? Not possible, I know you and know what an amazing person you are
default_wub.png
: It truly saddens me to think of the amazing friendships those folks will miss by judging people on the least important part of them, the outside...how sad for them...

It's very sad, and it's very true. It hurts us, but it hurts them too... I'm not even trying to be poetic here. It's a grand injustice of the mind. The SHOULD feel disgusted, but not at others...at themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll beat them up for you if you want. I KNOW you're an angel. (Me, I'm not a nice person, which is why I'd totally kick them for you!)

I've had the same response from people who haven't seen me in years. I've had people actually say "What the heck happened to you?!" and actually be disgusted and make fun of me.

Latest posts

Back