Noseband Color?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDMminis

Reaction score
Well I've been debating back and forth what color noseband to get for showing. I've been told to get a gold nose band, as the gelding I'll be leasing has a mostly white face. But I was wondering how much that the color of the show halters noseband matter? I was told that actual "colored" bands like, red/blue/purple etc. Looked unprofessional? I'm just curious does it really matter if its gold or silver, or blue?? Or burgandy, black. Personally I do not like the color gold
default_no.gif
, but I would be willing to get that color if it makes him look good and more professional In the ring. I'll be showing In the AMHR shows, and any information would be greatly appreciated
default_smile.png
. Also has anybody bought from Double Diamond, there show halters with the Stoned band. I don't really know how to crack there color codes lol? Instead of gold/silver etc. They have "yellow" and "Clear"? I'm not sure if those would be similar to the colors silver and gold or very different?? Thanks!
default_saludando.gif

When I showed AMHR, I had a metallic purple noseband (I LOVE purple!) that I used on most of my horses. I placed just fine, even at Nationals!

Andrea

When I showed AMHR, I had a metallic purple noseband (I LOVE purple!) that I used on most of my horses. I placed just fine, even at Nationals!Andrea
Hmm... I just didn't want to look like a total little kid going In with a colored noseband. The pictures I seen of the gelding he actually had a fancy blue colored noseband and I thought he looked very handsome
default_no.gif
. But then again, pretty doesn't always mean professional??

Well, there's TASTEFUL and there's gaudy. I've seen some gaudy stuff that obviously the people thought were "pretty."

Horses are mostly steeped in tradition. Although slight embellishments can help you stand out in the ring... staying traditional never hurt anyone. And it's less likely to be a "fad that dies out."

This is the style of colored noseband I had:

Colored Nosebands

I just stayed away from too many decorative ferrules on the sides of the halter, so overall it wasn't as extreme and overly-flashy.

Andrea

I play it simple
default_wink.png

I stick to black and burgandy nosebands with gold or silver inlay...i think it looks more "classy" and "professional" then something that looked like it flew here from another planet...but that is just ME.

I personally like the more "traditional" colors (gold, burgundy, silver, or just black) with the plain sides and added conchos. I guess the colored would look ok on some, but it's just what I think looks best.

Yeah I just won't to go around gold LOL, I think I might be stuck with it though. If it looks good on him
default_laugh.png

If you want color I would get one with beads. Tha's what I have. It gives them a "pop", but looks elegant.

We have tried to keep it simple. The one you are looking at will be nice. As for color, we show in mostly two halters. One is black/gold and the other is burgundy/gold. Whichever color you get, you may want to keep in mind that you may have another horse in the future to show, so you want to stay simple. A show halter is sometimes a pricy investment and you don't want to have to replace it for another horse in two years if you don't have too. I, personally, don't care for the beaded nosebands. They look good on some, but a basic black/gold or black/silver noseband will usually go well on most. What is actually more important is the size. You don't want one so small that it is over his eyes or so big that is wraps clean around his head. You want one that fits nicely, so look at photos of how they fit and measure your horse to get the correct fit.

Good luck and have fun.

Angie

Latest posts

Back