Showing- Harnesses, Carts, Halters Oh My!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strangeaddiction

Reaction score
This season I plan on showing my OWN mini! I am beginning my search for show "tack". Show harness, show halter for performance and possibly halter classes (he'll never win but in Ptha shows I want to go for all- around awards), cart and clothes! I think most of you have seen Hercules, but I'll attach a picture of him for color reference.

I need some advice on color accents for show harnesses, chrome or brass, some come with a color accent option as well (usually silver, gold, blue, purple, red etc) and the option of Bling or just the colors in the browband and noseband.

Halters- any recommendations on colors, styles, brands for both types.

Carts- I am looking at an old show cart Patty said she may part with, shes been waiting to get it fixed and now Jerald is starting back up that is a possibility. It just needs a new shaft. She said it is a medium color wood shafts?

Clothes- I was thinking of just keeping it simple, black and white? What are your opinions?

I am not typically a flashy person I love a clean look. Any brands, links etc would be appreciated!!!!

Thank you in advance
default_smile.png
Would also love to see you guys and your "show get-up"

I really like Star Lake Tack brand for harnesses and halters. Chrome or brass--the choice is up to you. Personally I like brass on red based horses and chrome on black based horses. I'm a person that likes a little more bling and flash so I like colored rail shirts, but a black blazer/jacket and pants is fine. You can always do a colored top for a pop of color. You can do a google image search for Hobby Horse jackets and there are lots of ideas.

http://starlakefarm.com/performance-show-halters.htm

http://starlakefarm.com/harness.html

Cathy is super friendly and helpful if you have any questions

I have a rhinestone halter from Star Lake that I used in my chestnut stallions stock class and in the solid color classes and looks great on him and even my black gelding. Fits very well and when I bought it from her tack trailer at the show she actually added the fancier buckles to give it even more of a western type look.

I think your horse would look best with brass or goldtone hardware, based on his coloring. For show halters, I don't think yoyu can go wrong with a classic Victor or similarly designed halter.

Best of luck and have fun!

Latest posts

Back