Northwest Miniature Horse Club Schooling Clinic!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crabby-Chicken

Reaction score
Lots of Lil Beginnings friends will be there! We can't wait!

The Northwest Miniature Horse Club's annual Schooling Clinic is less than one week away! Please join us in a fun and wonderfully informative weekend March 1 & 2 in Longview, WA at the Cowlitz County Fairgrounds. The schedule is set and we look forward to seeing you there.

Prime Design Tack, Jim Agee the clipper man from Burrough's Electric, and Bob Graham with his one of a kind Hyperbikes will be on-site all weekend to provide all your miniature horse needs!

We are lucky to have experts in the field--trainers, breeders, and member, oh my!--presenting in lecture format classes on Saturday and hands-on demonstrations all of Sunday to answer all your burning questions. Bringing a horse to participate on Sunday? Don't forget to sign up by sending your class preferences to [email protected].

If you have show clothing or miniatures horse tack that you would like to donate to the clinic, please bring them for the donation tack sale. All money received for items will go for the operation costs of the clinic. A raffle for miniature horse art will also take place Saturday, so don't forget to bring your luck and money! Raffle tickets will be $1 each.

Sunday will hold the AMHA sanctioned Measuring Certification Clinic. Visit www.nwmhc.com for more information or write [email protected] with any questions.

Wondering what classes will be at the schooling clinic? The schedule for the entire weekend is included below.

SATURDAY

9 a.m. “Clipper Maintenance” with Jim Agee

10 a.m. “Clicker Training for Beginners” with Amy Lacy

11 a.m. “Nutrition, Conditioning, and Care” with Lori Guglielmo

12 p.m. to 1 p.m. LUNCH

1 p.m. “Face and Body Clipping” with Syndi Kanzler

2 p.m. “Show and Registration Paperwork” with Barbara Hento

3 p.m. “The Farrier Technique” with Helynn Emery

4 p.m. “Beach Driving, Combined Driving Events, and Harnessing” with Leia Gibson and Liz McMaster

SUNDAY

8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. Liberty with Portia Kalinka

9 a.m. Halter with Portia Kalinka

Showmanship with Amber Owens

11 a.m. Driving with Ron & Dorothy Whiteman and Tammy Osgood

In-hand Obstacle with Sandy McCormick

1 p.m. Obstacle Driving with Kate Beevers

Hunter and Jumper with Lisa Pichler

*Classes subject to change.*

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting the schedule Kim.....I was wondering what was on the list for class topics
default_smile.png

I get to be there Saturday and I can see it will be well worth the trip.

See you there!

Yay, Faith,,,

Can't wait to meet you and your daughter. I am just finishing a painting to try and raffle off at the clinic! We are getting excited!

-Kim

"Combine driving"...does that mean I have to teach about driving tractors???
default_new_shocked.gif
:DOH!
default_laugh.png
I hope not as I was mostly planning to talk about harness fit for show and pleasure.
default_unsure.png
Don't know much about no tractors....
default_wacko.png

So on Sunday are multiple topics running at the same time or is there one every hour? I'm interested in quite a few of the later topics.

Leia

I'll be there on Sunday!

Kari

No, Leia, we had you down to tune up a few John Deere's...
default_laugh.png
darn, I guess harnessing it is!

On Sunday there will be two classes going at once in the arena... so you will have to pick one an hour.

See you soon!

So the best time to meet most all of you there is??? And where in the Fair grounds?

I'll be there, both days!

I should have at least Cherry Bomb in tow, and Lailah may be there for a bit, too.

Liz

Hi Shari,,,

Saturday is always good, and lunch is casual... Saturday classes are in the Floral building on grounds. Sunday it will be in the horse arena.. With the measuring Certification class on Sunday in the floral building.

Thank you! Will let hubby know. <VBG> He said he would take some time out of fence building to take me.

Okay so this year the pig is leaving the sty. At least that is my intent. I plan to attend on Saturday for sure still up in the air about Sunday. So looking forward to meeting everyone I haven't yet met and saying hi to those I have met previously. So be nice don't cause problems or I just might choose to [SIZE=12pt]Squeal[/SIZE] on you.
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
By the way I do not have a flat nose. Even though I broke it majorly just a couple years ago in a horse trailer incident. Guess I also fractured my skull at the time. Who would have known.

Brain still seems to function pretty much the same.

Boy a few days of sunshine and I'm in such a better mood. Strange how that happens. My goodness I went out without heavy coat this am to move my truck out to the street. Now this week we get more showers but the temps will be nice and spring like. I have daffodils coming up all over the place. Spring is coming and the

pigs are getting fat.
default_new_multi.gif

Okay, I'm back in the land of the living...the last few days I had my doubts...

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, joined Sunday by Keith and Mingus. I'd love to bring Scarlet as well, but as of now our transporation mode limits us to one horse at a time, and Sir Mingus would be a bit crabby if he were eft out!

Bob Graham will be there in person with and to answer any questions, and Liz has generously volunteered her own sports car extraordinaire, Cherry Bomb for test drives.

Everyone say hi to Heather, she's my neighbor and is interested in going beach driving with us!

Susanne, you ok???

Kari

Hi Kari,

After an ER visit, loads of prescription drugs and hours of sleep, I was feeling a whole lot better...then Iread through the thread about AMHA measurement and the circuitous Orwellian logic threw my fragile recovery into a tailspin --

-- actually, I am doing a lot better, and I think as long as I behave myself, I'll be doing great by next weekend!

Thanks for asking!

Sorry you have not been well Susanne. Let me know if you need anything. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Pretty sure I will be there Sat...when Hubby can take a break from the fencing. Have the camera back fixed so I am told, dying to try it out and what better way than taking pictures of everyone and their horses. <VBG>

Any time that is best to most likely see everyone driving about?

My real name is Marie I plan to come without my short pig by my side. Not bringing any of my equine crew

either. Not sure how anyone would recognize me if they haven't already met me. I'm hoping to drag Erin

from Moore Acres along with me also. If Susanne is feeling like attending on Saturday and won't share her

bugs with me I will bring her also. Hoping to meet lots of people there. But first I need a serious hair cut so if that's the case I will have very short hair. My hair just does its own thing when it grows. Way too wavy and curly naturally. Short is sooo much better. Hoping to meet those I haven't and see those again I have met in the past.

Just thought of something...

Marie.. I can let you borrow one of my signature straw hats!!
default_biggrin.png

Shari, I don't think any of us will be driving on Saturday as that's the lecture day. Kody will probably be playing "demo horse" for my harnessing clinic but that's about it unless I go ahead and hitch him up afterwards just to goof off. Amy (Clickmini) will be there with her young stallion Esprit doing the clicker clinic in the morning.

Leia

So would Sunday be a better day to meet up with everyone? What times will folks be driving? Would really like to be able to check my camera out...and visit of course.

Latest posts

Back