Northeast Miniature Horse Club's First Show of the Season!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
There is only one more week to get your pre-entries in for the

[SIZE=12pt]Third Annual Northeast Spring Invitational[/SIZE]

AMHA Miniature Horse Show
to benefit Chances Miniature Horse Rescue
& Northeast Miniature Horse Club Rescue Fund
Sunday, May 27 ~ 3 judges, including one World judge.
Beautiful Clear Brook Farm, Hancock, NH is our host.

Stalls Available!!

(Entries WILL be accepted after 5/12, but a late fee of $10/ horse will apply).

Four Exciting High Point Awards Offered:

~Beginner Youth, Beginner Adult, Youth, and Amateur ~

Also Offering a Full Mentored Beginner Division

See Show Premium for Details

Entries and questions to show manager: Laura Mullen - 607.868.3938, email [email protected]

Entries may also be faxed – see entry form.

Class List, Show Premium, and Entry form are available on The Northeast Club Web Site, Northeast Miniature Horse Club website then click on the top button – Show Information

Again this year, this is a BENEFIT SHOW for the Northeast Miniature Horse Club Rescue Fund, and for Chances Miniature Horse Rescue, a national organization.

Your entries are going toward a good cause!

Also this year, an exciting first for New England!

Our Sunday AMHA show is to be held in conjunction with a two judge AMHR Miniature Horse Show
Saturday, May 26, same location. For class list, entry form, etc. on the AMHR show, please contact our show manager, Laura Mullen.

Important -- Stalls will be available from Friday thru Sunday -- $50 for the weekend ~ Bring your own shavings. Pre-paid reservations required and due by May 12.

THESE ARE GOING FAST!

Come and enjoy NH and this wonderful facility for the entire weekend!

See our show premium for information on lodging.

Complimentary coffee and pastries on Sunday morning.

Also on Sunday

Memorial Day Barbecue (Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Salads, and Incredible Cake) will be available for a nominal cost of $4.00 for adults, and $2.00 for children under 12.

Remember last year? Chef Pat will be back!

We hope to see you on Memorial Day weekend! If you have any questions, please contact our show manager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to add that several of the rehabbed horses from the Upton, MA rescue will be at the show on Sunday to visit with spectators. And several of them will be shown that day, including a yearlng filly who was born to one of the rescue mares last Spring. She has been appropriately named "Faith of the Heart".

Our 4 High Point Awards are named for 4 of the rescue horses, and are sponsored by their adoptive 'parents', or Northeast Rescue Fund supporters.

If you live in the area, even if you are not showing, please stop by to meet our now healthy rescue horses, share in our barbecue, and watch some of the northeast's top Miniature Horses compete!

Hope to see you all there!

Cindy Moses, President

Northeast Miniature Horse Club

www.northeastminis.org

I am looking forward to both shows on Memorial Day weekend.... We are bringing 14 horses to show and cannot wait!!!! I am skipping my High School graduation to go, But it is DEFINITELY WORTH IT!!!!

See y'all there!!!!

lol wish i'd had a big show as an excuse to skip my graduation..not sure my mother would have let me anyhow..i wanted to skip it just to skip it..but she wouldnt' let me! lol.. it's such a tedious boring thing to have to sit through! count yourself lucky your not going! lol I think i'm just going to end up being able to do the R show
default_sad.png
not sure yet about A... we'll see. Can't wait though!! Already gearing up... with my fat unfit horses..hehehe

This will be the first AMHR show put on by the Maple E Miniature Horse Society on the 26th. We have a VERY special High Point Youth Award that will make the adults want to be kids again "drool" :bgrin . We are hoping people will come out and attend both shows have fun and show support for BOTH registries. We felt there was a strong need for an AMHR rated show to be held in the New England area, as most of us have to drive 8-10 hours just to get to a rated show. Come on out and have a blast showing with us. Linda B

We're packing for these shows already!

"Let's see....if I put this here, then I can't bring that....but if this goes over there............................."

Just wondering if anyone is planning to camp out Saturday night on the show grounds??? We are showing at both shows, so our horses will be there Saturday night but we have opted for a hotel.

You can post or PM me if you want. Thanks.

Now all those of you who think these shows are early, we have a show May 19, so that will be 3 shows in 8 days for us! I get tired just thinking about it. And of course we are doing performance classes, so we need to get everyone (especially ME) back into shape.

Good luck everyone!

It sounds like we're going to have a GREAT turnout for both the A and R shows!!

That should translate into BIG classes in both the halter AND performance divisions.

I know I speak for the entire board of the Northeast club when I say we are absolutely thrilled with the reception these shows are getting and to work with the Maple E group. We hope there will be good cross-entering for both shows from our group and theirs!

I am bringing one of my dual-regaistered mares and hope to be able to get to the show in time Saturday to enter her in the R show. I've never shown R before, so it would be a good opportunity to do so, since there has never been acombined A & R show in the Northeast.

So who is bringing what horses and what classes are you going in for each show??

Jenifer

P.S. The deadline to enter the A show is tomorrow, so get those entries in! Here's a link to the club website to access the class list, entry form and show manager contact info: Northeast Miniature Horse Club Calendar Page

I'm bringing my Sr. Mare (in my avatar) and she'll be in Ammy showmanship, halter & hunter and also in open hunter and Liberty. Then my new yearling gelding will be there in Ammy jr geldings, yearling geldings and multi-color. Would like to do liberty with him also, but I'm almost positive that I won't catch him! LOL

I'll be in your senior mare class!

I'm bringing 2 senior mares, a yearling filly, 2-yr-old filly, and 2 yearling colts. All will show in their Open halter classes, and they'll spilt the AOTE and regular amateur classes.

I know I'm putting at least 1 or 2 in liberty.

The last 2 years the liberty class at this show has been HUGE! we've always had at least 15 horses, which makes for a great liberty class!!

I can't wait...will be there for the R day to show. Can't decided about both days but we will be over to meet everyone on Sunday too. We live close enough that I don't mind driving back even without horses.

The mare and girl in my avatar will be in the Youth under classes.

Should be a great weekend!!!

Karen

I'm bringing Triple for Youth Jumper, Obstacle, and Halter. I might do some open halter (gelding
default_smile.png
) depending on how he measures this year. Just need to know if he's in the 30-32 or 32-34. He was really pushing 32" last year, so we'll see.

I'm also pretty sure Ally's bringing Sully & Lucy. Lucy for Obstacle and Youth Country Pleasure. We'll see how well Sullivan can buckle down and train.
default_wink.png
: We're picking him up Sunday!

I've been going crazy getting prepared for both club's shows. I'm usually at the barn from when I get home from school to dinner. Maybe back afterwards too. Few days this week I've gotten up in the morning to do some of my homework.
default_wacko.png
: CAN'T WAIT for summer vacation.

We are headed down to the AMHR show with 6 horses and can't wait :aktion033: We've got Who's Your Daddy going in Amateur Country Pleasure Driving and the Country Pleasure Driving Stake. He may also be in some Youth Halter classes as well. Lt. Dans Magnificent Toy will be in the 2-Year-Old Mares Halter Under, Amateur Mares Halter Under and possibly some Youth Halter classes. VPS Simply Irresistible is going in the 2 year old Geldings Halter and Amateur 2 Year Old geldings Halter(we think he'll be in the over class). Clear Brooks CK Shake N It Up will be in the 2 year old Geldings Under and Amateur Geldings Halter Under. Was thinking the Under Liberty class as well with him, but not sure I can catch him after he gets going
default_rolleyes.gif
: VPS Just A Tad Bad (pictured in my Avatar) will be in Amateur Mares Halter Under, 2 Year Old Mares Under and Solid Color. My Aunt keeps her Mini here and will be bringing him(Clear Brooks CK Keep N Time) for 2 Year Old geldings Under, Amatuer Halter Gelding Under, Solid Color and Liberty Under.

We are really excited that there is FINALLY am AMHR show in New England again and we can't wait to show!!!

Best of luck to everyone showing
default_smile.png

Jen

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jen, Haven't seen you or your mom for a while so it will be great to see you at the show. We are taking eight. I should have my head examined. The horses will mostly be doing youth classes but I think I may try my luck in open jumper. Linda B

Hey Jen, Haven't seen you or your mom for a while so it will be great to see you at the show. We are taking eight. I should have my head examined. The horses will mostly be doing youth classes but I think I may try my luck in open jumper. Linda B

I can't believe people are coming for Saturday only!! Why not stay another night and show with the "A" people...? I know there are a lot of exhibitors who show mostly "A" are going to go to the "R" show on Saturday too!

Good Luck everyone! Hope to see you there
default_smile.png

I'm bringing two yearling fillies and a jr stallion, just sold my senior gelding!

for me it 's a money issue.. i can't afford to show at both.. R is my preference between the show's i've shown at A/R so if i have to choose it would be R i guess. I' d love to do both days but i just don't see that as working out $$ wise!

We are only doing the R because of the 6 horses going, only 3 have AMHA papers too. So, no sense paying for stalls for the R horses when they don't even show the next day and we'd only have 3 horses showing on Sunday. Plus, I will have 1 mare left here at home and am not sure what I'd do with her for the weekend if we aren't home. She's not an easy horse to babysit(she's very demanding
default_rolleyes.gif
: ), so I don't dare to leave her with someone too long cause she'd wear out her welcome
default_rolleyes.gif
: We'd love to do both days, but maybe next year. AMHR is our focus this year, but we are planning on attending North Easts July AMHA show with the 3 A horses.

Jen

Latest posts

Back