I've just published a miniature horse themed novel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max's Mom

Reaction score
Hi! I'm not really new to the forum, but I haven't been active here for a few years. I've owned my mini, Max, for 18 years, and been a "horse person" most of my life. In addition to horses, one of my passions is writing. I recently published a middle grade novel (target age 9-12) that I think would be appealing to some on this forum. I'm not sure where or if I am allowed to advertise it or include a link, but I thought I'd put the word out if anyone has an interest.

This is a very "horsey" novel, with a focus on miniature horses. It's also educational (in an active and fun way) as the characters learn about horse care, laminitis, and how to show minis.

This is the book description for A Place for Sofia, by Laura Holt-Haslam.

Sofia Ruiz adores her horse, Sundance, a gift from the grandmother who has cared for her during her mother’s absence. Weeks before her eleventh birthday, Sofia’s mother demands that she pack and leave Sundance behind. Sofia is sent to live with her great-grandfather while her mother travels in England for the summer. Anxious and lonely, Sofia doesn’t know whom she can trust. After meeting the neighbor’s miniature horses, she’s invited to join the Mini Whinnies Horse Club. Sofia befriends quick-tempered, horse-loving Olivia, who uses crutches to walk, and her twin brother, Ryan, who’s afraid of horses. Sofia’s hard work, kindness, and horsemanship win over the miniature horses’ strict owner, Stephanie, and her college-age daughter, Grace. But where will Sofia live when Mom returns at the end of the summer? Will she ever see Sundance again? This story about resilience, hope, and discovering family in unexpected places will delight horse-lovers of all ages.

If interested it's available pretty much everywhere where you can purchase ebooks, and in paperback at Amazon. Thanks.

Your novel sounds very interesting! Though I’m just a bit over the target age group, I think that 27 year old me will enjoy it. I’ll be sure to check it out!

Latest posts

Back