No snow here BUT

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedPromiseRanch

Reaction score
well i can't match any of you for snow pics but what started out as a nice breezy cool day turned dark and rainy about noon and let up just long enough for me to snap some pics and feed before it started up again... so for a change of pace here is what our ranch lake looks like (anyone got an ARK?????)

DSCF0183.jpg

Austin is very good about staying dry (and that's Grace the Great Dane)

DSCF0143.jpg

i thought the storm was over... see the clearing to the west (right side) - but we got hit again about an hour later.

DSCF0126.jpg

i missed her tongue out but Shasta was drinking out of that little puddle...

DSCF0200.jpg

Zacchaeus, Shasta and Hannah play a quick game of soccer to use up the energy stored while stuck indoors!

DSCF0197.jpg

even the salt lick had a puddle it it!!

DSCF0182.jpg

Destiny after rolling (hard to believe this is the same horse in Shawna's woodburn!) and of course Zacchaeus never runs out of energy...

DSCF0176.jpg

Holly wearing her wet-and-dry tiger stripes

DSCF0185.jpg

Annabelle - can't you just hear her saying "excuse me, this is no time to be taking PICTURES!!!"

DSCF0155.jpg

Mary Ellen does NOT like to be wet

DSCF0136.jpg

isn't she pitiful...

DSCF0138.jpg

but i checked and as you can see she was not wet to the skin! (i checked them all to make sure they wouldn't need blanketing)

DSCF0152.jpg

and last but not least, our FORMER little white molly mule Eve who apparently decided she did NOT want to be white any more! (that's "aunt" Jasmine next to her)

DSCF0127.jpg

of course the snow pictures are a lot cleaner
default_wacko.png
:
default_wacko.png
: but this is our life - at least today! the donkeys especially are very grateful that most of the time it is NOT like THIS!

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain means warmer,, I'll take the rain over all this snow and cold up here anytime.. But maybe I shouldn't say that to loud, as the temps are "suppose" to warm up and the snow piles, that are as tall as me in the driveway, will be melting and we will be muddy again.. Oh well, I'll take rain and warm mud or not...i think my tri feels the same, too..

That's a pretty neat mineral block holder you got there, pretty slick! Your mud looks terrible though, and I think I'd rather deal with snow!

That's a pretty neat mineral block holder you got there, pretty slick! Your mud looks terrible though, and I think I'd rather deal with snow!

thanks, i designed it myself but i made my husband weld it because it needed to be sure to hold 50 pounds and i wasn't that confident of my welding at that point...

and i think that's fair, you can keep the snow and i will keep the mud
default_yes.gif
: it actually dries up pretty quick... i do NOT like to be :cold:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back