No more flip flops or sandals please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle

Reaction score
A friend of mine posted this photo of a young girls foot that was trodden on my a horse. A few of us were talking just the other day about how we wear sandals to the horses, well be prepared that this could happen
new_shocked.gif

omg!If this doesnt convince people nothing will. This is almost exactly what happened to me when a pony stepped on my foot and sliced it open although not that bad.

Sandals and horses do not go together!

default_saludando.gif
OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
that looks nausty i have had a broken toe from a big horse not wear shoes now i wear steal caps

but minis dont do as much damage

I was always careful around the big guys, but have to admit my feet have been pretty well flattened by minis.
default_smile.png
I wear at least tennies now because I can't afford to have them stepped on again...I'm overdue for foot surgery and dread being off my feet for weeks because of it.

Jan

EEWWW! that is nasty! I hope they have a speedy recovery. My neighbor wears flip flops to the barn and I tell her that she is crazy! I always wear a covered shoe.

eeew that looks nasty , you see it so many times and people never learn

STEEL TOES ALWAYS HERE!!!

I have 3 permintly broken toes and I do the mini horse & goat farrier so steel toes are needed. They have defently saved my feet!

Ouch. I learned that lesson a long time ago. A 16h half arabian stepped on my foot while wearing sandles and it took my big toe nail completey off. It was very painful, and took a year to grow back. After it happened, my mom was giggling when she brought me my sandle with toenail still inside
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
That HAD to have been done by a big horse! Goodness, I've been stepped on a million times and my little ones seldom if ever even break the skin! Myabe I've been fortunate, and although my horses may inadvertently step on me, they are not pivoting or taking off on a run. They are well mannered and usually walking with me or around in a stall, so it's purely accidental and no worse than stubbing my toe or running into something -- which I do and THAT breaks the skin!

So, I guess this stubborn old woman will continue to wear her flip flops.
default_shutup.gif

But I do recognize the importance of teaching people to wear shoes around the animals, and I tell people that myself -- I just don't do it!
default_rolleyes.gif

Yep, me too! O So has stepped on my flip flopped foot, but it didn't break the skin. Hurt like you know what, but only because of his weight. For a little horse he is pretty heavy when he walks on your feet! LOL Yah, maybe I was lucky too. I just try to be extra careful when I have my flip flops on.

I bet the people at the local stables cringe when I bring the boys over in flip flop! LOL

Now if I was working with big horses, then yes, I would be wearing tennis shoes at the least. Would never do flip flops with a big horse. If my small horse can accidentally step on me, so can a biggie!!

Absolutely, Kim. I DO wear shoes around big horses, but I'm seldom around big horses any more, so I didn't think to even add that. But, you're right!

Yah, I only own the small guys. Only time I get to mess with biggies is if I get to take care of one at the stables.

I have had a toe broken by a big horse that liked to reach across you as you were leading her. She would reach over, step and twist. But with the minis the worse I have gotten is a bruise and maybe a tiny skin scrape.

i have sen that pic somewhere before, and OUCH that looks like it hurt. when i had the biggies, i always wore steel toe boots, around the minis tho, its much easier for me to wear sandals, i know its bad, but, i do unless i am doing serious work with them

Ewwwieee!! Gosh. Ouch. Haha. Almost convincing enough to stop me from wearing my crocs out to the barn!

EWWWWW. Thanks for the timely photo. My daughter came out to help me with my driving boy Ike and I look down and she has on flip flops. I tell her, no boots no help and sent her back to the house for proper footwear. She stomped and fussed and marched her little pre-teen self back to the house and came back grumbling. I picture is worth a thousand words. Thanks for the illustration of what I was trying to explain.
default_aktion033.gif

Pre teen, ouch! I have one of them little monsters too so I am glad I could help. Lol

I have had my Clydesdale step on my foot, thankfully only one toe broke, I was wearing boots

I was just talking about this yesterday. I was trimming my Standardbreds feet and she put her foot down on mine. I was wearing flip- flops and I have a small gash and it is swollen. But I will never learn!
default_no.gif

Latest posts

Back